23 37.70%
  • 8-9

8 13.11%
  • 5-7

9 14.75%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Predict # of 07-08 Techster Victories

Varsity Bulldog muttdawg seems to have something between the earsmuttdawg seems to have something between the earsmuttdawg seems to have something between the earsmuttdawg seems to have something between the earsmuttdawg seems to have something between the earsmuttdawg seems to have something between the ears

Predict # of 07-08 Techster Victories

How many wins will the Techsters have in 07-08?

Varsity Bulldog muttdawg seems to have something between the earsmuttdawg seems to have something between the earsmuttdawg seems to have something between the earsmuttdawg seems to have something between the earsmuttdawg seems to have something between the earsmuttdawg seems to have something between the ears

Re: Predict # of 07-08 Techster Victories

I say we go 6 - 10 in WAC play and 2 - 0 in OOC games to finish with 12 wins. 12 - 17 will be our final record.

Varsity Bulldog rustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her game

No way it will be that bad. The WAC may be the worst conference in all of WBB and as bad as it's been, Tech should still go 12-4 at worst in conference play. There are some really, REALLY bad teams in the WAC. 18-11 would be a good pick with still a decent chance to win the conference tournament.

Champ BuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant future BuzDawg73's Avatar

20-9

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BUZDAWG View Post
    20-9
    so you think we are going to go 16 - 2 the rest of the way?

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

Optimistically, I say 17-12.

Champ BuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant future BuzDawg73's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OmahaDawg View Post
    so you think we are going to go 16 - 2 the rest of the way?
    I think we have the ability to do that, yes. I also know it could be much, much worse. I am concerned about the Techsters, but find it difficult not to be optimistic about their future. Just hoping the light comes on and they play to their abilities, and the coach does some soul-searching about what he is doing. I do think 20-9 is achievable.

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

Guess you are being optimitic and not actually predicting how we will do. I just find it very unrealistic that you would think we can finish 16 - 2.

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

I think 17-12 is about on target going into the WAC Tournament after an 11-5 WAC record. New Mexico State at #55 RPI appears to have the only remote chance for a WAC at-large bid since it the only WAC team in the top 100. Boise State and Nevada are the other two WAC teams ahead of Tech in RPI.

The good news (if you can call it that) is that the WAC is up from 23 to 21 in conference RPI out of the 31 conferences.

Guess you are being optimitic and not actually predicting how we will do. I just find it very unrealistic that you would think we can finish 16 - 2.

Well, we are all just speculating. Don't you think we are capable of this finish? Who do you think will DEFINITELY beat us on our remaining schedule? Of course, I am counting on us playing better than we have been, and I have no reason to think we won't.

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

Well, we are all just speculating. Don't you think we are capable of this finish? Who do you think will DEFINITELY beat us on our remaining schedule? Of course, I am counting on us playing better than we have been, and I have no reason to think we won't.
    You have "no reason to think we won't" play as badly as we have been? There are a TON of reasons to think that way. I think 17-12 would be a fairly decent turnaround compared to the beginning of the season.

Our wins have come against teams with losing records. We've yet to beat a top 100 team. We're 1-4 at home. We lost by 20+ to ULM at the TAC.

I would go as far to say there is no reason to expect us to play BETTER at this point. We've not seen anything yet (including the 4 wins) that says we are competitors.

Yes, Fan, I know how crappy we have been. However, the only reason to think we will not improve is if you believe our coaches and players don't care. Do you believe Long doesn't care about the Techsters? Do you believe that our players, despite some attitude problems with one or two players, don't care about their team. I don't believe that. And because I don't believe that, I think they will work to get better. I do believe we have some talent, and I am not as concerned about size as others are. I think we have enough size to be successful. I am concerned about our lack of organization on the court, but am hoping this is being addressed. Who the hell knows. We will see what happens.

I think we will be lucky to finish .500 overall. I don't think we can come close to this because I don't think we will finish above .500 in WAC play.

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Anything less than, say 16 - 13 would be beyond disaster. Even that would mean going 10 - 6 in the WAC, which is depressing in itself.

I'm hopeful of going between 14 - 2 and 12 - 4 in conference.

I'll go with 18 - 11 for the season, with high hopes of winning the conference tournament.

I think we will be lucky to finish .500 overall. I don't think we can come close to this because I don't think we will finish above .500 in WAC play.

I really hope you are wrong about your prediction. That would be very, very depressing if it occurs.

+ Reply to Thread