+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Who would you start?

Bulldog D_dubb has turned a few heads around hereD_dubb has turned a few heads around here D_dubb's Avatar

Who would you start?

Seems that the starters that start the game now are not doing as well as they should, so I am asking you guys on here. Who would be your starting line-up from what you know and what you have seen these past few games? Be honest.

Mine would consist off

1. april williams - only starter that plays with intensity the entire game winning or down

2. Wysinger - creates plays for other players if not for herself. She has had a hand in many of steals that her teammates have recovered, her plays hard on defense, she is a scoring presence. she could be the go to player.

3. Tub - she has been stepping up big even though her shots haven't been falling. She is a good leader on this team.

4. Jonhson - She is not the tallest but she is fast, can rebound, and jump out the building. She can also get her shoot off over most tall post players.

5. Toss up position. Guess I would go with Bean (Dowdell). She has good hands, and can shoot from the arc. She can pull the defender out from under the basket. Her post moves are good as well.

This is just from what I have been seeing in the games so far. If I knew the starters for the other team, and scouting report I might change it, but for now I am going with this.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Who would you start?

Good question. Mine would be:

April Williams - same reason as yours. She has been the little engine that could all season.

Sneed - Sorry, but Sneed may have not been as dominant in the last two games, but she was before that and will be again. If she can't handle the double-team, though, I would sub in Kara often. At least with one of them in the game, we have an inside presence.

Dowdell - No doubt for me. Dowdell still has difficulty from time to time, but she is a star in the making. I think she will continue to develop.

The other two are harder choices. I think I would go with Wysinger. She looks like she comes to play ball. I think she could really develop as a great player. The last choice, most likely, will be Sidney when she can. Until that time, Tub is probably the best choice. She has some mental lapses in defense, though, and I see her just standing in the corner (not active enough) on offense. I know she is waiting to get that three pointer off, but she needs to move a little more. Pringle has to be subbed often in that guard position that I have Tubb in, though. They are both our real three point threats.

So, those are my first choices. However, much depends on who we are playing. It might be fun to put Sneed, Dowdell, Nixon, and Kara all in at the same time with April running the point. Talk about height! It would be a slower team, though. If I was playing against some team that didn't press much, I might try it. If you had April bring it up and Dowdell (has some good ball handling skills) ready to help out, it could work. Dowdell can hit the three, as well. Run her in the 2 spot with Nixon and Sneed in the 3 and 4. Kara in the 5. I still think that might be fascinating.

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Good choices for good reasons.

I'd try Williams, Wysinger, Johnson, Dowdell, and Sneed. We'd really have to count on Nixon as first off the bench with these starters. I like the extra size, and Johnson's all court game, plus the energy of Johnson and Wysinger. Levingston does bring a sizzle and would see as much action this way as starting. Against a smaller team or a team known for packed in zones I'd look strongly at Levingston for Johnson.

GO TECHSTERS. WE LOVE YOU AND ARE BEHIND YOU & WILL BE CHEERING FOR YOU THURSDAY NIGHT.

Champ BuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant future BuzDawg73's Avatar

Start --Off the bench

1. Williams --Pringle/Shordy
    2. Wysinger-- Tub/Brietta
    3. Johnson-- SydneyBrietta
    4. Dowdell --Nixon/Warren
    5. Sneed-- Kara/Warren

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

Champ,
    I'm baffled as to why you'd choose to put Sidney in your starting five when you've not seen her play.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by fanfromafar View Post
    Champ,
    I'm baffled as to why you'd choose to put Sidney in your starting five when you've not seen her play.
    We have to try some different things. She can nail shots - we know that even from warm-ups. If she has the talent that we think she has, I would slip her in there and see what happens.

Varsity Bulldog gonzajo71 is an unknown

Is Nixon all that good a player ? I don't know if it's just me, but I've noticed her on the bench, and it appears to me as if she's just there. Occasionally she'll yell something, but imo, for the most part, she's not into the game, and from what I remember when she has played, she hasn't been all that productive. She's somewhat erratic. JMO. Something must be done, though. I am proud of their effort, however. I believe that last year's team would have given up midway through second half, but this year's team seems to fight till the end. Hopefully they can turn it around beginning tonight. Go Techsters !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Champ tigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant future tigtoo30's Avatar

Williams
    Sneed
    Johnson
    Wysinger
    Pringle

Levingston is a better spark off the bench. And also, IMO Johnson has been out playing Dowdell. Until Dowdell can block out and play with muscle, Johnson should have her place.

I haven't thought Pringle was doing all that great (and then she rattled off 6 tres), but she is great on the defensive end.

I'm also glad that Williams is playing with more fire lately. Hopefully, she can start spreading her energy.

Here's hoping Stewart gets to play a little as well. We really need an outside shooting threat.

Bulldog D_dubb has turned a few heads around hereD_dubb has turned a few heads around here D_dubb's Avatar

Wow I think all those line-ups are great. Lets see if Long decides to change it up. I have a feeling we might see something different.

+ Reply to Thread