+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: LSU Players Last Night

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Re: LSU Players Last Night

So was there an influx of LSU shirts worn around campus?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    So was there an influx of LSU shirts worn around campus?
    Lots of brand new purple and puke crap showing up this week. Lots of XXXLs and folks in need of dental work and a hair brush.

Big Dog honker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the rough

just saw one of those LSU players on my street. LSU t-shirt, LSU shorts, LSU champs hat, I didnt look down but he probly had LSU crocs. BD18...stay away from the q-nasty.

Big Dog Red's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the rough Red's Better's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TruDawg07 View Post
    It just depresses me to know that there are so many students who do not like Tech, yet they go here. I was talking to one of my professors about it and he said the same thing I do: students complain about the lack of school spirit around here, yet THEY are the ones who will miss a football game to watch LSU. The problem isn't the school not winning. It's the alumni who will NEVER support Tech no matter what we do. We don't have as much money as LSU because OUR alumni support them and not us. It's not fair and it's just not right.

Dooley said it best..........You have to give the people something to be excited about. I know there are those die hard fans that disagree and I root for Tech no matter what the record, but we must realize not everyone one has that same outlook. We need to not worry about that stuff right now and continue to support. Once the ball gets rolling others will follow. I know that is not ideal (bandwaggoning), but that is just the way it is. I think there are plenty of alumni who continue to give money no matter what the record, but frustration comes with being mediocre.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

I was coming out of the bathroom here in Louisville and I saw an entire family decked out in BRAND NEW LSU gear...typical
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

When they finished singing why didn't you stand up and sing the Tech Fight Song? I bet our players would have joined in! You know back in the old days this kind of stuff didn't happen here in Ruston. This seems to be a recent development that has developed during the Reneau era. We all had alot of pride in Tech under Dr. Taylor.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bigdawg18 View Post
    Well I hate to admit it and I hate going there, but the Q-Stick haha
    At least you didn't pick up a disease while you were at the Dirty Stick.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Puppy TruDawg07 seems to have something between the earsTruDawg07 seems to have something between the earsTruDawg07 seems to have something between the earsTruDawg07 seems to have something between the earsTruDawg07 seems to have something between the earsTruDawg07 seems to have something between the ears

Quote Originally Posted by Red's Better View Post
    Dooley said it best..........You have to give the people something to be excited about. I know there are those die hard fans that disagree and I root for Tech no matter what the record, but we must realize not everyone one has that same outlook. We need to not worry about that stuff right now and continue to support. Once the ball gets rolling others will follow. I know that is not ideal (bandwaggoning), but that is just the way it is. I think there are plenty of alumni who continue to give money no matter what the record, but frustration comes with being mediocre.
    You are right about frustration coming with being mediocre; I get extremely frustrated sometimes. And I know that bandwaggoning is how it is, but it doesn't mean I have to be happy about it. I guess since I have been a fan all my life and have never jumped on any bandwagon, it's hard for me to understand and/or accept.

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

People who currently attend or graduated from TECH who support lsu over TECH sicken me also. However, my life is evidence that a person can overcome years of being an lsu fan. I knew nothing but lsu existed for the first 17 years of my life as both my older brother and sister graduated from LSU.

I grew up near Alexandria so lsu and TECH were about the same drive time from my house. I chose to attend TECH because my older cousin and several high school friends (and a girl I wanted to date) were atttending TECH and that gave me a ride home on weekends. However, when I became a student at TECH I turned away from lsu and I've been a TECH fan for over 40 years.

Love for lsu can be overcome but only by choice of the individual. WE can't make anyone not support lsu - this has to be an individual choice. If TECH starts winning it won't take these people long to switch allegiance to TECH. The key is to keep their allegiance.

BTW, I never got a date with the girl.

Big Dog Red's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the rough Red's Better's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HoDo-Tech70 View Post
    People who currently attend or graduated from TECH who support lsu over TECH sicken me also. However, my life is evidence that a person can overcome years of being an lsu fan. I knew nothing but lsu existed for the first 17 years of my life as both my older brother and sister graduated from LSU.

