+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Boise thread

Champ rphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the rough rphdawg's Avatar

Re: KB

Champ, Good Post...You are right...IF changes are made now then with the right "Coach" the ship can be sailing again.

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Just a little clarification. First of all, if you don't want to write me in private, FFA, then stop assuming what I am going to say. Second of all, by standing by this program, we are giving back a little of what we got. Yes, Dirty, they were on scholarship - so are almost all D1 athletes. We got something special during those years. Yes, I credit FJ Taylor for that. He, Sonja, and Leon built what we had. All I am saying is that it is time we paid the piper and supported this program in it's time of need. That is all. Get frustrated! Get angry! Just don't leave it. If you leave it, you can credit THAT for never getting it back. From the sound of most of the posts, though, I don't think many are ready to leave. The passion is too great.
    Champ,
    Tempers are high, passions are higher, and frustrations are even higher than both of those combined. I didn't assume you would say anything. In fact, what I said, if you go back and read it, was that I would "hear" something even if you weren't saying it. That was on ME, not YOU. I said I WOULD HEAR ANYTHING AS AN EXCUSE, and I even went so far as to say that I wasn't implying that is what you would offer.

It is difficult for some of us to "support the Techsters" when they are being mislead by their coach, in our opinions. I'm not going to stop cheering for the team, I WANT THEM TO WIN. As I've said before, I'd be happy to eat my words when Long proves me wrong. Unfortunately, though, Long has not done that, in fact, the program has reached a new low this season, even when compared to the abysmal season last year.

When I become frustrated on this board is when sometimes the argument is "youth and inexperience" and sometimes it is "Budke left the cupboards bare" and sometimes it's both or neither, and some other excuse comes up. I don't need to hear other excuses. IMO, and the opinion of others (not that it makes us correct) there is only one reason for what ails us most: Chris Long.

IMO, and I almost always use that abbreviation, IMO there is one consistent weakness in all of this. And as a fan, and that is all I am to the Techster program, a fan, I just don't see the point in shutting up. Your comparison in another post to Notre Dame is a good one, but ND has some things we don't have: Leadership that is willing to do a true national search for the best candidate, lots of extra money, and a national support base.

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Frown Re: KB

Quote Originally Posted by fanfromafar View Post
    Yep, MG, there is a karmic irony at work when KB's Okie State team THROTTLES Oklahoma on the same night the Techsters are DESTROYED at HOME by Boise.

And for those who will say KB is in the past, you're right. He has nothing to do with the Techsters now. But, he is winning. We're not.
    I guess I just CAN'T let the "fact" that the shape the Techster program is in is all Budke's fault for using too many JUCO's; thus leaving the "cupboard bare" for poor CL. I just went to the OSU website & their current roster consists of 5 JUCO's & 1 transfer so ya think we should email them w/a warning of what that KB is doing to their program?? Let's see - they're 14-1 & now ranked #18 ( what's OUR ranking again?? Oh, yeah. WE'RE not even in the "others receiving votes" category!! ) plus they just knocked off the #6 team in the country by almost 20 points so OBVIOUSLY he can NOT coach those damn worthless JUCO's!! They also beat Fresno State @ Fresno by 14 points & how'd WE fare against Fresno State @ their place?? We lost by 23 points!! Sure am glad we're building for the long ( no pun intended - PLEASE!! ) haul. Funny thing is that since KB has been at OSU he went 6-22 w/5 JUCO's & 1 transfer ( in his first year there ) then 20-11 ( 7 JUCO - 0 x-fers ) in his second year ( last year ) PLUS they made it to the NCAA's for the first time since 1996 while WE went where????? Oh, yeah - LONG turned down the WNIT after we couldn't qualify for the Big Dance for the first time ever!!
    Yep, I see now that it's ALL Budke's fault!! The BASTARD!!
    Last edited by Mean Gene; 01-14-2008 at 11:32 PM. Reason: add info

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mean Gene View Post
    I guess I just CAN'T let the "fact" that the shape the Techster program is in is all Budke's fault for using too many JUCO's; thus leaving the "cupboard bare" for poor CL. I just went to the OSU website & their current roster consists of 5 JUCO's & 1 transfer so ya think we should email them w/a warning of what that KB is doing to their program?? Let's see - they're 14-1 & now ranked #18 ( what's OUR ranking again?? Oh, yeah. WE'RE not even in the "others receiving votes" category!! ) plus they just knocked off the #6 team in the country by almost 20 points so OBVIOUSLY he can NOT coach those damn worthless JUCO's!! They also beat Fresno State @ Fresno by 14 points & how'd WE fare against Fresno State @ their place?? We lost by 23 points!! Sure am glad we're building for the long ( no pun intended - PLEASE!! ) haul. Funny thing is that since KB has been at OSU he went 6-22 w/5 JUCO's & 1 transfer ( in his first year there ) then 20-11 ( 7 JUCO - 0 x-fers ) in his second year ( last year ) PLUS they made it to the NCAA's for the first time since 1996 while WE went where????? Oh, yeah - LONG turned down the WNIT after we couldn't qualify for the Big Dance for the first time ever!!
    Yep, I see now that it's ALL Budke's fault!! The BASTARD!!
    I wonder if we can turn down the conference tournament if we're not one of the top 3 seeds? Has that ever been done before?

