+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Long's legacy

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

Long's legacy

To date:

Lost more home games in one season than any other coach. Am I correct on this one?
    Lost to more unrated teams than any other coach. Am I correct on this one?
    Lost by the largest margin ever to ULM. Am I correct on this one?

Set a new Techster record in 2006-2007 for most games lost in a row. 4
    Broke his OWN RECORD this season for most games lost in a row. (currently 5)

Lost in the first round of the WAC tourney. I KNOW I'm right on this one.
    Broke the NCAA tournament streak. I KNOW I'm right on this one.

Hasn't beaten a team with a winning record this season. Makes excuses. Even if he DOES end up winning the WAC, it is still a sorry season. The WAC is weaker than ever. And so are the Techsters.

I waited. I backtracked on some of my criticism. I asked others to do the same and give him some room. Unfortunately, all the preseason hype of his recruiting and "abilities" was just that: HYPE.

I'm not saying the players aren't committed and talented young ladies. I AM SAYING that Long is incapable of knowing what to do with them, and made terrible decisions on loading the cupboard this season (and unfortunately next season as well) with under 6 foot guards.

LONG MAY BE PHOTOGENIC, HAVE BETTER HAIR THAN BUDKE, AND FIT IN WITH THE RUSTON CROWD, BUT HE IS A FAILURE AS A COACH AT THIS LEVEL AND HAS SINGLE-HANDEDLY TAKEN THE TECHSTER PROGRAM TO A HISTORIC LOW.

We're not top 100. NO ONE mentions us among even the wannabe elite. The history is in danger of being so far in the past that it will no longer help us.

AM I AMONG THE FEW WHO RECOGNIZE HOW PATHETIC THIS IS? ARE WE GOING TO KEEP SAYING "GIVE HIM SOME TIME" AND "WAIT TIL NEXT YEAR" AND "HE'S REBUILDING THE PROGRAM"?????

This season, so far, has proven my point from last year. The first season under Long was leftover success from Leon and Budke. Hate on Budke all you want, but he never took us this low, this fast.

LONG HAS FAILED. THAT IS FACT. AND THE TECHSTER PROGRAM, FOR ALL INTENTS AND PURPOSES, IS DEAD. IT'S TIME FOR LONG TO GO AND A NEW COACH AND STAFF TO BE PUT IN PLACE.
    Last edited by fanfromafar; 12-21-2007 at 09:43 AM.

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Re: Long's legacy

Well said!!

Champ beaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Nobody is waiting for LONG anymore. Any contract extentions should cause nothing less than outrage from Tech fans. One more year of LONG and the Techster legacy will be too far gone to recover.

Champ beaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

The sad part about this is that he is going to blame this all on knee injuries and he might get away with it. He has more than recruited enough guards to make up for that but of course nobody over 6'2 on the whole team.

Champ LT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the rough

Didn't he just get our first loss to Little Rock also?
    ________
    LovelyWendie99
    Last edited by LT; 05-05-2011 at 01:08 AM.

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

He also turned down an NIT bid. You forgot that!

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

Long has been the worst coach on campus in the last 10 years. That is saying ALOT.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

quote=fanfromafar

To date:

Lost more home games in one season than any other coach. Am I correct on this one?

Not trying to defend Long, but really, how many coaches have we had? And look who he's being compared to. All that said, he is a bad coach and needs to be gone before the end of the season. If we are committed to Tech 2020, Dr. Reneau and JOakes need to prove it now.

LONG MAY BE PHOTOGENIC, HAVE BETTER HAIR THAN BUDKE, AND FIT IN WITH THE RUSTON CROWD, BUT HE IS A FAILURE AS A COACH AT THIS LEVEL AND HAS SINGLE-HANDEDLY TAKEN THE TECHSTER PROGRAM TO A HISTORIC LOW.

I wouldn't say singlehandedly. Dr. Reneau and JOakes have played as big a role as Long.

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    quote=fanfromafar

To date:

Not trying to defend Long, but really, how many coaches have we had? And look who he's being compared to. All that said, he is a bad coach and needs to be gone before the end of the season. If we are committed to Tech 2020, Dr. Reneau and JOakes need to prove it now.

I wouldn't say singlehandedly. Dr. Reneau and JOakes have played as big a role as Long.
    So what was your point, other than to make sure we disagreed on something this week? :icon_wink:

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fanfromafar View Post
    So what was your point, other than to make sure we disagreed on something this week? :icon_wink:

Just trying to keep you straight. Well, you know what I mean:icon_wink:.

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by touchdown123 View Post
    He also turned down an NIT bid. You forgot that!

That's the biggee for me. They lost all of my respect after that.

Quote Originally Posted by oledawg66 View Post
    That's the biggee for me. They lost all of my respect after that.
    Long didn't lose my respect for turning down the NIT bid. He'd lost it way before that. Although, that backed up what has been said and implied about the Techster program for a while now: We rely on the past, not the present, and that there has been a sense of entitlement about our program...that we are owed respect because of our history. That's just b/s.

Turning down the NIT bid was pure arrogance, but Long was in a lose/lose situation. Turning them down was a loser decision, but accepting and then losing in the first or second round (which was a guarantee) would have made him a loser as well. Either was, he was a loser, and has so far this season not done anything to disprove his failures last year.

The whole "support the Techsters" argument is valid and a lot like the "support the troops" argument. I am very against the war in Iraq, but I absolutely believe the soldiers need good pay, benefits, supplies and as much guaranteed safety as can possibly be provided. I think the President is a buffoon, but I don't transpose those opinions onto the men and women serving in the military.

Same goes for the Techsters. I believe Long is a ridiculous choice, and he's not done anything yet to prove otherwise. But, I believe the Techsters deserve us to cheer and yell and stand up and say that they are not being served well by a poor coaching choice.

I got another pathetic anonymous red dot for this post. So to whomever disagreed with me and called me a buffoon, please know that it is you, my anonymous redneck (oops, I meant red dot) friend who is the idiot.

I simply laid out the facts. It is absolutely YOU who must be the buffoon for thinking anything contrary to the facts.

Unfortunately, the Techsters have a LOT of fans like you who will keep saying "it's gonna get better" and just sit around cheering and hoping for a miracle to occur.

Some of us, specifically me, think that a fan is also someone who screams and shouts and demands change when things are falling apart. In case you've not noticed, things are falling apart.

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Thumbs Down Red Dot?

U got a red dot for telling the truth?? Well, if disagreeing with the masses in the direction that Long has taken the program thus far, somebody give ME a few of those red dots!!
    Now all we hear is "just wait to see if we win the WAC". Now if winning this weak-ass conference is now our rallying cry, we're in deeper trouble than even I realize!!
    Merry Christmas, everyone!!

Gene

Puppy parkedgourmet2 seems to have something between the earsparkedgourmet2 seems to have something between the earsparkedgourmet2 seems to have something between the earsparkedgourmet2 seems to have something between the earsparkedgourmet2 seems to have something between the earsparkedgourmet2 seems to have something between the earsparkedgourmet2 seems to have something between the earsparkedgourmet2 seems to have something between the ears parkedgourmet2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by touchdown123 View Post
    Long has been the worst coach on campus in the last 10 years. That is saying ALOT.

Touchdown, I agree with you completely. And you are right with the good dr. and the joakster in charge..... that is saying a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread