+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Another Cowboy Roy Williams Thug Move

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Re: Another Cowboy Roy Williams Thug Move

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    You already know I hate the Cowboys of most of Jerry Jones' era. But your wrong about any other player doing this over and over again. I don't care who it is on what team....SUSPEND THEM! Period

What would Tom Landry, being a HC and former DB, have done with Roy Williams???
    Landry would have spoke to him about it quietly, privately, man to man and let the NFL do their thing. Afterwhich Landry wouldn't have said a word about the converstion to the press. If you are insinuating that Landry would have cut him or suspended him on his own I think you are mistaken. Landry was a great man but he wasn't going to suspend his own player on top of an NFL suspension.

I didn't say another player on another team does it over and over again. What I am saying is if Philly was playing Seattle and the SS on Seattle did this to McNabb we wouldn't have heard a peep from you. I don't have a problem with you and Dwayne hating the Cowboys just don't try to hide your motives. This thread was started because you hate the Cowboys.

As far as Williams goes I don't have a problem with the NFL suspending him. I agree with you. He was warned and he did it again. Time for Roy to pay the piper. Now I do take issue with you calling him a thug. I think you want to make him into a thug because that's how you like to see the Cowboys. I know a local pastor that could tell you some very un-thug like things that Roy has done around here. I think like another poster said earlier that he has tackled like this all his life and he goes on instinct and isn't thinking when he plays. He needs to snap out of it and quit doing it though. But I don't think he is maliciously going out there trying to tear ACL's. I think calling him a thug implie that's what he is doing.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    Landry would have spoke to him about it quietly, privately, man to man and let the NFL do their thing. Afterwhich Landry wouldn't have said a word about the converstion to the press. If you are insinuating that Landry would have cut him or suspended him on his own I think you are mistaken. Landry was a great man but he wasn't going to suspend his own player on top of an NFL suspension.

I didn't say another player on another team does it over and over again. What I am saying is if Philly was playing Seattle and the SS on Seattle did this to McNabb we wouldn't have heard a peep from you. I don't have a problem with you and Dwayne hating the Cowboys just don't try to hide your motives. This thread was started because you hate the Cowboys.

As far as Williams goes I don't have a problem with the NFL suspending him. I agree with you. He was warned and he did it again. Time for Roy to pay the piper. Now I do take issue with you calling him a thug. I think you want to make him into a thug because that's how you like to see the Cowboys. I know a local pastor that could tell you some very un-thug like things that Roy has done around here. I think like another poster said earlier that he has tackled like this all his life and he goes on instinct and isn't thinking when he plays. He needs to snap out of it and quit doing it though. But I don't think he is maliciously going out there trying to tear ACL's. I think calling him a thug implie that's what he is doing.
    I think Tom Landry would have approached like to stated the first and maybe the second time. After that Landry would have probably suspended him without needing to be coaxed by the NFL.

Maybe calling him a thug went too far since I don't know him. That said, his continuing to risk another persons health in that illegal manner over and over again makes him borderline thuggy at the very least.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    I'm with ya Ray -

Suspend him more games and trade him to the Saints -

There is a BIG part of me who would rather see the Cowboys lose than the Saints win -

I think the Saints will get em in the Divisional Round and beat em!

In all seriousness - I think the most brutal, flagrant hit was the helmet to helmet one that Hamlin put on the Eagles receiver - that was a vicious hit with a malice intent -
    For you and Ray to be such "Cowboy Haters", you guys sure seem to watch 'em a lot (spelled just for T-mo).

HD

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    a lot (spelled just for T-mo).

HD
    Readers who look up to you as a role model appreciate it.

Now if I can get MD to start using the correct phrase . . . "I could NOT care less.":icon_wink:
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Readers who look up to you as a role model appreciate it.

Now if I can get MD to start using the correct phrase . . . "I could NOT care less.":icon_wink:
    I could care less...but I don't.

I could NOT care less...I still don't.

I'll get my english minor significant other to give me a lesson on caring...or not.

BTW Ray, here are some Cowboy names from the past (before the days of the internet) that may jog your memory of how my idol Tom Landry handled some individuals...

Duan Thomas

Hollywood Henderson

Lance Rentzel

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

For you and Ray to be such "Cowboy Haters", you guys sure seem to watch 'em a lot (spelled just for T-mo).

HD
    That's all they show here in Texas on Sundays and Mondays and Tuesdays..................:bigcry:

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    BTW Ray, here are some Cowboy names from the past (before the days of the internet) that may jog your memory of how my idol Tom Landry handled some individuals...

Duan Thomas

Hollywood Henderson

Lance Rentzel
    Not the same. There was never a Rentzel Rule or Thomas Rule in NFL for potentially hurting other players. Landry would have been appauled. Now there needed to be a Irvin Rule on cocain use.:icon_wink:

Oops.... I need to be quiet it down when Michael, T-Mo and Monty start giving me some smit for my Roy Williams rant.
    Last edited by TYLERTECHSAS; 12-19-2007 at 09:33 AM.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Now there needed to be a Irvin Rule about cocain use.:icon_wink:
    and about kidnapping ho's
    and about attempting to murder your teammate

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

For you to be such "Cowboy Haters", you guys sure seem to watch 'em a lot (spelled just for T-mo).

HD
    Can't see em lose unless I watch em -

''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Can't see em lose unless I watch em -

Than you've had a rough year considering they are 12-2. :icon_wink:

Big Dog Red's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the rough Red's Better's Avatar

Time and time again this guy risks paralyzing a fellow football player for life. Why is he still allowed to play in the NFL? And why does Jerry Jones still allow him on his team? Why don't his own Cowboy teammates tell him to hit the road...especially T. Owens? Well, I already know the answer to the last two questions.

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/...00010000000001

I hate the Cowboys, but you are overreacting. I think the fine is in order, but to suggest kicked out of the league or fired from his team is ridiculous. How many late hits do linebackers put on people running out of bounds that are far more hazardous than a horse collar. Lets remember it is football and these guys are going full speed. Chop blocking and taking out a lineman's knees is what they really need to crack down on. I truly think that there is a conscious decision to make those hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Red's Better View Post
    I hate the Cowboys, but you are overreacting. I think the fine is in order, but to suggest kicked out of the league or fired from his team is ridiculous. How many late hits do linebackers put on people running out of bounds that are far more hazardous than a horse collar. Lets remember it is football and these guys are going full speed. Chop blocking and taking out a lineman's knees is what they really need to crack down on. I truly think that there is a conscious decision to make those hits.
    Is chop blocking legal in college?

Big Dog Red's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the rough Red's Better's Avatar

I am not sure, I think it depends on the play and the angle. Maybe I shouldn't have said chop blocking. I meant when a lineman caves his helment into another players knee. You can usually tell that is intentional.

Quote Originally Posted by Red's Better View Post
    I am not sure, I think it depends on the play and the angle. Maybe I shouldn't have said chop blocking. I meant when a lineman caves his helment into another players knee. You can usually tell that is intentional.
    I know what you meant and I see it way too much with the helmet and shoulder pads. That is a terrible move. Much, much worse than the horse collar IMO.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    Is chop blocking legal in college?

I could be wrong, but I think it is - as long as its behind the line of scrimmage?

I think that's what took Dorsey out during the Auburn/LSU game - a perfectly legal chop block
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

+ Reply to Thread