+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Your INPUT is being sought -

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Re: Your INPUT is being sought -

Quote Originally Posted by weunice View Post
    Lah tee dah LATech. I don't like the way it sounds but its no worse than GATech (Guh!-Tech) or VATech (Vah-Tech) ...
    I thought GA Tech was pronounced "Gay" Tech.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

2005 NFL Survivor Contest Champion RXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of light RXDAWG's Avatar

I've got no problem with it. If it helps us market better, I say go for it!!!

Champ TulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her game TulsaDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TulsaPup View Post
    I don't mind people saying LaTech much, but I would not like to see it used as an official wordmark by the Athletic Dept or University. I think it's good for announcers to use, it is short and unique like people have said, but as an official wordmark I think it would be better to stick with "Louisiana Tech" or just "Tech" - it looks more distinguished and official, LaTech kind of looks cheezy in print, I think.
    I agree. I don't like it written La Tech.
    Go Tech!

Champ BuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant future BuzDawg73's Avatar

I really dislike being called Lah Tech. I like Louisiana Tech or LT on the screen. Actually, I prefer being called Tech. I think in the state of Louisiana we should own that name. When I was in school, when somebody said Tech, everybody (in state) knew it meant Louisiana Tech. I would prefer that announcers simply refer to us as Tech during a game. I would prefer the scoreboards read Tech during the game. Tech, Tech, Tech! Here in Kansas I always say I went to Tech. When they ask me which Tech I always look at them with shock and say "Louisiana Tech, of course." Well, not really all the time, but I do it on occasion when I am feeling Techy.

Big Dog DrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to all

I don't mind the use of LaTech as a substitution for Louisiana Tech when it is used in play-by-play type of situations and when it is used as an abbreviation on score boards (instead of LTU).

However, I don't like seeing "LaTech" as a word mark or in printed material. I see no need to abbreviate Louisiana Tech or Louisiana Tech University when you have the time and space to spell it out. When LaTech is written out it looks like the name of a French dance club to me for some reason.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

In a play-by-play situation that doesn't concern LTU playing VTU, GTU, or TTU, they should just call us "Tech"...it's shorter than LaTech
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ TulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her game TulsaDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    In a play-by-play situation that doesn't concern LTU playing VTU, GTU, or TTU, they should just call us "Tech"...it's shorter than LaTech
    Yes!!! I never understood why announcers have to say anything but "Tech"!!!
    Forget "La-wee-zee-an-a Tech" or "Lah Tech" and just say "TECH"!!!!
    Go Tech!

Champ 9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough 9701Dawg's Avatar

http://www.hokiesports.com/rothrepor...051010aaa.html

"Bill-
    Myself and many members of our Hokie Family have been noticing that an increasing number of sportscasters are referring to Virginia Tech as "Vah Tech," particularly on ESPN. In our media guide, it specifically says that the term "Vah Tech" is not to be used. When referring to our school, we are to be called VIRGINIA Tech.

A few weeks ago on Monday Night Football, I was shocked when our own Michael Vick stated that he was from "Vah Tech." Is this torture ever going to end? What can we do to keep this from happening or does the Hokie Nation need to come to grips with being "Vah Tech?" Please tell me something can be done! Whatever it is that we are doing now is not working! Daniel, Blacksburg

I've noticed more and more commentators from ESPN, ABC, etc. using the term VA TECH (VAH-TECH). I really don't like it, and neither do most people I talk to. Our school's name is VIRGINIA TECH (I'll settle for plain old TECH). You never hear anyone say GA TECH or LA TECH - that just sounds dumb. How did we get stuck with it? What are the administration's feelings on this? Is there anything the school can do to get rid of this slang? Dave, Baltimore."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...owl/index.html

It seems like just when Virginia Tech gets the respect that it worked so hard to earn, every sportswriter in America forgets our name, calling it "Va. Tech." I mean, seriously, you would get laughed out of Atlanta for saying GAH Tech. Please help.
    -- Matt, Simpsonville, S.C.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

I have never once since my freshman year in 1990 heard anyone use La. Tech in negative way or heard anyone refer to it in a feminine way. Not once. I'm not disputing those that say they have just saying I haven't heard it that wasy ......ever.

