+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Johnny's Pizza getting national pub...

Champ Poisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the rough Poisso3's Avatar
    Ellisville, MO (30 miles West of St. Louis)

Re: Johnny's Pizza getting national pub...

Quote Originally Posted by TennesseeDawg View Post
    Remember that crazy girl I dated Poisso? she worked there and would bring food from Trenton Street cafe every day to my apartment. Man, I really miss that food:icon_wink:
    yeah, i remember her...she still owes me money...and a hat she stole from my apartment.

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

How good Johnny's was depends largely on when you were in Ruston. When I arrived in 1979, it was fantastic. At the time, they load the toppings and the cheese on the pizza. It was excellent. By the mid-80s, they had gotten cheap and it degenerated to being inedible for a while. In the early 90s, they improved a tad, but never rose back to that early level. Haven't had it for a while, last time it was just too greasy.

There's a place in the Waco area called Gratziano's. Not sure if it's a chain or not. The crust on their pizza is about as good as I've ever had. Great stuff even when you get some of their odd toppings.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

I've never cared for Johnny's pizza. It always gave me the runs.

Champ TechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by dawg419 View Post
    Cushino's is a name I haven't thought of in years, but it brings back some great memories. Best muffaletta ever! It was originally across the side street from Bogard Hall. Johnny's is good now. Better than most anything else in North Louisiana.
    They had the bread for the muff sent by bus everyday from New Orleans. That's what made it so special.

I remember the P.O Cafe and the 'gic grill. (It was called the Magic grill, but the light bulb behind the MA was burned out forever.)

Varsity Bulldog Gunslinger is on top of his/her gameGunslinger is on top of his/her gameGunslinger is on top of his/her gameGunslinger is on top of his/her gameGunslinger is on top of his/her gameGunslinger is on top of his/her gameGunslinger is on top of his/her gameGunslinger is on top of his/her gameGunslinger is on top of his/her gameGunslinger is on top of his/her gameGunslinger is on top of his/her game Gunslinger's Avatar

I went to BJ's down in Alexandria one time when I couldn't find a Johnny's and someone said that BJ's is comparable...It officially is NOT comparable to Johnny's! I honestly thought that it was a cruel joke.

Champ Poisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the rough Poisso3's Avatar
    Ellisville, MO (30 miles West of St. Louis)

Quote Originally Posted by CutiePie72 View Post
    poisso3, Trenton Street Cafe closed, but it's Frothy Monkey now. There was a Frothy across from Bogard originally, I think. Then they had one on the boardwalk down from Tia Maria's and up from RDL. When Trenton Place closed, it moved there. It's a coffee house place pretty much. Not major food unless it's changed since it moved there. Has never been a clothing place that I know of, but I haven't driven down there in a couple of weeks. Things could have changed.
    it was dark when we actually drove down Trenton so it looked like a cloting type shop. I did wonder what happened to the Frothy Monkey as I noticed it was no longer on that boardwalk area.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

I took my wife to Monjunis last time I was down there. I had a Muffaleta and I think it was called a milky way cake for desert. Good stuff. She had never been there before.

I used to really like Muthers. Wasn't that where they had the potty parties? Where the beer was cheap and went up in price each time someone (usually a freshman girl) would get up and go to the bathroom? What is in Muthers old building now?

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    The cajun topping pizza is the Sweep the Swamp. The Sweep the Kitchen is an oversized Supreme pizza with more meat/veggies/cheese.

Making me hungry. I like johnny's vs any pizza joint in Ruston (plus they are very Tech friendly). Doesn't beat U.S. Pizza in little rock.
    johnny's is by far the best pizza in ruston, but it's hard to beat a large from dominos delivered to the dorm for 6 bucks.

do you remember when there was a johnny's in el dog?

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasbob View Post
    johnny's is by far the best pizza in ruston, but it's hard to beat a large from dominos delivered to the dorm for 6 bucks.

do you remember when there was a johnny's in el dog?
    Yes, been there plenty of time...it eventually closed, later Shoney's built their restaurant where the Johnny's use to be.

2004 Bowl Confidence & 2006 NIT Bracket Champion hoopdawg is just really nicehoopdawg is just really nicehoopdawg is just really nicehoopdawg is just really nicehoopdawg is just really nicehoopdawg is just really nicehoopdawg is just really nicehoopdawg is just really nicehoopdawg is just really nicehoopdawg is just really nicehoopdawg is just really nice

Cushinos first made thesweep. It was bought and was the first Johneys in the early 70.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Chris29 View Post
    I'd eat Papa John's over Johnny's any day of the week. Again, none hold a candle to BJ's Pizza.
    I was good friends with the son of the guy who started BJ's. Larry Green couldn't stand Johnny and opened the first restaurant out of spite. It was excellent when I ate there, but that was back in '87. Personally, I prefer Papa John's, but I like thin crust.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

I had Johnny's and BJ's...taste the same.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    I had Johnny's and BJ's...taste the same.
    The A-Town guys are gonna pile on me for this, but I agree with one exception. The hamburger at BJ's is different, and, IMO, better.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Yeah there's a slight difference in some of the ingredients (I imagine johnny's and bj's use different food vendors). The main part of the pizza (crust, sauce, and cheese) taste similar.

Overall both are good pies. I have no problem with them. I can't do Domino's or any of the budget pizzas you see around these days. They're garbage.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TechDAG View Post
    They had the bread for the muff sent by bus everyday from New Orleans. That's what made it so special.

I remember the P.O Cafe and the 'gic grill. (It was called the Magic grill, but the light bulb behind the MA was burned out forever.)
    I used to hear stories about the P.O. Cafe and their open faced roast beef sandwiches from my Dad. I think it shut down shortly before I started at Tech.

+ Reply to Thread