+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Cowboy Roy Williams Thug Move

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Angry Another Cowboy Roy Williams Thug Move

Time and time again this guy risks paralyzing a fellow football player for life. Why is he still allowed to play in the NFL? And why does Jerry Jones still allow him on his team? Why don't his own Cowboy teammates tell him to hit the road...especially T. Owens? Well, I already know the answer to the last two questions.

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/...00010000000001

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: Another Cowboy Roy Williams Thug Move

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Time and time again this guy risks paralyzing a fellow football player for life. Why is he still allowed to play in the NFL? And why does Jerry Jones still allow him on his team? Why don't his own Cowboy teammates tell him to hit the road...especially T. Owens? Well, I already know the answer to the last two questions.

You have some SERIOUS psychological issues about the Dallas Cowboys.

HD

Champ deadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to behold deadawg's Avatar

Paralyzing? You have to be kidding, right? Several players have been paralyzed playing football, but find me one who was parlyzed while being horse collared.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    You have some SERIOUS psychological issues about the Dallas Cowboys.

HD

Just trying to shine a little light to help my fellow Texans that happen to be blind.

What do you think of the re-occuring sever discipline problem (and lack of concern of his fellow NFL brothers) that possesses Roy Williams?

Quote Originally Posted by deadawg View Post
    Paralyzing? You have to be kidding, right? Several players have been paralyzed playing football, but find me one who was parlyzed while being horse collared.
    Keep it up and he will break somebodies back or neck. Surly you can see that as well! Your not that blind of a cowboy fan are you. I don't care if it was a SAINTS player or any other member of any other team. Whoever does this needs to get the boot. Especially after doing this over and over again to his fellow players. And in this case Jerry Jones should have fired him a long time ago.

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Blah blah blah 12-2, first round bye.

You seem to dislike the Cowboys moreso than you love that team that represents the New Orleans metropolitan area.

Champ mildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond repute mildawg's Avatar

Yeah, Williams continues to horse collar people even after being fined repeatedly for it. It's more than likely an unconscious reaction to tackle someone from behind like that, but you'd think he'd learn. What I couldn't believe was that New England defenders used the same horse collar move multiple times yesterday to tackle Jets players, but there was never one penalty called. Same goes for offensive/defensive pass interference and illegal contact. They're either extremely lucky or the refs are looking the other way. I really hope those arrogant asses get beaten. Probably won't happen over the next two regular season games, but maybe a good AFC team with a power running game (Jacksonville) or a somewhat healthy Indianapolis team (unlike their regular season meeting) can take them down in the playoffs.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Just trying to shine a little light to help my fellow Texans that happen to be blind.

What do you think of the re-occuring sever discipline problem (and lack of concern of his fellow NFL brothers) that possesses Roy Williams?

You do know that the "horse collar" tackle is not even illegal in Texas High School football. :icon_wink:

I'm not sure about the NCAA. I think it's rediculous that it's illegal in the NFL. It's not a 'high impact" hit or tackle. It's just an "awkward" tackle. It's certainly not as bad as rolling over on a players knee, which is totally legal.

HD

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Put skirts on 'em!

It's become the National Feminization League.

Most of these NFL wussies wouldn't survive 10 minutes playing sandlot tackle with us, when we were kids.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

The horse collar tackle is legal in the NCAA. The tackle Williams made on McNabb was not very violent. It was a horse collar, though, so it is a penalty. Why he was fined, I have no idea. That seems ridiculous to me.

You do know that the "horse collar" tackle is not even illegal in Texas High School football. :icon_wink:

I'm not sure about the NCAA. I think it's rediculous that it's illegal in the NFL. It's not a 'high impact" hit or tackle. It's just an "awkward" tackle. It's certainly not as bad as rolling over on a players knee, which is totally legal.

HD
    You do know that there's a move to get it banned in both H.S. and the NCAA. Whether it works who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    It was a horse collar, though, so it is a penalty. Why he was fined, I have no idea. That seems ridiculous to me.
    Because Roy Williams lacks discipline and has done this at least 4 times in the last 2 seasons. He just will not stop himself from doing it. Repeat offenders should get more than a slap on the wrist. And the fines don't seem to be getting his attention. You guys just wait and see what happens when some poor guy gets his neck or back broken due to Roy breaking this rule. Besides, I just hate dirty football and players muchless those that risk the health of their fellow players/man.

You do know that there's a move to get it banned in both H.S. and the NCAA. Whether it works who knows.
    I disagree. Not sure where you got your info. There is no "movement" --that I'm aware of-- to ban the horse collar tackle in high school or the NCAA.

By the way, I read this morning that the "horse collar" tackle was legal in the NFL before the 2005 season. It's unofficially called the "Roy Williams Rule" because it was primarlily targeted for him after a series of tackles made specifically by Williams.

Dawg80 is right. Put skirts on 'em. This is nothing more than the pussification of the NFL.

HD

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

I dont see the horse collar any worse than hitting a guy while his legs are wrapped up by another tackler. There are way more knee injuries from that than anything else. The "Roy Williams Rule" is bogus and I can admit that being a Saints fan. I think it is as dumb as the "leading with your helmet" rule, what the hell else are you supposed to lead with? Oh yeh, your shoulder, be sure to cock your head to the side and hit them with your shoulder, I hope you dont break your neck.

One thing I dont understand is that now it is illegal, Roy still cant stop doing it. I think it is a natural habit for him. I dont think he does it maliciously, he just does it without thinking.

I disagree. Not sure where you got your info. There is no "movement" --that I'm aware of-- to ban the horse collar tackle in high school or the NCAA.

By the way, I read this morning that the "horse collar" tackle was legal in the NFL before the 2005 season. It's unofficially called the "Roy Williams Rule" because it was primarlily targeted for him after a series of tackles made specifically by Williams.

Dawg80 is right. Put skirts on 'em. This is nothing more than the pussification of the NFL.

HD
    We shall see. I don't want to hurt the image of football either (and that is really what we are talking about) but if something drastically wrong happens with this type of tackling the image of that will be far worse than the image of the "pussification of the NFL." It's not as simple as barely seeing an ankle or leg break. It will be all out there for the world to see how one man's life and/or many were changed in a undisciplined, careless second. That I promise.

+ Reply to Thread