+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Budke's Cowgirls

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Re: Budke's Cowgirls

OBTW - Those overranked Cowgirls just beat #16 Texas A&M ( @ A&M ). Imagine what KB could do if he DIDN'T use JUCO'S!!!!!

OK, now MAYBE I'll ease up on attacking the "it's ALL KB's fault" fans!!

MG

Bulldog D_dubb has turned a few heads around hereD_dubb has turned a few heads around here D_dubb's Avatar

Close games come down to great coaching and players having poise.

Puppy ERD is on the way downERD is on the way down

Wow still alot of Budke hate going on
    I would think at this point people should/would move on and try to get another coach. Budke is at a better school and better conference period...What coach would not leave the SouthLand conference for the Big 12 in any sport?
    It's not even a good conversation to argue........
    Fact of the Matter is Chris Long is not the answer....I don't care how nice he is or how devoted he is to the program......
    Long got into to college due to riding the tails of a top prospect...
    This makes him a good coach?
    In defense of the head coaching position at La Tech:
    Mr Leon needs to keep his nose out of the program and let the coaches hire a staff instead of ordering or pushing the head coach into who his assistants will be..(see Budke and Longs staff)....
    If you fire Long and let others (The Legend) dictate who they will work with and trust...the program is gonna go down even further....
    Coaching legends are nice to see at halftime, but at some point they gotta let go of the power and control

Champ LT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the rough

I agree with what you say about Coach Long, but you should get your facts straight. Budke left the WAC not the Southland (though I have to admit the WAC isn't that much better than the Southland). I suspect Coach Barmore regrets recommending Coach Long at this point. Even FJ was quoted in the local press as being happy with the hiring of Long back when he was hired. I doubt he's happy with that move now.
    ________
    Prilosec settlement news
    Last edited by LT; 05-05-2011 at 01:10 AM.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ERD View Post
    Wow still alot of Budke hate going on
    I would think at this point people should/would move on and try to get another coach. Budke is at a better school and better conference period...What coach would not leave the SouthLand conference for the Big 12 in any sport?
    It's not even a good conversation to argue........
    Fact of the Matter is Chris Long is not the answer....I don't care how nice he is or how devoted he is to the program......
    Long got into to college due to riding the tails of a top prospect...
    This makes him a good coach?
    In defense of the head coaching position at La Tech:
    Mr Leon needs to keep his nose out of the program and let the coaches hire a staff instead of ordering or pushing the head coach into who his assistants will be..(see Budke and Longs staff)....
    If you fire Long and let others (The Legend) dictate who they will work with and trust...the program is gonna go down even further....
    Coaching legends are nice to see at halftime, but at some point they gotta let go of the power and control
    Good thing you've gotten over the life and times of "Mr. Leon" . . . if you even know who he is.
    It's always been Coach Barmore, goober/gooberette.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

That is just a flamer. Definitely not a Tech fan, if he/she thinks Tech is in the Southland. No use responding to trash like this.

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

Personally, I thought the "southland" reference was sarcasm, tongue in cheek, poking fun at the WAC, which at least in wbb, is not too far off the mark.

The poster may be attempting to push buttons with the Mr. Leon reference, but the opinion doesn't mean he/she isn't a Tech fan. I don't agree with some of what was said, but I also think one can be a Tech fan and be very alienated from the program right now and disgusted with what seems to be a willingness to settle for mediocrity.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by fanfromafar View Post
    Personally, I thought the "southland" reference was sarcasm, tongue in cheek, poking fun at the WAC, which at least in wbb, is not too far off the mark.

The poster may be attempting to push buttons with the Mr. Leon reference, but the opinion doesn't mean he/she isn't a Tech fan. I don't agree with some of what was said, but I also think one can be a Tech fan and be very alienated from the program right now and disgusted with what seems to be a willingness to settle for mediocrity.
    The information posted by this person makes it obvious that it is not a Tech fan. Believe what you will. Doesn't matter if they "were" a Tech fan or not, they obviously are not right now. It was a flame.

