+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Recruiting Question

Varsity Bulldog gramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the rough

Recruiting Question

Read the posts about Erica Henry of Fresno being or not being recruited by Tech. Has anyone noticed that games I and most everyone on here feel the Techsters should have won, they were often outplayed by players from the state of Louisiana.

Erica Henry 6' 3" (Shreveport) Fresno State
    Stephanie Helgesen 6'4 (New Orleans area) Southern Miss.
    Alexis Rack (Franklin and former teammate of Adrienne Johnson) (Freshman All-American last year) Miss. State
    Tysheka Grimes (Baton Rouge) Miss. State
    Robyn Porter (Abbeville) Miss. State
    Bethany Washington (Houma) Miss. State
    Lottie Moore, Jesse Carrier, Shannon Lloyd, Regina Jackson, Ashley Wallis (ULM)

Also, Brittany Helm who was the leading candidate for freshman of the year (was averaging 14 plus per game) in the WAC last year from San Jose State before transferring after the first semester is from Baton Rouge and now plays for New Orleans.

All listed had double figure scoring games and some rebounds also against Tech.

Finally, my question, any idea if the coaches recruited any of these girls with the exception of Henry ( read post earlier ).

FYI and thanks

Varsity Bulldog cranberry seems to have something between the earscranberry seems to have something between the earscranberry seems to have something between the earscranberry seems to have something between the earscranberry seems to have something between the earscranberry seems to have something between the earscranberry seems to have something between the ears

Re: Recruiting Question

Quote Originally Posted by gramtech View Post
    Read the posts about Erica Henry of Fresno being or not being recruited by Tech. Has anyone noticed that games I and most everyone on here feel the Techsters should have won, they were often outplayed by players from the state of Louisiana.

Alexis Rack (Franklin and former teammate of Adrienne Johnson) (Freshman All-American last year) Miss. State

Also, Brittany Helm who was the leading candidate for freshman of the year (was averaging 14 plus per game) in the WAC last year from San Jose State before transferring after the first semester is from Baton Rouge and now plays for New Orleans.

Finally, my question, any idea if the coaches recruited any of these girls with the exception of Henry ( read post earlier ).

FYI and thanks

There may be just as many that have chosen to go out of state that could have helped the Techsters. I think Helgeson was at Purdue first, then transferred. What a help she would have been to the Techsters. (She's 6-4) Techsters need a BIG!!

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by gramtech View Post

FYI and thanks
    WOW that hurts! Reason to dump LONG for losing those alone.

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

While I agree that it is ridiculous to be losing quality in-state talent, I do think we have some quality recruits. My concern was, and remains, that we are getting the "spin" on our recruiting classes as opposed to the reality of the situation.

I still stand by my earlier statement that it isn't the recruits, it is their leadership that has failed.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by fanfromafar View Post

I still stand by my earlier statement that it isn't the recruits, it is their leadership that has failed.
    Ditto. Note my signature. This was the case last year and to some extent, though better from what I have read, this year at times.

"ATTITUDE REFLECTS LEADERSHIP"

Champ beaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

their are so many recognizable names in the women's game that Tech could have hired. Kelly Jolly for one. I know she was unproven, but recruits know who she is. Chris Long is a relative nobody in the world of WBB. If the Techsters wait too long, they will lose even the edge of getting a good upstart coach in here. Long needs to move on as soon as NOW>

Champ rphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the rough rphdawg's Avatar

What do you mean....Long was a HS coach in Vicksburg

Champ beaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

lol. exactly. but they did an extensive search to find him.

+ Reply to Thread