I grew up near Alexandria so lsu and TECH were about the same drive time from my house. I chose to attend TECH because my older cousin and several high school friends (and a girl I wanted to date) were atttending TECH and that gave me a ride home on weekends. However, when I became a student at TECH I turned away from lsu and I've been a TECH fan for over 40 years.

Love for lsu can be overcome but only by choice of the individual. WE can't make anyone not support lsu - this has to be an individual choice. If TECH starts winning it won't take these people long to switch allegiance to TECH. The key is to keep their allegiance.

BTW, I never got a date with the girl.

I agree with what you are saying, I just thinkg most dont support LSU "OVER" Tech. I honestly think a lot support both. I think we need to just let it go and stop putting so much pressure on people to choose, because unfortunately I think most would choose LSU. I just dont see the problem with being a fan of both. Now I do understand the money argument as well as pulling for LSU over Tech. But I went to Tech and am a big LSU fan, but when the schools play, of coarse I am wearing Tech stuff (that would be dumb if I didn't).

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with what you are saying, I just thinkg most dont support LSU "OVER" Tech. I honestly think a lot support both. I think we need to just let it go and stop putting so much pressure on people to choose, because unfortunately I think most would choose LSU. I just dont see the problem with being a fan of both. Now I do understand the money argument as well as pulling for LSU over Tech. But I went to Tech and am a big LSU fan, but when the schools play, of coarse I am wearing Tech stuff (that would be dumb if I didn't).
    I have no problem with that.

Champ AG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the rough AG_jr's Avatar

I agree with what you are saying, I just thinkg most dont support LSU "OVER" Tech.
    Unfortunately, you are wrong. I was talking with a Tech student just yesterday, and she was able to tell you lsu's final record at the end of the season, but couldn't even tell me who TECH's starting quarterback was this year.

The sad truth is, more than half of the students at Tech just don't care. They just see Tech as a school to get a degree from. And as pessimistic as it sounds, the only way to get them to start caring about Tech athletics is:

1) Most important, we have GOT to put a winning product out there. Students have no reason to cheer for a loser.

2) The SGA has GOT to get the word out to the students. Other than the flyers that myself and the other student workers for the Athletics Dept. put out for the games, there has been no promotion for the basketball games on campus. Nothing. Zilch. Nada. No posters, no banners, NOTHING. How are the students supposed to care if they don't even know we HAVE an athletics program?

Lastly, I have a story. I was talking with my uncle at christmas dinner. He graduated from LSU as an electrical engineer. He made some very good points about how to grow a fan base from students. It HAS to start while they are students. He said he isn't really concerned about giving back to LSU, because they didn't give him a reason to while he was there. He said they were just treated as numbers, and that the administration just seemed eager to get them graduated and out of their hair. We have GOT to GIVE the students a reason to be EXCITED! And that starts with having a team to be proud of.

Champ BulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the rough

Why in the world would those players want to be at the q-stick?

Champ NathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond repute NathanDarby's Avatar

I heard about the "Que-Stick Incident" as well today. A lot of Tech players there that were not amused. I'm not naming any names, but somebody scored a direct hit on the DJ's head with a full cup of beer when he played the LSU song. Serves the jackass right.

Also I hear the Tech players will be back at Q-Stick tonight sporting some new t-shirts with, ummm, "friendly" messages for all the LSU hangers-on.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by NathanDarby View Post
    I heard about the "Que-Stick Incident" as well today. A lot of Tech players there that were not amused. I'm not naming any names, but somebody scored a direct hit on the DJ's head with a full cup of beer when he played the LSU song. Serves the jackass right.

Also I hear the Tech players will be back at Q-Stick tonight sporting some new t-shirts with, ummm, "friendly" messages for all the LSU hangers-on.
    Great idea by the players. I would love to be there to support them.

+ Reply to Thread