+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Long's post-game quote

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

Long's post-game quote

"Considering we played one of the best teams in the country, one that has the potential to contend for the Final Four, I thought we played pretty well," Louisiana Tech coach Chris Long said.

Hmmmm.....we lost by 31 points, shot less than 27%, had 16 turnovers, made only 16 buckets in the game, scored less than 50 points in the entire game, and you thought the Techsters played pretty well.

If Long thinks this is "pretty well," then he needs to go to another school where the lower standards match his own.

What an embarrassment.

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Re: Long's post-game quote

And @ the TAC, no less!!

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Well, I think it is time to leave this section. I can hardly stomach what has happened to the program. Long MUST go!!!! I think they should fire him Monday morning and let the assts. finish the year. They have to be able to do a better job.

Champ longdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    Well, I think it is time to leave this section. I can hardly stomach what has happened to the program. Long MUST go!!!! I think they should fire him Monday morning and let the assts. finish the year. They have to be able to do a better job.

Do you really think JOAKES would do this after conducting the "the nation wide search" to land such a great coach like Long.

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

This guy is giving Bicknell a run for his money in being a loser that makes excuses. I'm all about giving the other team some credit, but gosh . . . . .
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by longdawgview View Post
    Do you really think JOAKES would do this after conducting the "the nation wide search" to land such a great coach like Long.
    No. Especially since d.r. took center stage in "the nation wide search" and selection process, and did a special presentation of the results of "the nation wide search" with f.j.t. in attendance.

No Way..............................

I predict that c.l. will hang around longer than k.r. (the first), with even poorer results.

Hope I'm wrong.

JOAKESONUS

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    This guy is giving Bicknell a run for his money in being a loser that makes excuses. I'm all about giving the other team some credit, but gosh . . . . .
    I thought it amusing that long picked up on bick's "To tell you the truth," line during the post game interview. When folks do that, they are usually trying to stall for time while they try to figure out some excuse to use. Either that, or it's a dead give away that they are about to tell a lie.

Or, both.

Puppy parkedgourmet2 seems to have something between the earsparkedgourmet2 seems to have something between the earsparkedgourmet2 seems to have something between the earsparkedgourmet2 seems to have something between the earsparkedgourmet2 seems to have something between the earsparkedgourmet2 seems to have something between the earsparkedgourmet2 seems to have something between the earsparkedgourmet2 seems to have something between the ears parkedgourmet2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    No --- actually he is making Bicknell seem decent and that speaks volumes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where is that football truck --- help him move on out of Ruston today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Puppy XTECH has turned a few heads around hereXTECH has turned a few heads around here

Oakes and Long continue to be an embarassment; They continue to damage the credibilty of a program that was once one of the tops in the nation;

Post season play has disappered and will never bee seen again as long as Oakes/Long's omplacency continues.

Varsity Bulldog dawgomatic is on top of his/her gamedawgomatic is on top of his/her gamedawgomatic is on top of his/her gamedawgomatic is on top of his/her gamedawgomatic is on top of his/her gamedawgomatic is on top of his/her gamedawgomatic is on top of his/her gamedawgomatic is on top of his/her gamedawgomatic is on top of his/her gamedawgomatic is on top of his/her gamedawgomatic is on top of his/her game

WBB at Tech has hit rock bottom, a pathetic caricature of our once proud program and is on life support. The administration has already waited too late to act. By the time they finally get around to replacing Long the program will be dead as with MBB and the Jerry Loyd era. The men's program has never recovered and continues to struggle mightily. A responsible administration would relieve Long now, appoint an assistant as interim coach and begin a search for a coach with national stature.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawgomatic View Post
    WBB at Tech has hit rock bottom, a pathetic caricature of our once proud program and is on life support. The administration has already waited too late to act. By the time they finally get around to replacing Long the program will be dead as with MBB and the Jerry Loyd era. The men's program has never recovered and continues to struggle mightily. A responsible administration would relieve Long now, appoint an assistant as interim coach and begin a search for a coach with national stature.
    Not just any assistant, though. Appoint one that was a Lady Techster and played for Leon.

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawgomatic View Post
    actually, this is what MANY on this board have been hope'n for many years would happen.

Champ beaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Kelly Jolly seems like a snap for us. I wonder if Insell would come over. I would love to have him but a woman would probably be the way to go now. I agree that Long should resign now.

Varsity Bulldog Junky has turned a few heads around hereJunky has turned a few heads around hereJunky has turned a few heads around here

We went from starting a women's team
    To being a good women's team
    To a national champion
    To a school looking to go for another national champion
    To a team looking to just make the sweet 16
    to a team just looking to make the turnament
    to a team just trying to find the basket

I see a trend.....and I dont think its a good one

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by beaux66 View Post
    Kelly Jolly seems like a snap for us.

didnt we burn that bridge when we didnt hire her last time?

+ Reply to Thread