+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ulm

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

ulm

The Lady Techsters will have a similar challenge tonight as they did against Southern Miss. The ulm ladies are athletic and will make this a game. We have two shared opponents = Southern Miss and Northwestern State. We have the same record against those two.

Defense is ulm's game plan and they have a good one. We will have to take care of the ball (ulm forces a lot of turnovers). The key to this game is us getting back to our shooting ways, though. Pringle and Levingston HAVE to pick it up. Sneed and Dowdell HAVE to be physical. If we rebound and get back to our real shooting potential, we win this big. If we struggle again, we lose. That simple.

I predict a 10 point victory with the Techsters moving to 45-8 against the Monroe girls.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: ulm

The key question for us is if the shooting dry spell is over. We went two games without being able to score effectively. We have the shooters, so this is a simple question of if we can get back to hitting. My guess is if we do, it will be much more than even the 10 point victory above.

This game is in 7 and a half hours. Any predictions or are most of you too down after the bad shooting of Saturday night and the close loss? Be a part of it when we get our touch back tonight! Wish I could be at the game. Hope we have a good crowd, because this is ulm's biggest game of the year and they will bring people.

Varsity Bulldog gonzajo71 is an unknown

I think if Tech can hit their outside shots, rebound, and hit free throws, then we win, but if not, then we either win but by 5 or fewer points, or we lose. I definitely think Tech is better than last year, but if the outside shots are not falling, then we struggle. I don't think that Tech played a poor game, other than the shooting, against USM. They were a bigger team, and it was hard for our posts to get anything going in the paint. This is why I would love C. Long to use Nixon, and Kara. At least give them a shot to see if they can contribute.

Champ tigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant future tigtoo30's Avatar

Techsters by 12...pay back for last year.

However, it will be interesting to see who steps up in Jones's place.

Varsity Bulldog gonzajo71 is an unknown

BTW, I am no longer in NYC, but back home, and a season ticket holder once again !!!!!! Woo Hoo !!!!! Also, I wanted to say that at the USM game, it was almost like old times. The crowd was really into it. I hope that we have a great crowd tonight, and against LSU, especially.

Quote Originally Posted by gonzajo71 View Post
    BTW, I am no longer in NYC, but back home, and a season ticket holder once again !!!!!! Woo Hoo !!!!! Also, I wanted to say that at the USM game, it was almost like old times. The crowd was really into it. I hope that we have a great crowd tonight, and against LSU, especially.
    Wish I would have met you, gonzajo. I made the trip in for the USM game. The crowd was a little lax at first, but really got into it in the last couple of minutes. I couldn't talk after the game - my voice was gone.

I, too, am looking to get back to the area. Hopefully, I can find a job in the Shreveport area. That way, I can start hitting all the games again.

Bulldog D_dubb has turned a few heads around hereD_dubb has turned a few heads around here D_dubb's Avatar

I think Tech will come out on top tonight. They are going to have to shoot better than saturday. Free throws are going to be key if the team is like s. miss. This is going to be a good game for him to use his bench and see what they can really do. I think now he has no choice but to use them because Whitney is out. Don't see any harm in trying his bench, if they don't produce then take them out. I will be there cheering them on and fan coaching like I always do.

Even though ulm is similar to Southern Miss in their style, they do not have two Amazon women. The tallest player is 6'2" and it drops from there. I think Sneed will have a huge game against them. Sneed can handle Lloyd (their 6'2" girl). We just have to keep Carrier (their top scorer - guard) in check and watch their emerging guard, Jackson. Jackson scored 20 against Northwestern in ulm's last game. Their guards are quick and like to steal the ball.
    My line up would be:
    Sneed
    Dowdell
    April Williams
    Levingston
    and
    Pringle

Let April take the point and Pringle concentrate on the 3 pointers and pulling the ulm guards out to defend her. If ulm is nervous about Pringle and Levingston, Sneed and Dowdell should come up huge.

Sub Nixon for Dowdell to give her a rest. Put Warren in the game to sub for Sneed - even if it is just for defense. Let her draw some fouls and play hard ball with ulm's Center. When she gets a couple of fouls, put Sneed back in.
    Last edited by champion110; 12-11-2007 at 02:51 PM.

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I expect a double-digit win & will be there as always cheering for the Techsters. Williams stepped-up big time against USM, and a similar game, penetrating against NLULM will really help us. There is almost no chance our shooting won't improve. I think our team will play hard. We looked good against USM except for frigid shooting. That type effort and passion will produce a good win against our Monroe rivals.

It would be nice to see a big win to build confidence.

Varsity Bulldog dogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the rough dogtrooper's Avatar

Williams stepped up big time indeed. it's a wonder that it wasn't her instead of jones with the knee injury -- the way she was throwing her body around and all.

Champ AG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the rough AG_jr's Avatar

108 - 54.

Champ tigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant future tigtoo30's Avatar

Slow start for the Techsters, but starting to get in the groove. However, they are not getting back in transition

ULM 25-22 (Tech shooting 53% - ULM 3-7 from 3)

7:27 1st half

ULM 34-30...2+minutes.

Halftime - ULM 36-30
    Last edited by tigtoo30; 12-11-2007 at 06:47 PM.

This is why God made second halves.

Will be glad when Sidney is ready to play again...we are missing that outside shot from Whitney....

No excuses...our defense could be MUCH better, but a great outside threat will help.

+ Reply to Thread