+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2008 & Future Football Schedules (TV Schedule)

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Re: 2008 & Future Football Schedules (TV Schedule)

Lately the Hogs have been playing 2 games a year in LR. I want to say I read a Wally Hall column just this season re-examining this decision ... the consensus seems to be that for now the Hog nation is pleased with 5-6 games/year in the new campus stadium and 2 in War Memorial.

One of those 2 is always going to be lsu or Miss St. ULM's current arrangement with UA includes 2 more games (2010 & 12). So if a series with Tech were going to start in 2010 or 12 , it would probably in Fayetteville. 11 or 13 might be in LR.

Of course, I'd like to imagine that a series with the Hogs would include one or more games in Shreveport or even Ruston. But I doubt that any $ec schools are considering coming to our house for some time.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

The NCAA doesn't seem to be serious about the enforcing the attendance rule so I'd think nlulm is regretting the deal they set up with Arkansas. I don't know the fine details of that arrangement, but I don't think they are making BC$ type payout money in that series.

I've always thought that Arkansas would/should do a 2 for 1 with the 1 being played in Shreveport (Broyles would not). It's right in the middle of their recruiting area and I think they'd bring 30K if tickets were available.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    The NCAA doesn't seem to be serious about the enforcing the attendance rule so I'd think nlulm is regretting the deal they set up with Arkansas. I don't know the fine details of that arrangement, but I don't think they are making BC$ type payout money in that series.

I've always thought that Arkansas would/should do a 2 for 1 with the 1 being played in Shreveport (Broyles would not). It's right in the middle of their recruiting area and I think they'd bring 30K if tickets were available.

They might consider that now with a new AD.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    They might consider that now with a new AD.
    What I'm hoping B.V. was talking about...

Champ CaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really nice

This past August the Razorbacks extended their contract with War Memorial such that two games will be played at the stadium through the year 2016. The new contract will allow the stadium the ability to acquire funding for a new press-box. The contract is for at least one SEC game (LSU even years and Mississippi State/South Carolina odd years likely) each year. On a side note, it is still amazing to me that War Memorial seats more than the I-Bowl, of course once you set at a game you soon realize why.

In addition to playing two games annual in Little Rock the Razorbacks have signed a contract with the Dallas Cowboys and Texas A&M to play annual in Arlington for 10 years starting in 2009. Since leaving the old southwest conference the Razorbacks have missed playing games in Texas which they hope will lead to a recruiting trail.

While I was hoping to see a Tech vs Arkansas matchup in Shreveport for the I-Bowl. I have my doubts that Arkansas will ever play a game in Shreveport unless it is the I-Bowl. With Arkansas current contracts, the Razorbacks want all other OCC games to be home games. This will mean they play two home games in Little Rock, five games in Fayetteville, and one in Dallas, plus 4 SEC road games. Playing another road game means giving up a game in Fayetteville which they do not want to do. For this reason if Arkansas signs a contract to play Tech in Shreveport or Ruston, it would be very wise to include a large buyout (not Texas A&M type money).

My guess is that any willingness of Arkansas to play in Louisiana was simply to get talk started. Still you never know especially if it includes the Razorbacks a large number of tickets, or it is one way to get a really big check out of the HOGS.

Casey, Arkansas will still need some OOC series to work with. They will always have at least seven home games at Fayetteville and LR combined. They will still need 2 for 1 or 1 for 1 deals with other schools to complete the schedule each year. One of those can be an FCS school, but they still need two more each year. Right now the only other one showing on their schedule is a home and home with TCU. TCU at Ark, in 2015 and in Ft. Worth in 2016. FWIW, they also play ATM in Arlington in 2016.

I'm still not ruling it out yet. It is a brilliant move on their part to play all these away games in Arlington and Ft.Worth (assuming that one will be in Ft. Worth), but it would make perfect sense to also have one in Shreveport.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

How many years does the JUCO have left to play them as a home game in LR ?

Champ CaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really nice

I forgot about the TCU deal.

That means that in 2016 the Hogs can play a maximum of 6 games between Little Rock and Fayetteville if they fulfill their game with TCU (that is assuming a 12 game schedule). If I were TCU I would not be counting on that game.

At Fayetteville
    1. SEC Home
    2. SEC Home
    3. SEC Home
    4. OOC Home (FCS - Payday)

At Little Rock
    5. SEC Home (at Little Rock)
    6. OOC Home (payday)

Away Games
    7. SEC Away
    8. SEC Away
    9. SEC Away
    10. SEC Away

In Fort Worth
    11. TCU
    In Arlington
    12. Texas A&M

I just think that Arkansas will do everything in their power to play three OCC games between (1) Little Rock and (2) Fayetteville. That leaves Arkansas with nothing to negotiate besides the size of the check.

I really hope I am wrong when it comes to Tech but their will be some unhappy Hogs when they say we have decided to forgo our 5th game in Fayetteville and instead will be playing it in Shreveport. I could just see the argument now "At least Fayetteville get 4 games, that is twice as many as Little Rock".

Tyler, I think the "home and home" series between Ark./nlulm is over.

I understand what you are saying Casey, but no matter how upset the Ark. fans get about only having six games in state in some years, they still have to have OOC series with some FBS teams.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

I understand what you are saying Casey, but no matter how upset the Ark. fans get about only having six games in state in some years, they still have to have OOC series with some FBS teams.
    I don't think they do. At least not with return games. They'll just buy home games with teams that need the money. Look for the bottom three from the WAC, anyone from the SB, random teams from the MAC.

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    I don't think they do. At least not with return games. They'll just buy home games with teams that need the money. Look for the bottom three from the WAC, anyone from the SB, random teams from the MAC.
    Could be. That's what lsu and other SEC teams are doing. All the more reason for the non-AQs to band together and FORCE these guys to play away from home.

Champ Aussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the rough

Could be. That's what lsu and other SEC teams are doing. All the more reason for the non-AQs to band together and FORCE these guys to play away from home.
    Until the money-tree is invented/developed that won't happen.
    Most growing programs require a constant heavy flow of dough, plus how else is DD getting next years bowl bonus? Care to donate more?:icon_wink:

More importantly, some smaller schools don't have the luxury of having clutch coaches for tolerable prices; notably he brings in the W's, which = more cash. (ps: I get your point, wish it would work that way, you know how it is)

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

2 more games remain in the series -- in 2010 & 12.

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    2 more games remain in the series -- in 2010 & 12.
    I knew it didn't seem like all the games had been played. The "official" Arkansas site I saw didn't have future schedules and this pc. of crap site didn't mention it either...

http://www.nationalchamps.net/NCAA/future_schedules/

I found it on the intergoogle in this nlulm alumni newsletter from 2004: www.ulm.edu/alumni/goodnews/archives/gn02162004.pdf.

This was back when we all had the willies over the new requirement to average 15,000 for home games over a rolling 2 year period.

ULM made a definitive statement for remaining a member of Division I-A in football with the announcement that it had reached an agreement to play Arkansas five times over the next 10 years in Little Rock, Ark., with each meeting a home game for the Indians. ULM will play Arkansas at Little Rock’s War Memorial Stadium this fall and in 2006, 2008, 2010 and 2012.

I wonder if they would have signed this deal had they known that rule in question would soon be significantly relaxed from its original version.

+ Reply to Thread