Also, I don't know ANYONE that is "settling for mediocracy". We all want things to improve and a return for the Lady Techsters. Just because someone doesn't blast the coach on a public forum, does NOT mean that they are settling for mediocracy.

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    The information posted by this person makes it obvious that it is not a Tech fan. Believe what you will. Doesn't matter if they "were" a Tech fan or not, they obviously are not right now. It was a flame.

Also, I don't know ANYONE that is "settling for mediocracy". We all want things to improve and a return for the Lady Techsters. Just because someone doesn't blast the coach on a public forum, does NOT mean that they are settling for mediocracy.
    I was referring to the university leadership, not fans, and not you.

Just because someone is disgusted with the coach, lack of leadership, and has an opinion that is contrary to the masses or "true fans" does not necessarily mean they are NOT a fan. That was my point. Obviously I did not make it well, and that is the reason for your response.

Finally, go back and read some of the posts on this board. Although you may not KNOW anyone who is settling, there are several on here who have suggested that we cut funding to this program, that we "wake up" and realize the glory days are over, and that the focus should now be on football. So yes, there are people on this board who are fans who are willing to settle for mediocracy. You are not one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by fanfromafar View Post
    I was referring to the university leadership, not fans, and not you.

Just because someone is disgusted with the coach, lack of leadership, and has an opinion that is contrary to the masses or "true fans" does not necessarily mean they are NOT a fan. That was my point. Obviously I did not make it well, and that is the reason for your response.

Finally, go back and read some of the posts on this board. Although you may not KNOW anyone who is settling, there are several on here who have suggested that we cut funding to this program, that we "wake up" and realize the glory days are over, and that the focus should now be on football. So yes, there are people on this board who are fans who are willing to settle for mediocracy. You are not one of them.
    Those people have always been on the board. It is nothing new. Go back and read some posts from the last year we were in the S16. They were just waiting for this opportunity to really pour it on.

I think our definitions may differ somewhat on what a true fan is. I see a true fan as someone that cheers on the team even in down times. A true fan can get angry and can not agree with the decisions being made, but will always be there. Anything else is a fair weather fan. You are a true fan. You may get angry, but you still cheer on the team and want them to return to glory.

By the way, if I thought everyone on here that disagreed with me was not a true fan, there wouldn't be many left. There are a lot of people that disagree with me on a lot of things on this message board. I can tell a flame from a disagreement, though.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    By the way, if I thought everyone on here that disagreed with me was not a true fan, there wouldn't be many left. There are a lot of people that disagree with me on a lot of things on this message board. I can tell a flame from a disagreement, though.
    dittoes
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Puppy ERD is on the way downERD is on the way down

I really don't care if you think I'm a fan or not.
    I do know that the name La Tech used to mean something in Women's Basketball and now? ULM has a better record and I wouldn't be surprised if they can beat us.
    That tells me something is wrong....ULM was a 30 point win not very long ago..
    Yes the Southland Conference reference was sarcasm.....glad some of you got it...
    Mr Leon is not the coach anymore....it's time to move on....you can keep calling him Coach all you want, it makes no difference to me..
    I do know that if you want to find Mr. Leon at halftime he will be in the players lounge eating not in the locker room coaching.

I just hope it's not too late to turn this thing around...if we keep blaming Budke for being a traitor and praising Coach Long because he cares and is a "good" guy. It's gonna be a long long long road back up...If I was Coach Long, I'd be praising the program too....Coach Long's job on the line and he knows he can't get another head job in college.

Maybe we can get Karl Malone to give the girls program a bunch of money and bring in some of his coaching buddies.....that is doing wonders for the boys program....

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by ERD View Post

Maybe we can get Karl Malone to give the girls program a bunch of money and bring in some of his coaching buddies.....that is doing wonders for the boys program....

No, why don't y'all get some former Lady Techsters to ante up?

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    No, why don't y'all get some former Lady Techsters to ante up?
    I hope you meant "WE" and not "y'all". This really isn't the time to be divisive against each other. A Tech fan is a Tech fan, and I know you are one of us, CHC.

+ Reply to Thread