+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SO LONG LONG

Champ BuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant future BuzDawg73's Avatar

Re: SO LONG LONG

Regarding Nixon, I was watching as close as I could on TechTV to see how she performed once she was put in the game. I did not see a lack of hustle or any bad attitude. She looked very tentative and basically lost out there. I attributed this to lack of game time exposure and thought it unfortunate she had not been getting in any games. I believe we need her to function well if we are going to have more success this year. She was obviously unsure of herself. IMO Long is making a mistake not playing her and getting her confidence up. I also think Johnson and Wysinger play with some fire and should start at the three and two. It just seems that we need to establish energy from the beginning of the game rather than waiting until we are behind and having to do the full court pressure thing to get some blood flowing.

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

Regardless of what we think on this board, Long's contract expires this year and right now barring a spectacular run in conference play he will not be the coach next year. I'm sure he knows this as well.

Bulldog D_dubb has turned a few heads around hereD_dubb has turned a few heads around here D_dubb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BUZDAWG View Post
    Regarding Nixon, I was watching as close as I could on TechTV to see how she performed once she was put in the game. I did not see a lack of hustle or any bad attitude. She looked very tentative and basically lost out there. I attributed this to lack of game time exposure and thought it unfortunate she had not been getting in any games. I believe we need her to function well if we are going to have more success this year. She was obviously unsure of herself. IMO Long is making a mistake not playing her and getting her confidence up. I also think Johnson and Wysinger play with some fire and should start at the three and two. It just seems that we need to establish energy from the beginning of the game rather than waiting until we are behind and having to do the full court pressure thing to get some blood flowing.
    BUZDAWG thank you so much for reaffirming what I have been trying to say. She played the three last year and now she is at the four. So when a number 20 from ULM was knocks down shots put her in at a position she has played becuase she is 6'2" and hard to shoot over. She went in with a lot of energy and drive but 2 minutes is hard to get started and then down by 11 is hard to come out of with 4 cold palyers that haven't played much in the last three or so games. Thomas as well. I would so start wysinger her lay-ups will fall. She creates plays for her teammates and go's hard every play. Johnson as well she is probably the one player that can get a shot off over a 6 footer because she can jump. Long says he wanted energy i nthe game but the players with all the energy are on the bench. Long still can prove his self by playing well through conference and making it back to the NCAA tourney so don't count him out just yet.

Champ DrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by BUZDAWG View Post

my observation had NOTHING to do with what happened when she was on the floor.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by revf View Post
    Regardless of what we think on this board, Long's contract expires this year and right now barring a spectacular run in conference play he will not be the coach next year. I'm sure he knows this as well.
    Oh gosh- please don't be kidding here. I can't imagine them letting him go - that is about the best news I have heard all day.

Champ BuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant future BuzDawg73's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrumDawg View Post
    my observation had NOTHING to do with what happened when she was on the floor.

What did you see?

+ Reply to Thread