+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What's worse???

Champ bulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the rough bulldog_in_baton_rouge's Avatar

What's worse???

Struggling all season and stinking up the field like we did or going undefeated and having your unrealistic expectations smashed into oblivion in front of a national audience? Yet another reason we need a play off system.
    Last edited by bulldog_in_baton_rouge; 01-02-2008 at 10:26 AM.

Champ Tdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the rough Tdawg87's Avatar

Re: What's worse???

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog_in_baton_rouge View Post
    Struggling all season and stinking up the field like we did or going undefeated and having your unrealistic expectations smashed into oblivion in front of a national audience? Yet another reason we need a play off system.
    I'd like Tech to go undefeated and go to a BCS bowl game or ANY bowl for that matter. I think most of us here would take what Hawaii did this year. Not sure about last night though. The old saying the cream always rises rang true last night and a playoff system would have proven that too, just like the Sugar Bowl did. I never thought the game would be that close. Georgia and USC are probably playing the best football over the past month than any other teams in the country.

Given a playoff system, Hawaii would have gotten blown out by most (not all) of the teams that would have made it into a playoff this year, given it were an 8 or 16 team playoff. Why?.....no offensive line or defensive line and that is where games are won and lost. Most of the teams that won and a few that lost (like Florida) yesterday, would have had no problem beating Hawaii. They may have matched up well against Kansas, who might just get blown out in there bowl game tomorrow night. Again, the cream always rises.

Big Dog Lone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of light Lone Star Dawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog_in_baton_rouge View Post
    I kind of felt that way the year we got wrecked by USC in the last game of the season after finally getting ranked in the top 25. That one hurt. :bigcry:

Official Unofficial BB&B Pollster TennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her game TennesseeDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star Dawg View Post
    I kind of felt that way the year we got wrecked by USC in the last game of the season after finally getting ranked in the top 25. That one hurt. :bigcry:
    I was at that game in '99.. the feeling I had while I sat on the sideline against Alabama that year was the complete opposite feeling I had against SC:bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:

Champ bulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the rough bulldog_in_baton_rouge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star Dawg View Post
    I remember that like it was yesterday. That was terrible.

Big Dog Lone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of light Lone Star Dawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TennesseeDawg View Post
    I was at that game in '99.. the feeling I had while I sat on the sideline against Alabama that year was the complete opposite feeling I had against SC:bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:
    Yeah, it took a long time and more than a few beers to get me over that one.

+ Reply to Thread