+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: jumbotron

Champ brtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond repute brtransplant's Avatar

Frown jumbotron

What is it going to take for us to get a jumbotron? If high schools have them, then you can't tell me that we can't. Who at Louisiana Tech is preventing this from happening? Everybody is used to seeing instant replay at games. We need to raise the money and DO IT! How much does one of the damn things cost? Who at Tech can tell the alumni what it will take to get one NOW! I am sick and tired of hearing about all of the wonderful things that are GOING to happen at Tech! This is something that we need to do right now. Either that, or we need to quit kidding ourselves that anything is ever going to change around here. I am positive that Tech's alumni would finance this in full if we were given a $ amount that would insure that it would happen.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Re: jumbotron

Quote Originally Posted by brtransplant View Post
    What is it going to take for us to get a jumbotron?
    A new administration....

Varsity Bulldog BrettStah42 has turned a few heads around hereBrettStah42 has turned a few heads around hereBrettStah42 has turned a few heads around here

I'm not a Jumbotron expert, but when the stadiums that already have Jumbotrons renovate and get larger Jumbotrons, do the old ones just get thrown away, or are they sold to smaller stadiums?

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

I think it's on the way, if you look hard enough you can see the patterns, I've also talked to admin (not Joakes) that are pushing this and getting a hand me down jumbo is not acceptable they want only the best and one of the biggest.

Champ GrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by BrettStah42 View Post
    I'm not a Jumbotron expert, but when the stadiums that already have Jumbotrons renovate and get larger Jumbotrons, do the old ones just get thrown away, or are they sold to smaller stadiums?
    when Iowa upgraded their Jumbotron last year (or 2 years ago), they put their old one up on e-bay (i'm serious).

Big Dog TechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her game TechSupporter11's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GrassyNoleHitman View Post
    when Iowa upgraded their Jumbotron last year (or 2 years ago), they put their old one up on e-bay (i'm serious).
    Wonder how much the shipping cost was on that...

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GermDawg View Post
    I think it's on the way, if you look hard enough you can see the patterns, I've also talked to admin (not Joakes) that are pushing this and getting a hand me down jumbo is not acceptable they want only the best and one of the biggest.

At a minimum, this is the smallest we should accept:

I would rather have this one like this (of course):

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

I think we should have run a "Pixel per person" advertisement campaign. The idea would be that the size of our 2009 jumbotron will depend on the sum of all home game attendance for 2008 (or some multiple thereof). We can project what the approximate per pixel cost of a jumbotron is (I know it won't be exactly scalar...) and put a surcharge on each ticket which can be earmarked for the video board.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    I think we should have run a "Pixel per person" advertisement campaign. The idea would be that the size of our 2009 jumbotron will depend on the sum of all home game attendance for 2008 (or some multiple thereof). We can project what the approximate per pixel cost of a jumbotron is (I know it won't be exactly scalar...) and put a surcharge on each ticket which can be earmarked for the video board.
    So much for High Def.:icon_wink:
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brtransplant View Post
    What is it going to take for us to get a jumbotron? If high schools have them, then you can't tell me that we can't. Who at Louisiana Tech is preventing this from happening? Everybody is used to seeing instant replay at games. We need to raise the money and DO IT! How much does one of the damn things cost? Who at Tech can tell the alumni what it will take to get one NOW! I am sick and tired of hearing about all of the wonderful things that are GOING to happen at Tech! This is something that we need to do right now. Either that, or we need to quit kidding ourselves that anything is ever going to change around here. I am positive that Tech's alumni would finance this in full if we were given a $ amount that would insure that it would happen.

Go back and read some of the threads on this subject. An entire package was presented to JO by some BB&Bers that would not cost the university anything, complete with sponsors. He said thanks but no thanks.

Champ bulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the rough bulldog_in_baton_rouge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BrettStah42 View Post
    They get auctioned off. I have one in my living room.

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

I honestly think we're close. I had posted on one of the Tech 2020 threads that I was surprised to see the athletic department say that the video board was a vital upgrade. (Video board is the generic term for Jumbotron right...) Specifically, Southeastern LA fans (me included) had been told by the media that a video board could be installed as early as next season. I would think that a FCS team in south LA having a video board and a ROAD in south LA having 4 video boards is creating a lot of pressure to have one installed.

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

I think we should redo the staidum first. Put a brick casing around it or something.

Champ rangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by touchdown123 View Post
    I think we should redo the staidum first. Put a brick casing around it or something.
    Good idea, but the video board will come first. It will enhance the game day experience. Brick facade looks good, but does not enhance the game.

Champ theinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her game

Of course I get grief when I give you guys whatever info I have on this subject but....

I received an email from folks at Tech in mid november asking for help with a presentation that Daktronics was doing for Tech. The request was for two minutes of finished highlights in a certain file type (.mov) and any video of other athletics we have in that format.

Daktrnonics was preparing a presentation for Tech to see but needed this as part of their preparation.

I have no info as to what happened after that...

To back this up for the naysayers...The actual person who contacted me was Jenna Stuppy in external affairs.

+ Reply to Thread