+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smart play by Westbrooks

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Smart play by Westbrooks

Remember when I was called an idiot for shouting for a NC RB to fall down after getting the first...well, if you saw the end of the Eagles' game tonite...there ya go! Smart, smart play. Win the game. Don't allow the other team to even touch the ball.

Champ Bill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the rough

Re: Smart play by Westbrooks

Yeah that was very very smart. At first I thought ...What the heck is he doing? then I remembered that Dallas had no timeouts left. The TD would "probably" have put it out of reach but with 2 minutes left, T.O., and the possibility of an onside kick, best to take no chances.

Had to be Westbrook's call too. No way he could have got a signal while he was on the run.

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

When he broke it, I actually thought "this might be a good thing" since the Cowboys will get the ball back and have more time. I was very impressed that he slid. Annoyed, but impressed.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Awesome play by a very unselfish player.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

What's interesting is how the Fox TV crew (whom I respect a bunch) couldn't decide to credit Westbrooks for the smart play or say his coaches had instilled it him.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    What's interesting is how the Fox TV crew (whom I respect a bunch) couldn't decide to credit Westbrooks for the smart play or say his coaches had instilled it him.
    What do you expect? It was Troy Aikmen. I used to have a little respect for Aikmen until I watched a Dallas game earlier in the year that he was working. There was a bad snap and Romo was able to get it up and just heaved the ball down the field instead of throwing it out of bounds since he was out of the pocket. Aikmen went on about how great of a play it was by Romo to recover and be able to throw it downfield. He didn't say a thing about the fact that the ball was almost intercepted and only wasn't because the receiver made a great defensive play.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Westbrook said that John Runyan(one of his o-linemen) told him to take a knee if he got to the one. This, of course, reinforces my theory that O-Linemen are the smartest players on the field.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Westbrook said that John Runyan(one of his o-linemen) told him to take a knee if he got to the one. This, of course, reinforces my theory that O-Linemen are the smartest players on the field.
    Either that or it means they're the laziest which could be why they're so fat. Maybe he was tired of blocking.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Ah...humm...... remember JBIII? :icon_wink:

JK

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    Either that or it means they're the laziest which could be why they're so fat. Maybe he was tired of blocking.
    Who says smart and lazy are mutually exclusive?
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Who says smart and lazy are mutually exclusive?
    That's true. After all, all I have to do is look in the mirror for verification of that.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Not many NFL RBs would give up the glory of a TD for the team. I heard the other day that Drew Brees had told Reggie Bush to become a study Westbrooks'. Westbrooks is obviously a team player along with being a great all purpose back.

Bulldog UTdawg is just really niceUTdawg is just really niceUTdawg is just really niceUTdawg is just really niceUTdawg is just really niceUTdawg is just really niceUTdawg is just really niceUTdawg is just really niceUTdawg is just really nice

That was a smart play by Westbrook. I hope the saints can keep him reasonably in check on sunday. McNabb Obviously can't carry the team anymore, so teams playing philly would be wise to load up to stop Westbrook. McNabb was all over the place accuracy wise yesterday.

Big Dog honker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the rough

Westbrook is no doubt the most versatile player in the league. Very unselfish play by an awesome back, that didnt help my fantasy team too much though

Champ deadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to behold deadawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    What do you expect? It was Troy Aikmen. I used to have a little respect for Aikmen until I watched a Dallas game earlier in the year that he was working. There was a bad snap and Romo was able to get it up and just heaved the ball down the field instead of throwing it out of bounds since he was out of the pocket. Aikmen went on about how great of a play it was by Romo to recover and be able to throw it downfield. He didn't say a thing about the fact that the ball was almost intercepted and only wasn't because the receiver made a great defensive play.
    That's funny, because in Dallas, Aikman is called a traitor. Most Cowboy fans think he hasn't given Dallas enough credit this year. I personally am a Cowboys fan that thinks he shows a lot of bias towards Dallas, but it's funny how it's just a matter of perspective.

+ Reply to Thread