As far as Budke goes, I think most people, initially, didn't think he couldn't coach. I think they just transferred their anger with him to that position when it seemed obvious he "didn't" coach in his final game in the NCAAs when it seemed like we could have done fairly well that year, but he was ready to make his early exit.

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Thumbs Up Re: KB

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    I wonder if we can turn down the conference tournament if we're not one of the top 3 seeds? Has that ever been done before?

As far as Budke goes, I think most people, initially, didn't think he couldn't coach. I think they just transferred their anger with him to that position when it seemed obvious he "didn't" coach in his final game in the NCAAs when it seemed like we could have done fairly well that year, but he was ready to make his early exit.
    D/D - To answer your first question, I'm not certain that we'll even be IN the top 3 seedings!!

For #2, honesty puts me in that group except that I had decided that KB couldn't coach before he mailed in his last performance in the NCAA's. I based that on observations that he didn't seem to be able to adjust his offense & defense in mid-game to compensate for what the opponent was doing ( or could be attacked upon ). Given the fact that our current HC can't adjust PRE-SEASON to the players HE recruited to fill that "bare cupboard" KB left ( hey - if others around here keep throwing that phrase in my & FFA's face ( therefore not letting THAT go ) then I AIN'T gonna let the fact that KB CAN coach go!!! ) I now LONG ( pun INTENDED!! ) for those days!!
    Last edited by Mean Gene; 01-15-2008 at 08:33 AM. Reason: Add comment

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mean Gene View Post
    D/D - To answer your first question, I'm not certain that we'll even be IN the top 3 seedings!!

For #2, honesty puts me in that group except that I had decided that KB couldn't coach before he mailed in his last performance in the NCAA's. I based that on observations that he didn't seem to be able to adjust his offense & defense in mid-game to compensate for what the opponent was doing ( or could be attacked upon ). Given the fact that our current HC can't adjust PRE-SEASON to the players HE recruited to fill that "bare cupboard" KB left ( hey - if others around here keep throwing that phrase in my & FFA's face ( therefore not letting THAT go ) then I AIN'T gonna let the fact that KB CAN coach go!!! ) I now LONG ( pun INTENDED!! ) for those days!!
    That's why I added if we're not in the top 3 seeds. I don't see it happening either.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh ye of little faith... We will get stronger and start getting the job done. We just got off to a really bad start. NMSU is next. We should be 2-2 after that. Fresno will start losing on the road. We will get Boise at their place just like last year. It will be a race to the finish line.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Actually, now that I look at NMSU's record, they might be the one to beat in the WAC this year. They are doing very well and have already beat Boise. I think they have 3 losses total for the year - 2 to UTEP and one close one to University of New Mexico. They are on a hot streak now.

Big Grin Re: KB

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Actually, now that I look at NMSU's record, they might be the one to beat in the WAC this year. They are doing very well and have already beat Boise. I think they have 3 losses total for the year - 2 to UTEP and one close one to University of New Mexico. They are on a hot streak now.
    Oh, SH**!!!!!!!!!!!

Champ LT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the rough

Re: Boise thread

NMSU has played no ranked teams and has still managed to lose 3. I sure hope we're not scared of them.
    ________
    CandyCumz
    Last edited by LT; 05-05-2011 at 01:09 AM.

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by LT View Post
    NMSU has played no ranked teams and has still managed to lose 3. I sure hope we're not scared of them.
    We have played 2 ranked teams and managed to lose 9. Maybe we should fear them just enough to actually get UP for this game. The underdog mentality might work, at least give it a try since nothing else seems to work.

Quote Originally Posted by fanfromafar View Post
    We have played 2 ranked teams and managed to lose 9. Maybe we should fear them just enough to actually get UP for this game. The underdog mentality might work, at least give it a try since nothing else seems to work.
    No kidding. It amazes me that with the number ass whippins we've gotten by non ranked teams, that anyone would suggest us not to be scared of another team, especially on with a winning record.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    No kidding. It amazes me that with the number ass whippins we've gotten by non ranked teams, that anyone would suggest us not to be scared of another team, especially on with a winning record.
    I agree

+ Reply to Thread