+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Your INPUT is being sought -

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Your INPUT is being sought -

On the future direction of marketing of our beloved university - if you are an INSIDE DAWG you will be getting an email directing you to this thread -

Please take time and answer the questions in the attached email - either here on the site or via email - to Adam McGuirt and Eric Buskirk -

Here it is -

As many of you know, Louisiana Tech Athletics is currently working on establishing a new bulldog and word mark to be used by athletics only. During the first meeting to discuss the logos and concepts, several questions arose. We need your help, as fans and supporters, to give us some feedback on a few ideas. Please answer the questions honestly and give direct answers. I sincerely appreciate all of you taking the time to read this and assist in the effort of identifying a consistent brand among Louisiana Tech Athletics.
    1. Do you like the use of La Tech when referring to the athletic teams?
    2. Why do you like/dislike the words La Tech?
    3. What do you feel is the significance of the national media using La Tech and we still only refer to us as Louisiana Tech?
    4. Why would we not adopt the use of La Tech in addition to Louisiana Tech? Would the fan base ever embrace La Tech?

Please let us hear what you have to say. If the use of La Tech is adopted, it will never replace Louisiana Tech and would only be an additional word mark. The institution will always be Louisiana Tech University, of which all of us are proud to be a part. Thanks again for participating in this effort to further Louisiana Tech Athletics and for your constant support. If you would like to email your response instead of posting on this thread, please send it to adam@latechalumni.org.

Sincerely,

Adam McGuirt and Eric Buskirk
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Re: Your INPUT is being sought -

I know we have had this discusion on here before and I know some of ya'll don't like LA TECH being used -

Personally - I like it

First during national broadcast outside of the state - it is much easier to say than Louisiana Tech -

Second on the monitor - it looks better than LTU

Third it has a NICE ring to it

Fourth - ALOT of us use it already

I see NO downside in using it -

Especially INSTATE -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

I agree everything Dwayne said, I'm for it. We need a shorten unique name, "La Tech" is it.

LTU doesn't roll off the tongue very well.
    Last edited by qng001; 12-19-2007 at 09:41 AM.

Administrator AustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to behold AustinDawg's Avatar

Doesn't bother me.

1. It is unique, and can't be confused with another school.

2. People are going to call us that regardless, so think about how ridiculous the ULL'ers look when they jump up and down to demand people call them something else.

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar

Lah tee dah LATech. I don't like the way it sounds but its no worse than GATech (Guh!-Tech) or VATech (Vah-Tech) ...

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

I agree with Dwayne on this one.

I also want to say I especially hate LTU. NO ONE in America that isn't already familiar with our school will know what that means. I agree with QNG it doesn't sound right and I am hoping if we accept La. Tech as a university that when we are televised they will put that on the screen instead of LTU when they flash scores.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Being here less than 5 months Buskirk has been on top of his game, I'm please with his work. He's easy to talk to and "listens" to the fans.

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

if we didnt like latech,

we shouldnt use it so much:

latech.edu

latechsports.com

latechalumni.org

I think it is fine and if thats how people recognize us, at least they recognize us.

Champ 9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough 9701Dawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by weunice View Post
    Lah tee dah LATech. I don't like the way it sounds but its no worse than GATech (Guh!-Tech) or VATech (Vah-Tech) ...
    I agree, but if Tech chooses to go with LaTech, I'll go along with it.

Champ 9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough 9701Dawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    I agree with Dwayne on this one.

I also want to say I especially hate LTU. NO ONE in America that isn't already familiar with our school will know what that means. I agree with QNG it doesn't sound right and I am hoping if we accept La. Tech as a university that when we are televised they will put that on the screen instead of LTU when they flash scores.
    I've never understood why we don't use LT instead of LTU.

LT > LTU.

Champ mildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond repute mildawg's Avatar

Doesn't bother me as much as "Techsters." You occasionally hear Virginia Tech referred to as "VA Tech," so as far as I'm concerned LA Tech is OK.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mildawg View Post
    Doesn't bother me as much as "Techsters." You occasionally hear Virginia Tech referred to as "VA Tech," so as far as I'm concerned LA Tech is OK.
    I agree. Can't stand "Techsters" Sounds extremely cheesey. Plus I have heard the mens teams mistakenly called that way too many times.

Puppy stephch2 has turned a few heads around herestephch2 has turned a few heads around here stephch2's Avatar

LaTech is fine with me. The use of it over LTU makes perfect sense. I say go for it!

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

GaTech, VaTech LaTech all sound silly and when announcers say them it sometimes is hard to tell which they have said. Web site names and such may be nice when shortened. It hurts my hands to type at all. And errors occur when anyone types in a long name.

But using LaTech in a news release or on a jersey or in our own conversations or on a sign is just plain wrong. I would like to encourage people to pronounce Louisiana and spell it correctly. LTU are the initials of the actual name. I was happy with LPI when those letters represented the actual name. Louisiana Tech is no big burden to say or write when referring to our alma mater.

Please don't use it in recruiting, fund-raising or any publication sent out from the university.

It still sounds like a derisive short-hand, knick-name, a lazy reference to something of insignificance.

It lacks dignity.

DeWayne: Do you remember my once bringing up the pluralization of the noun "revenue." I think you said it was just the easy way to say "types of revenue or sources of revenue." And I think I said something to the effect that nouns of mass or bulk or whatever do not mean anything different when an S is added. No matter how much revenue one collects, he still has only revenue not revenues. No matter how much money someone collects and how he allots the money, he still only has money not monies. Trying to create a plural word for something that already consists of multiple parts is just wrong. People who feel sorrow don't experience "sorrows" except in poetry or song for the sake of rhyme but not in standard use.
    Something is just plain wrong about LATech or LaTech. If the A is capitalized, it can be confused with some night school in Los Angeles. I take pride in pronouncing Louisiana cleanly and fully. I may say Missippi in derision, as in "Missippi Suthen."
    Let's continue to insist on Louisiana Tech as the proper reference in all uses possible. Our "PR folk" should be strong in this effort!

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

I'm guessing Eric & Adam will be looking at this thread for feedback?

In response to the questions:
    1. Do you like the use of La Tech when referring to the athletic teams?
    Yes, but I like "Lah" Tech not L A Tech.
    1. Why do you like/dislike the words La Tech?
    Easy to say quickly and easily identifiable
    1. What do you feel is the significance of the national media using La Tech and we still only refer to us as Louisiana Tech?
    Could lead to some confusion among casual fans.
    1. Why would we not adopt the use of La Tech in addition to Louisiana Tech? Would the fan base ever embrace La Tech?
    I see no reason why not to adopt in La Tech in addition to Louisiana Tech, I think much of the fan base has embraced it's use, there are the few that do not and will never agree but over 85% probably already use it.

+ Reply to Thread