+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's up with the Spears Family?

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

What's up with the Spears Family?

I do my best to not pay attention to this kind of trash, but these days the Spears Family is like a car wreck on the side of the road; you don't want to slow down and look, but you can't help it.

Looks like Britney lost it...again
    http://music.msn.com/news/article.as...91008&GT1=7702

And the younger sister got knocked up just as her mother is about to write a book about raising a Christian family. At least Nickelodeon (where she hosts a kids TV show) had the good sense to cancel the show.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sto...l?from=mostpop

Here's my question about the younger sister:

A couple of years ago that (hot) teacher in Florida went to jail for having sex with a 16 year-old student because she was an adult and had sex with a minor. Britney's sister is 16 and gets pregnant by a 20 year-old guy (adult) and he walks away scot free while the mom sells the story to a tabloid for $1 Million. What gives??

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Re: What's up with the Spears Family?

Quote Originally Posted by StrayDawg View Post
    I do my best to not pay attention to this kind of trash, but these days the Spears Family is like a car wreck on the side of the road; you don't want to slow down and look, but you can't help it.

Looks like Britney lost it...again
    http://music.msn.com/news/article.as...91008&GT1=7702

And the younger sister got knocked up just as her mother is about to write a book about raising a Christian family. At least Nickelodeon (where she hosts a kids TV show) had the good sense to cancel the show.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sto...l?from=mostpop

Here's my question about the younger sister:

A couple of years ago that (hot) teacher in Florida went to jail for having sex with a 16 year-old student because she was an adult and had sex with a minor. Britney's sister is 16 and gets pregnant by a 20 year-old guy (adult) and he walks away scot free while the mom sells the story to a tabloid for $1 Million. What gives??
    I think the difference with the teacher and this case is the age of the minor. Apparently, Jaime Lynn Spears is of the age of consent, so there are no criminal charges. The teacher was involved, I think, with a 13 or 14 year old.

As far as what's wrong with the family, who knows. Priorities screwed up, I guess. They need a good dose of Dr. Phil.

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    I think the difference with the teacher and this case is the age of the minor. Apparently, Jaime Lynn Spears is of the age of consent, so there are no criminal charges. The teacher was involved, I think, with a 13 or 14 year old.

As far as what's wrong with the family, who knows. Priorities screwed up, I guess. They need a good dose of Dr. Phil.

i thought 18 was the age of consent?

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAY View Post
    i thought 18 was the age of consent?
    Nope. It depends on the state and the sex of the minor. At one point, there were several states in which a girl could give consent at the age of 13, but I think the youngest is now 15. Most states, I think, are 16. The age of consent for males is younger than females in several, if not most, states unless that has changed too.

Champ bad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to all bad_man's Avatar

If it occurred in Louisiana, age of consent is 17.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    Nope. It depends on the state and the sex of the minor. At one point, there were several states in which a girl could give consent at the age of 13, but I think the youngest is now 15. Most states, I think, are 16. The age of consent for males is younger than females in several, if not most, states unless that has changed too.
    DD, you sure seem to be well-versed in these age of consent laws, just an observation.

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg View Post
    DD, you sure seem to be well-versed in these age of consent laws, just an observation.
    Ask me no questions, and I'll tell you no lies.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

My internet filter blocks part of this site, but from what I can tell, the age of consent in California is 18. I could definitley be wrong because of the block, but hopefully you guys can see it.

http://www.ageofconsent.com/california.htm

So, if the age of consent is 17 in Louisiana (her home state) and 18 in California (where she and her sister live) then why is this guy getting off and her mom allowed to sell the story to tabloids?

Any lawyers out there who want to tackle this one?

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Is she independent or still dependent? I think that could be it...

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

They're sluts and lunatics!
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

PART V. OFFENSES AFFECTING THE PUBLIC MORALS
    SUBPART A. OFFENSES AFFECTING SEXUAL IMMORALITY
    1. SEXUAL OFFENSES AFFECTING MINORS

§80. Felony carnal knowledge of a juvenile
    A. Felony carnal knowledge of a juvenile is committed when:
    (1) A person who is nineteen years of age or older has sexual intercourse, with consent, with a person who is thirteen years of age or older but less than seventeen years of age, when the victim is not the spouse of the offender; or
    (2) A person who is seventeen years of age or older has sexual intercourse, with consent, with a person who is thirteen years of age or older but less than fifteen years of age, when the victim is not the spouse of the offender; or
    (3) A person commits a second or subsequent offense of misdemeanor carnal knowledge of a juvenile, or a person who has been convicted one or more times of violating one or more crimes for which the offender is required to register as a sex offender under R.S. 15:542 commits a first offense of misdemeanor carnal knowledge of a juvenile.
    B. As used in this Section, sexual intercourse means anal, oral, or vaginal sexual intercourse.
    C. Lack of knowledge of the juvenile's age shall not be a defense. Emission is not necessary, and penetration, however slight, is sufficient to complete the crime.
    D. Whoever commits the crime of felony carnal knowledge of a juvenile shall be fined not more than five thousand dollars, or imprisoned, with or without hard labor, for not more than ten years, or both, provided that the defendant shall not be eligible to have his conviction set aside or his prosecution dismissed in accordance with the provisions of Code of Criminal Procedure Article 893. Amended by Acts 1977, No. 539, §1; Acts 1978, No. 757, §1; Acts 1990, No. 590, §1; Acts 1995, No. 241, §1; Acts 2001, No. 796, §1; Acts 2006

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    PART V. OFFENSES AFFECTING THE PUBLIC MORALS
    SUBPART A. OFFENSES AFFECTING SEXUAL IMMORALITY
    1. SEXUAL OFFENSES AFFECTING MINORS

(1) A person who is nineteen years of age or older has sexual intercourse, with consent, with a person who is thirteen years of age or older but less than seventeen years of age, when the victim is not the spouse of the offender; or
    (2) A person who is seventeen years of age or older has sexual intercourse, with consent, with a person who is thirteen years of age or older but less than fifteen years of age, when the victim is not the spouse of the offender; or
    (3) A person commits a second or subsequent offense of misdemeanor carnal knowledge of a juvenile, or a person who has been convicted one or more times of violating one or more crimes for which the offender is required to register as a sex offender under R.S. 15:542 commits a first offense of misdemeanor carnal knowledge of a juvenile.
    B. As used in this Section, sexual intercourse means anal, oral, or vaginal sexual intercourse.
    C. Lack of knowledge of the juvenile's age shall not be a defense. Emission is not necessary, and penetration, however slight, is sufficient to complete the crime.
    D. Whoever commits the crime of felony carnal knowledge of a juvenile shall be fined not more than five thousand dollars, or imprisoned, with or without hard labor, for not more than ten years, or both, provided that the defendant shall not be eligible to have his conviction set aside or his prosecution dismissed in accordance with the provisions of Code of Criminal Procedure Article 893. Amended by Acts 1977, No. 539, §1; Acts 1978, No. 757, §1; Acts 1990, No. 590, §1; Acts 1995, No. 241, §1; Acts 2001, No. 796, §1; Acts 2006
    Look, Doc. They had you in mind when passing this legislation.

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post

Since the boyfriend is 19 and Spears is 16, it seems to me that he obviously broke statute A(1), but I'm not famous, so what do I know...

I'm not trying to start any trouble because I don't really care that much about all of this, but it bothers me to see people get away with crimes because they are famous.

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

http://www.boston.com/ae/celebrity/a..._dodges_media/

It's nice to know that they associate with our "flagship university".

+ Reply to Thread