+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Another Cowboy Roy Williams Thug Move

Big Dog Red's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the rough Red's Better's Avatar

Re: Another Cowboy Roy Williams Thug Move

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    I could be wrong, but I think it is - as long as its behind the line of scrimmage?

I think that's what took Dorsey out during the Auburn/LSU game - a perfectly legal chop block

You must be kidding?????

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by Red's Better View Post
    [/b]

You must be kidding?????
    No -

There was quite a discussion about it on air during the Ark/Lsu game telecast -

It was a VICIOUS chop block that supposedly took Dorsey out -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    Is chop blocking legal in college?
    Chop blocking is legal when its one-on-one.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

The NFL has upheld Williams' one-game suspension for the tackle.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7583954?MSNHPHMA

I believe chop blocking is legal if it's one on one. But, if a player is already engaged with another player and then a second player chops his legs (which is what happened to Dorsey) then it is illegal.

Champ DAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond repute DAWG DUDE's Avatar

The Hamlin hit was okay, he went in to knock the crap out of him. You're supposed to do that.
    He even turned his shoulder on the guy.
    He dropped the ball right? That's what a DB is supposed to do.
    The NFL is becoming way too strict on hitting here and not grabbing this and not strict enough on drug use and off-the field issues.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Just when I was ready to drop it you guys have to stir it up again.
    Who started this thread anyway?

Champ deadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to behold deadawg's Avatar

Williams should be suspended. I am a Cowboys fan, but this is his third offense this year alone. The league even sent him a letter after the second one warning him of a possible suspension for another offense. While I don't think it is as bad as other penalties, it is a rule so he has to learn to follow it.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by DAWG DUDE View Post
    The Hamlin hit was okay, he went in to knock the crap out of him. You're supposed to do that.
    He even turned his shoulder on the guy.
    He dropped the ball right? That's what a DB is supposed to do.
    The NFL is becoming way too strict on hitting here and not grabbing this and not strict enough on drug use and off-the field issues.

He led with his helmet and made helmet to helmet contact on an unprotected wr - he should have been flagged and fined -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by deadawg View Post
    Williams should be suspended. I am a Cowboys fan, but this is his third offense this year alone. The league even sent him a letter after the second one warning him of a possible suspension for another offense. While I don't think it is as bad as other penalties, it is a rule so he has to learn to follow it.
    Thank you for being one of the token non-blind, honest Cowboy fans on BB&B. I agree and so does TO (T. Owens ) in an interview for sports TV tonight. He mentioned how dangerous Roy William's horsecollar tackles are and that he wants to see him stop it now. He talked about the seriousness of what happened to him by the tackle of Williams a few years back. I must admit that T.O. shocked me with his comments as he talked down about Roy. He wasn't too proud of him that's for sure as he wasn't much short of calling that type of hit a thug like action by Williams. GOOD FOR T.O. for speaking out against Roy Williams! Take that all of you guys that gave me smit for my post.

Champ DAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond repute DAWG DUDE's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    He led with his helmet and made helmet to helmet contact on an unprotected wr - he should have been flagged and fined -
    Looked to me that he turned his back at the last second.
    I agree that the WR was defenseless.
    He wasn't flagged and fined, so I am not going to argue anymore

Quote Originally Posted by DAWG DUDE View Post
    Looked to me that he turned his back at the last second.
    I agree that the WR was defenseless.
    He wasn't flagged and fined, so I am not going to argue anymore
    It probably ain't over yet.

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    It probably ain't over yet.
    True dat.

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

TT, I can't help but notice that you haven't started a thread about Kenyatta Walker who has four facemasking penalties (all 15 yarders), a flag for illegal hands to the face, an unnecessary roughness, and some parts to a Mustang GT. This leads me to believe that you don't think these things about Roy because you feel that dangerous players should be punished, but that you feel that Dallas Cowboys should be punished.

The NFL should follow its policies. If it doesn't have a suspension policy for this tackle, it shouldn't suspend players for this tackle. If it does, then the suspension is fair game.

If you had started a thread or expressed an opinion that the NFL should have a policy to suspend players for excessive dangerous penalties, I would have agreed with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Abominable Gorilla View Post
    If you had started a thread or expressed an opinion that the NFL should have a policy to suspend players for excessive dangerous penalties, I would have agreed with you.
    Add the word repetitive and/or repeat offenders and I could agree with that one.

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

That's what I meant by "excessive" and on this I think we agree.

+ Reply to Thread