View Poll Results: Will the Saints make the playoffs?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - Vikings lose another game and Saints win out

13 24.07%
  • Yes - Giants drop two straight and Saints win out

13 24.07%
  • No - Saints win out but so do the Vikings and Giants

5 9.26%
  • No - Saints lose to Philly

16 29.63%
  • No - Saints lose to da Bears

7 12.96%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Who Dat?

Hybrid View

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

Poll Who Dat?

So the question is will the Saints overcome starting 0-4 and blowing the game with Tampa Bay to clinch the wild card spot in the NFC?

Also, I'm not sure one the poll options is valid. If the Giants drop two straight and end up at 9 - 7 along with the Saints, I don't know who would get the nod in the case of the tie. I guess it would have to do with either their divisional records or conference records.

Champ playdablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of light playdablues's Avatar

Football Re: Who Dat?

Quote Originally Posted by THEarmada View Post
    Also, I'm not sure one the poll options is valid. If the Giants drop two straight and end up at 9 - 7 along with the Saints, I don't know who would get the nod in the case of the tie. I guess it would have to do with either their divisional records or conference records.
    I think the tie-breaker is conference records. Currently, the Giants have a 7-5 mark in NFC games w/ two AFC opponents left. If the Saints win out, their NFC mark will be 8-4.

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

Re: Who Dat?

If the saints lose to the bears team I saw last night I'm gonna lose it. Now if the saints lose to the weather in Chicago, that'll be another story.

Big Dog jlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the rough jlam's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by playdablues View Post
    I think the tie-breaker is conference records. Currently, the Giants have a 7-5 mark in NFC games w/ two AFC opponents left. If the Saints win out, their NFC mark will be 8-4.
    Yes, and for the record, the Saints also hold this same tiebreaker over any other NFC teams that may potentially finish with the same record as them, including Washington and Minnesota (assuming the teams were to be tied at 9-7 overall).

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jlam View Post
    Yes, and for the record, the Saints also hold this same tiebreaker over any other NFC teams that may potentially finish with the same record as them, including Washington and Minnesota (assuming the teams were to be tied at 9-7 overall).
    Sure do, and I think the Saints have a good chance if they can win out. I think Minnesota can easily lose to either one of their remaining opponents. If the Giants dont beat Buffalo, they will definately lose to the Patriots. I see the Buffalo game as a playoff game for the Giants, they need to win or they wont get in, IMO.

Big Dog jlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the rough jlam's Avatar

From the N.E. potentially going undefeated thread:

Quote Originally Posted by jlam View Post
    I will say, however, that I expect the Giants to be playing for something come Week 17. They may be in the driver's seat for the Wild Card for now, but the traditional second half spiral has begun. They usually struggle this time of year, so I doubt they'll be resting their starters when they play the Pats.
    Guess where my vote went? :icon_wink:

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar

I think the tiebreaker is record in the division before record in the conference. I think the Saints get in but I have homer points involved in my guess. My favorite AFC team is a shoe in -- Go Patriots

Champ playdablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of light playdablues's Avatar

Football Re: Who Dat?

Quote Originally Posted by weunice View Post
    I think the tiebreaker is record in the division before record in the conference.
    TO BREAK A TIE FOR THE WILD-CARD TEAM
    If it is necessary to break ties to determine the two Wild-Card clubs from each conference, the following steps will be taken:

1. If the tied clubs are from the same division, apply division tie breaker.
    2. If the tied clubs are from different divisions, apply the following steps.

Two Clubs
    1. Head-to-head, if applicable.
    2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
    3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.
    4. Strength of victory.
    5. Strength of schedule.
    6. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
    7. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
    8. Best net points in conference games.
    9. Best net points in all games.
    10. Best net touchdowns in all games.
    11. Coin toss.

http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by playdablues View Post
    Two Clubs
    1. Head-to-head, if applicable.
    2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
    3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.
    4. Strength of victory.
    5. Strength of schedule.
    6. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
    7. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
    8. Best net points in conference games.
    9. Best net points in all games.
    10. Best net touchdowns in all games.
    11. Coin toss.

http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures
    1. Saints played neither team. (Minnesota beat NYG)
    2. Saints (6-4) 2 left, Vikings (6-5) 1 left, Giants (7-5) done in conference
    3. Saints & Giants vs. common opponents ~ Saints 3-0 (2 remain)/ Giants 5-0 (Saints win out, this is a tie)
    Saints & Minnatoada vs common opponents ~ Saints 3-0 (2 remain) / Vikings 4-1 (Saints win out, they win this tie)
    G-men & Vikings vs common opponents ~ Giants 7-4 > Vikings 5-5 (1 remain) (Doesn't matter, Giants have this one)

No need to go any farther. I don't see any possible scenario to go to the 4th tiebreaker

Champ Tdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the rough Tdawg87's Avatar

Everyone knows what is gonna happen..the Saints will make the playoffs, get hot and go all the way to the Super Bowl and guess who they will play.....the undefeated Patriots..That would be the Saints luck...Even when they get good, they still have the worst luck. Now, doesn't that sound like a true saints fan..lol...there's always next year!

Quote Originally Posted by Tdawg87 View Post
    Everyone knows what is gonna happen..the Saints will make the playoffs, get hot and go all the way to the Super Bowl and guess who they will play.....the undefeated Patriots..That would be the Saints luck...Even when they get good, they still have the worst luck. Now, doesn't that sound like a true saints fan..lol...there's always next year!
    Well, that's not exactly what I would call bad luck. I mean, holy crap, this is the Saints we're talking about here. The team that's never even been to a Super Bowl - a feat that only 5 other teams can claim (with 2 of them having been in existence for less than 15 years). Having never been, it's pretty tough to come up with a scenario involving both the Saints and the Super Bowl that paints a negative picture for me.

I'll take what I can get, even if it ultimately means being a footnote on N.E.'s undefeated season.

Well hopefully the Sunday night game tonight (Redskins vs. Vikings) actually means something. Geaux Saints!

Well that sucked. Here's to drafting defense early and a healthy team next year.

+ Reply to Thread