+ Reply to Thread

Thread: "Clean, Old-fashioned Hate"

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

"Clean, Old-fashioned Hate"

My family is from Georgia, but I've never heard this phrase before. Anyway, an interesting article. I like what Ga Tech students did to the McDonald's billboard near campus. :icon_wink:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clean%2...Fashioned_Hate

Champ BulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the rough

Re: "Clean, Old-fashioned Hate"

Quote Originally Posted by Brian96 View Post
    My family is from Georgia, but I've never heard this phrase before. Anyway, an interesting article. I like what Ga Tech students did to the McDonald's billboard near campus. :icon_wink:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clean%2...Fashioned_Hate
    Now that's just wrong. You know that Ga Tech is supposed to bow down and worship Georgia. They should feel priveledged to be able to play football in the same state. They should definately pull for Georgia when they aren't playing each other and be so very happy for Georgia. After all, Ga Tech will never be the "state school".

BARF! I do not have to pull for lsu just because they have an l in their name. As for me and my house...we choose Tech.

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

See how much fun it could be to have at least TWO "big" schools in the same state?

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckK3 View Post
    See how much fun it could be to have at least TWO "big" schools in the same state?
    Exactly. Maybe not Alabam/Auburn--I've seen families outright feud over that one--but the good-natured and at the same time tenacious rivalry between Ga Tech and UGA is a worthy goal for us.

Champ brtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond repute brtransplant's Avatar

Jindal is not an LSU grad. So far, he's not acting like he's going to listen to a lot of b/s from them. Time will tell. Roemer wasn't either, and he screwed Louisiana Tech royally. I think we will at least get a fair shot for funding from Jindal.

Quote Originally Posted by brtransplant View Post
    Jindal is not an LSU grad. So far, he's not acting like he's going to listen to a lot of b/s from them. Time will tell. Roemer wasn't either, and he screwed Louisiana Tech royally. I think we will at least get a fair shot for funding from Jindal.
    As long as we are funded according to the full formula, that is fine with me. This 80% BS was absolutely ridiculous.

We need to aggressively pursue funding ourselves. We need to do what we have to do to keep the state's funding up, but also pursue external funding with the fervor of a private institution.

Champ Reddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by brtransplant View Post
    Roemer wasn't either, and he screwed Louisiana Tech royally.
    How? Just curious.

RD
    We're gonna miss you dawgpound!

Champ garddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to behold

Living here in Georgia there is a rivalry but there are 10 UGA fans to maybe 1 Ga Tech fan. The whole state roots for UGA. Ga Tech does not always sell out their games and they do rely for the most part on their Alumni and friends to fill the stadium. Georgia on the other hand is like LSU in that many people going to games never set foot in the Academic halls. Ga Tech I think also suffers because it tends to have a smaller undergrad enrollment than its graduate enrollment.

I am mentioning this because even though we are striving to become a major athletic force in Louisiana we will always be Tech (which I am glad of). What I mean is that even the successful Tech's in most of the other states still have to dwell in a shadow of the 'State' school; but it was their own decisions and drive that got them to where they are.

Quote Originally Posted by garddawg View Post
    Living here in Georgia there is a rivalry but there are 10 UGA fans to maybe 1 Ga Tech fan. The whole state roots for UGA. Ga Tech does not always sell out their games and they do rely for the most part on their Alumni and friends to fill the stadium. Georgia on the other hand is like LSU in that many people going to games never set foot in the Academic halls. Ga Tech I think also suffers because it tends to have a smaller undergrad enrollment than its graduate enrollment.

I am mentioning this because even though we are striving to become a major athletic force in Louisiana we will always be Tech (which I am glad of). What I mean is that even the successful Tech's in most of the other states still have to dwell in a shadow of the 'State' school; but it was their own decisions and drive that got them to where they are.
    I agree with your post except for the "whole state roots for UGA" thing. It is definitely a significant majority, but it is not quite as bad as LSU and Louisianans. Of course, if UGA makes a title run in the next couple of years I may have to eat my words, as the bandwagonning will hit a new high there. But UGA stuff doesn't seem to saturate quite as bad as LSU stuff here. Also, in south Georgia there is a significant number of Florida fans and in southwest Georgia a fair number of Auburn fans. I haven't noticed this sort of thing in Louisiana.

But, again, I think the UGA/Ga Tech model is one for us to shoot for. We will never supplant LSU, but we can be the clear #2. But we still have a long way to go, both athletically and academically to firmly stake out that position.

Champ garddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Brian96 View Post
    I agree with your post except for the "whole state roots for UGA" thing. It is definitely a significant majority, but it is not quite as bad as LSU and Louisianans. Of course, if UGA makes a title run in the next couple of years I may have to eat my words, as the bandwagonning will hit a new high there. But UGA stuff doesn't seem to saturate quite as bad as LSU stuff here. Also, in south Georgia there is a significant number of Florida fans and in southwest Georgia a fair number of Auburn fans. I haven't noticed this sort of thing in Louisiana.

But, again, I think the UGA/Ga Tech model is one for us to shoot for. We will never supplant LSU, but we can be the clear #2. But we still have a long way to go, both athletically and academically to firmly stake out that position.
    Yeah, you're right. The UGA guys were asked this year who their biggest rival was and they acknowledged that in SW GA it would be Auburn, in N GA Tennessee, East it might be South Carolina and in the South - Florida. I think Auburn / Alabama still is the most 'respected' rivalry. Georgia also uses the one University system here in that all public universities are under the UGA system. In Louisiana, even though in theory we have multiple systems, the state only recognizes the LSU system as the flagship.

We also have to work harder with the average fan because they view that LSU is the state school and Louisiana Tech is a specialized school that unless you went there then you are not a part of the family. That is why now I support the idea of playing ULM because it is our opportunity to capture the average fan of the area when they come to the Joe, see the tailgating and atmosphere that we have created, and be a part of an active Cheering crowd on the West side.

Champ steltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the rough steltz's Avatar

Im a Georgia Tech student now and I have always hated UGA.. GO JACKETS!

+ Reply to Thread