When my friends talk about where I went to school they all say La. Tech. #1 Because Louisiana is too long to say. Announcers will often want to abbreviate. LT sounds to much like Lawrence Taylor or Ladanian Tomlison. It sounds like a persons initials not a schools. Although I have no problem seeing LT written on a screen showing a score, I just don't like it being said. #2 Because I live in Texas as do MANY, MANY Tech alumns and in this state if you say Tech no one asks Which Tech? They automatically assume Texas Tech.

My basic point is people are going to abbreviate it there is nothing we can do about it. So now let's make sure when they do abbreviate it they do it the way we as a university want them to. In Louisiana I like Tech. Out of Louisiana I like La. Tech. This is for broadcasts. If it were a commercial I would want the full Louisiana Tech.

By the way Eric and Adam: You are doing a good job. Keep fighting and keep up the good work.

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

LA Tech is fine.

Big Dog DrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to all

Upon further review, I am not so sure I am ok with LaTech even in play-by-play. Why can't we be The Bulldogs? (and Techsters)? Is there really any reason to say LaTech?

I do still prefer "LaTech" over LTU on scoreboards.

P.S. I do like the use of just "Tech" as mentioned above.

Champ 9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough 9701Dawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    I have never once since my freshman year in 1990 heard anyone use La. Tech in negative way or heard anyone refer to it in a feminine way. Not once. I'm not disputing those that say they have just saying I haven't heard it that wasy ......ever.

When my friends talk about where I went to school they all say La. Tech. #1 Because Louisiana is too long to say. Announcers will often want to abbreviate. LT sounds to much like Lawrence Taylor or Ladanian Tomlison. It sounds like a persons initials not a schools. Although I have no problem seeing LT written on a screen showing a score, I just don't like it being said. #2 Because I live in Texas as do MANY, MANY Tech alumns and in this state if you say Tech no one asks Which Tech? They automatically assume Texas Tech.

My basic point is people are going to abbreviate it there is nothing we can do about it. So now let's make sure when they do abbreviate it they do it the way we as a university want them to. In Louisiana I like Tech. Out of Louisiana I like La. Tech. This is for broadcasts. If it were a commercial I would want the full Louisiana Tech.

By the way Eric and Adam: You are doing a good job. Keep fighting and keep up the good work.
    LT, instead of La Tech, should be used on apparel, etc. I was suggesting LT for visual pourposes only, much like GT for georgia tech and VT for virginia tech. I agree that "el tee" does not sound good.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 9701Dawg View Post
    LT, instead of La Tech, should be used on apparel, etc. I was suggesting LT for visual pourposes only, much like GT for georgia tech and VT for virginia tech. I agree that "el tee" does not sound good.
    I don't have a probem with that at all.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by 9701Dawg View Post

I strongly dislike LT - we don't use it, tried it once in the early 90's with a Big T and little "L" and it didn't catch on then -

I think our VISUAL image is the state and block T much like Ga Tech and Va Tech's visual images are the GT and the VT -

Between the State and Block T, a STANDARDIZED mascot logo and LATECH and LOUISIANA TECH we don't need anything else -

The age old KISS system applies here very well -

KEEP
    IT
    SIMPLE
    STUPID
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

I remember correcting many a TV announcer - "it's not lah TECH, you idiot, it's Louisiana TECH". I still don't like hearing lah TECH but I can handle it better now than I could a few years ago. I won't shoot your dog or key your car if you call it lah TECH but I sure would feel like it. Clearly, my vote is 'no' to lah TECH - we are Louisiana TECH.

OK, I'm a hardhead on this issue but I will support whatever decision is made. I won't like it but I will accept it. Just don't expect to hear me say lah TECH anytime soon.

+ Reply to Thread