+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mitchell Report

Big Dog TechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her game TechSupporter11's Avatar

Mitchell Report

Who's gonna read it? Who doesn't care?

I for one am very curious to read this thing...

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Re: Mitchell Report

Am I the only one who doesn't like having pro sports topics moved to this forum? Putting pro sports with "Hobbies and Interests" and "Introduce yourself" just isn't logical, and very few people see the stuff in this forum. Most pro stuff that is posted is about regional teams (Saints, Cowboys, Astros, etc.) and, to me, that's "General Sports".

This Mitchell Report thread could be interesting if it were in a place where people could read it.

As far as the report itself, TechSupporter11, I am interested to see what it says. If it is one of those reports that is 500 pages long, then I won't waste anytime with it, which is probably what baseball is hoping will happen. If there is a summary that is a couple dozen pages or less, I will read it. But, whether I read it or not, I do want to know what it says.

Big Dog TechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her game TechSupporter11's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StrayDawg View Post
    Am I the only one who doesn't like having pro sports topics moved to this forum? Putting pro sports with "Hobbies and Interests" and "Introduce yourself" just isn't logical, and very few people see the stuff in this forum. Most pro stuff that is posted is about regional teams (Saints, Cowboys, Astros, etc.) and, to me, that's "General Sports".

This Mitchell Report thread could be interesting if it were in a place where people could read it.

As far as the report itself, TechSupporter11, I am interested to see what it says. If it is one of those reports that is 500 pages long, then I won't waste anytime with it, which is probably what baseball is hoping will happen. If there is a summary that is a couple dozen pages or less, I will read it. But, whether I read it or not, I do want to know what it says.
    I guess I could of added the question..."who's gonna read this thread?"

I also hope there's a summary of some sort because I'm very intrigued by it...or maybe I'm just happy to see a report come out of some kind, since we are still waiting on that one report for our own college...

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

As an MLB fan, I'm not as concerned about the report exposing the past as I am about how the report addresses these issues for the present and future. What will be the consequences for steroid usage and other performance enhancers usage?

As for me, I support this baseball concept - 3 strikes and you're out. No do-overs.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

I agree with you Stray. I think if it's not Tech related but is still sports related it should be in the general sports folder. But you know those techie guys.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    I agree with you Stray. I think if it's not Tech related but is still sports related it should be in the general sports folder. But you know those techie guys.
    Yeah, buncha nerds.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HoDo-Tech70 View Post
    As an MLB fan, I'm not as concerned about the report exposing the past as I am about how the report addresses these issues for the present and future. What will be the consequences for steroid usage and other performance enhancers usage?

As for me, I support this baseball concept - 3 strikes and you're out. No do-overs.
    ditto...

I'm mostly looking for names, evidence, and anything related to that...

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post

Folks use the Football Forum for EVERYTHING. If I move it, it is usually from the Football Forum.

Big Dog honker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the rough

They just announced, Roger Clemens was turned in by the Yankees trainer, who claims he provided Roger with steroids before and after he joined the Yanks. I'm not really surprised but I am dissapointed b/c he was one of my favorites. We need more Nolan Ryan's in the sport- Hell, He would just take a couple of advil and blow smoke.

I think this report is going to have a lot of big names in it. They way they are "teasing" it on ESPN and different sports websites, I think it's going to be huge.

I just wonder how this will affect future Hall of Fame votes. People will start asking tons of questions about guys like Clemens and how he was able to play for so long and how he got so strong at an older age. This report will have a long-lasting impact on MLB.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Selig better quit.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

I see they got Pettitte too.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3153129

This is going to be hard for baseball in the short run, but I'm willing to suffer to clean house.

Kids look up to these guys and want to live up to their superhuman standards. These players need to be disgraced.

Also, I didn't know how I would feel when it was one of my favorite players, Clemens, was named, but now I know. I'm as mad at him as I am at Bonds. Perhaps madder. My son never wanted to be like Bonds. He idolized Clemens.

It is cheating, and I want them all disgraced.

They are saying it will name 60-80 players and place most of the blame on Selig and his administration for creating a culture that accepted this type of lifestyle.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

This is being posted five minutes before the press conference. I want to make a prediction concerning my Astros. I've always thought Clemens was on steroids. You can go back to previous posts and see that I thought so. I hoped he wasn't, but thought he was.

Here is my prediction. I don't think Bagwell will be named.

Tejada's name has now been leaked. Now we know why his performance has gone down.

+ Reply to Thread