+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WVU Suing Rich Rodriguez for $4M

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

WVU Suing Rich Rodriguez for $4M

Looks like this might get ugly. This whole thing seemed wrong when Rodriguez met with Michigan behind WVU's back and Michigan did not ask permission.

I'm certainly no legal expert, but I think West Va. will win this one.

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/7567884?MSNHPHMA

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Re: WVU Suing Rich Rodriguez for $4M

Especially with the swell of public opinion lately on how untrustworthy coaches are now with the moves by Saban, Rodriguez, the Atlanta coach, etc...

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

RR should not have agreed to a buy-out clause if he's going to ignore it.

More power to WV.
    tm
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

I hope Rodriguiz has to pay it out of his own pocket. West Virginia wins this case easily. I bet he never goes in their hall of fame.

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

I don't understand this case. The contract has a $4M buyout for leaving early and he's leaving early. Am I missing something or is Capt. Obvious going to be representing WVU in this one? What grounds does he have to NOT pay the buy out?

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Abominable Gorilla View Post
    I don't understand this case. The contract has a $4M buyout for leaving early and he's leaving early. Am I missing something or is Capt. Obvious going to be representing WVU in this one? What grounds does he have to NOT pay the buy out?
    I'm guessing, from what I've read elsewhere, that Rodriguez and his attorneys are going to try to say that WVU breached the contract by promising certain things and not delivering them.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    Rodriguez and his attorneys are going to try to say that WVU breached the contract by promising certain things and not delivering them.
    Wouldn't you?

RR's buying time for a big blue booster to loan him some cash for this and the attorney's fees.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ TulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her game TulsaDawg's Avatar

Meanwhile, WVU hires Stewart as HC for 5 years at $800K per year. If they can get the $4 million from RR, they might just get a free coach for 5 years.
    Go Tech!

Big Dog TBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of light TBDawg01's Avatar

I think WVU made a bad move hiring Stewart. I know they looked good the other night against OU, but Stewart was 8-25 as a head coach at VMI. I realize VMI isn't Alabama, but it was in D1-AA.

TB

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

Doesn't the descriptions of Stewart sound familar? "He just loves his players and they love him" *cough* chris long *cough*

Bad choice! Don't promote, look outside the program. The longer a program holds onto the past, the farther they fall.

Ask Mr. Promote the asst. himself, aka Jim Oakes. Bicknell. Richard, Budke, Long = all failed. We hit the jack pot with Crowton and thought the same formula could be applied across the board, wrong!

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

I'm not sure if Crowton was a jackpot, but he had only been on staff for a couple of years when he was promoted. He came to us from Ga. Tech.

As far as WVU is concerned, you could be right on target. They are putting themselves in a situation very similar to the one we put ourselves in with the hiring of Bicknell. We wanted to keep the coaching staff intact for Rattay's senior year, so we promoted from within. After that season, we were sort of stuck with him because you can't fire a first year head coach who went 8-3 on a shoestring budget. That nightmare lasted for most of a decade.

WVU is hiring Stewart for all of the things you talked about (players love him, etc), and because they want to keep their current system for their current roster. And, honestly, it will be tough for him to lose next season. He has so much speed and talent coming back, he will win half of his games just by showing up because I'm still not a believer that the Big East is a power conference. It will be the year after next when he shows what he is made of.

Varsity Bulldog DustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to all

Wow, Stewart's salary is $800k at the state's main university in a BCS conference? (not that I don't think that is good money to bring home) Isn't SMU paying Jones $2M? No real point to make here. I just thought that was interesting. I guess it shows how much loose change is floating around Dallas.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by StrayDawg View Post
    As far as WVU is concerned, you could be right on target. They are putting themselves in a situation very similar to the one we put ourselves in with the hiring of Bicknell.
    I see what you are pointing out. I would state that if the Bicknell hire was a mistake then the Joe Raymond Peace hire under the same circumstances was not.

And the Beightol hire when TECH did not promote from within was a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    I see what you are pointing out. I would state that if the Bicknell hire was a mistake then the Joe Raymond Peace hire under the same circumstances was not.

And the Beightol hire when TECH did not promote from within was a mistake.
    I agree with both points. When hiring a coach, you have to look at his ability to recruit, lead the team, etc. Peace was a good hire because he could do what was needed. Pat Collins would probably have been a great hire over the long term, but Bicknell was hired to get us through one year, which is not a good reason to hire a coach.

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

they should have given terry bowden or doc holiday the chance.

+ Reply to Thread