+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2008 NFL Draft

Big Dog localdawg is an unknown

2008 NFL Draft

What is everybody's opinion on the NFL Draft? Any ideas on the number 1 pick? What does your team need?

Official Unofficial BB&B Pollster TennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her game TennesseeDawg's Avatar

Re: 2007 NFL Draft

Quote Originally Posted by localdawg View Post
    What is everybody's opinion on the NFL Draft? Any ideas on the number 1 pick? What does your team need?
    The Saints need DEFENSE!!!!!! I think the first pick will be Dorsey.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Dolphins are # 1 and will probably take Dorsey.

Saints need defense BIGTIME. Need to start by letting Chasin' David go back to Indy or some other place that runs a Cover 2, so he can have zone defense helping him out and a safety covering him over the top. He gave up more TDs than anyone else in the NFL this season and his one-on-one coverage is terrible. D line is pretty good and LBs are okay. Need more speed on the outside on defense. Corners got burned a lot this year and safeties couldn't get there fast enough to help.

The most unfair pick of the draft is the Patriots getting the #7 pick overall (from trade with 49ers). For a while it looked like they might get the #2 pick and get Darren McFadden. Can you imagine that team with McFadden as a legit running threat? And, if they hadn't been caught filming the Jets, they would have another first round pick....probably the last one.

Varsity Bulldog bigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nice bigwagee's Avatar

The Saints will select Desean Jackson from Cal with their 10th pick.

Champ deadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to behold deadawg's Avatar

I'm not sure that the dolphins will hang on to the no. 1 pick. They are way more than one player away from being good and Bill likes to stockpile draft picks. One rumor I heard was that Jerry Jones is in love with Mcfadden and might be willing to package both first round picks and maybe a couple other picks for miami's no. 1. I don't know about all that, but I think the 'boys should hang on to both picks and go after a corner and either a rb or wr.

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Saints need to pick up Mauluga!

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

2008 Draft, not 2007.

The Cowboys will have two low first rounders. We will lose Julius Jones to FA but Marion Barber will be just fine carrying the load so I would like us to get a DB, WR, and OL out of our first three picks. After that I hope we just get the best athletes and stock up more OL's and DB's. I feel good about us everywhere else.

The Cowboys biggest dissapointment this year is how good the Browns have played. I really thought that was going to be a great pick for us. Seeing how Romo turned out I'm still hlad we didn't draft Quinn though.

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

The Dolphins need so much, I look for them to trade down to acquire more draft picks to start to build depth.

Saints should trade their #1, #3 and #7 to move up to the top of the Draft and get a stud DL / DE (Dorsey or Long) and then take a CB / DB in the with their #2. They can then take best remaining offensive need with #4.

Champ DAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond repute DAWG DUDE's Avatar

Re: 2008 NFL Draft

I'd love to see the Cowboys draft Limas Sweed with one of their first round picks, and also the best available CB..

Maybe in the second round [if he's still available] Rashard Mendenhall? 3rd round get an offensive tackle and their draft will be great. Also would like to see them pick up Bess from Hawaii or DJ Hall in the second or third round if they don't get Sweed.

Champ randerizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the rough randerizer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DAWG DUDE View Post
    I'd love to see the Cowboys draft Limas Sweed with one of their first round picks, and also the best available CB..
    I personally think that Sweed might be the best WR in the draft, but is he generally considered a first round grade WR?

Champ DAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond repute DAWG DUDE's Avatar

Right now his range is the 20-25th pick of the draft.

2005 NFL Survivor Contest Champion RXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of light RXDAWG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OmahaDawg View Post
    The Dolphins need so much, I look for them to trade down to acquire more draft picks to start to build depth.

Saints should trade their #1, #3 and #7 to move up to the top of the Draft and get a stud DL / DE (Dorsey or Long) and then take a CB / DB in the with their #2. They can then take best remaining offensive need with #4.
    I think you are spot on with this OD!

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StrayDawg View Post
    Dolphins are # 1 and will probably take Dorsey.

Saints need defense BIGTIME. Need to start by letting Chasin' David go back to Indy or some other place that runs a Cover 2, so he can have zone defense helping him out and a safety covering him over the top. He gave up more TDs than anyone else in the NFL this season and his one-on-one coverage is terrible. D line is pretty good and LBs are okay. Need more speed on the outside on defense. Corners got burned a lot this year and safeties couldn't get there fast enough to help.

The most unfair pick of the draft is the Patriots getting the #7 pick overall (from trade with 49ers). For a while it looked like they might get the #2 pick and get Darren McFadden. Can you imagine that team with McFadden as a legit running threat? And, if they hadn't been caught filming the Jets, they would have another first round pick....probably the last one.

Word on the street is the Saints are going to run some form of cover 2 next season.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Who's going to be their defensive coordinator?

+ Reply to Thread