+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A New Subject

Puppy latechsports! is an unknown

A New Subject

Lets talk about something other than steroids now... So what are everyones predictions right now for us in the WAC, how many games will we win total this year, and also who will be the surprise player for this year to step up and really help our team out?? Just trying to give us something new to talk about!!

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Re: A New Subject

If Albi keeps his head on strait - I think he could have a phenomenal year -

I think Clint Ewing will be freshman of the year -

I think Nick Grunenwald may be the SURPRISE of the year -
    Last edited by Dwayne From Minden; 12-17-2007 at 02:18 PM. Reason: Don't know where I pulled Stubbs from
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

i meant to put this in earlier but Kersten is my surprise player of the year for us!

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by latechsports! View Post
    i meant to put this in earlier but Kersten is my surprise player of the year for us!
    I thought long and hard about putting him up there -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Yea i think after watching him a few times this fall he will have a great year. He hit a few homers and was hitting the ball hard everytime. He also looks like he has gotten a little bigger so hopefully that will pay off also. I also agree with your Albie comment!

Champ falcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her game falcon's Avatar

Baseball Re: A New Subject

Quote Originally Posted by latechsports! View Post
    Lets talk about something other than steroids now... So what are everyones predictions right now for us in the WAC, how many games will we win total this year, and also who will be the surprise player for this year to step up and really help our team out?? Just trying to give us something new to talk about!!
    I think that we will be 39-17 going into the WAC tournament. I expect that several players will step up their game this season.I will be surprised if they don't.This is a veteran team coming back this season and they're hungry for post-season play. The surprises will come from the new talent we brought in.......Dullnig,Clements,Stubbs,LeBreton,Anderson ,& Ewing. Ewing is my choice for the top freshman potential in that group.

Champ Beaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud of Beaver-Dog's Avatar

I think the most important thing is how well our pitching has developed. Should be much better with a veteran staff. I'm not worried about hitting. Should be better than last year, even with the loss of Rike and others. If we can get into the late innings with the lead, look for Lorio to snuff out the opponents. Albie could be MVP.

Champ falcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her game falcon's Avatar

Rivals.com is picking us to finish 3rd in the WAC conference behind Fresno & Nevada.....http://collegebaseball.rivals.com/co...asp?CID=752372 They left out Tech players in their pre-season all-conference team also. I think they're in for a big surprise with all our recognition coming in June 2008 when it really matters.

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

The WAC always underestimates us. We split with Fresno in the regular season and I like our chances to get the better of them this year.

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by falcon View Post
    Rivals.com is picking us to finish 3rd in the WAC conference behind Fresno & Nevada.....http://collegebaseball.rivals.com/co...asp?CID=752372 They left out Tech players in their pre-season all-conference team also. I think they're in for a big surprise with all our recognition coming in June 2008 when it really matters.
    They leave them b/c Sim does not let them put any of his players up. he thinks its silly to have a pre-season all conference. Gotta say I agree.
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    They leave them b/c Sim does not let them put any of his players up. he thinks its silly to have a pre-season all conference. Gotta say I agree.
    When did we stop putting players on the preseason ballots? Seems I remember some being on the preseason team in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    When did we stop putting players on the preseason ballots? Seems I remember some being on the preseason team in the past.
    I believe that last season was the first year coach Simoneaux requested this from the WAC.The players that would've been nominated are already on the radar of the mlb scouts,so a pre-season list is no big deal.Three years ago Ben Tabor was on the pre-season all-WAC team and he had a sub-par year,playing only a part time role on the team. Maybe there is a small fear of jinxing a player by nominating him to have an outstanding year before he even steps out onto the field.My hope is that in June, several of our players will be on the list that matters.

+ Reply to Thread