+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Boise thread

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

Re: Boise thread

Quote Originally Posted by RealityCheck View Post
    The Nixon issue is resolved...she asked for a release and it was granted.
    I know, as does anyone who listened to or watched the game. The point was this: two years, players leaving, insider fighting, turmoil, losses, dragging the program into the mud....what more is allowed before someone realizes it's time for a new coach?

Varsity Bulldog techfan4life has turned a few heads around heretechfan4life has turned a few heads around here

Just got back from the game. Boy, was that ugly. Out coached, out offensed, out defensed, out everything. Other than the obvious that this team needs, and no one has mentioned is that we need a true point guard. And I don't really care how tall she is. As long as she knows how to run the floor and has the confidence to shoot the ball. A girl with some smarts more so than athletic ability. Don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to take anything away from any of the players, and don't mean them any disrespect. But just watching this team, we need someone like a Sue Bird, a Dawn Staley, a Kim Mulkey. The girls just seem lost out there, and they need a leader on the floor, who is normally the point guard.

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by techfan4life View Post
    Just got back from the game. Boy, was that ugly. Out coached, out offensed, out defensed, out everything. Other than the obvious that this team needs, and no one has mentioned is that we need a true point guard. And I don't really care how tall she is. As long as she knows how to run the floor and has the confidence to shoot the ball. A girl with some smarts more so than athletic ability. Don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to take anything away from any of the players, and don't mean them any disrespect. But just watching this team, we need someone like a Sue Bird, a Dawn Staley, a Kim Mulkey. The girls just seem lost out there, and they need a leader on the floor, who is normally the point guard.
    Before someone says "Whitney was that leader" I'll add the following: with all the guards he recruited, and that's ALL he recruited, there should be leadership somewhere else. If not, then again, it's another failure of Long's.

Champ beaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

i think this coach is going to have to release alot of players. I think they are realizing that they made a mistake by thinking Long knew what he was doing. This team is beyond coachable by him anymore. It doesn't appear that they want to play for him

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

KB

Guys - I'm really sorry to throw this out there but just in case those people who said that KB couldn't coach & that OSU hadn't beaten anyone this year. Take a look at the final score of today's matchup w/#6 ranked Oklahoma ( OSU-82 Okla - 63 )
    As far as the Techsters go - I'm outta here until Long is gone!!

'Bye, my 'Dawg brothers & sisters!!

Gene

Re: KB

Quote Originally Posted by Mean Gene View Post
    Guys - I'm really sorry to throw this out there but just in case those people who said that KB couldn't coach & that OSU hadn't beaten anyone this year. Take a look at the final score of today's matchup w/#6 ranked Oklahoma ( OSU-82 Okla - 63 )

Gene
    Yep, MG, there is a karmic irony at work when KB's Okie State team THROTTLES Oklahoma on the same night the Techsters are DESTROYED at HOME by Boise.

And for those who will say KB is in the past, you're right. He has nothing to do with the Techsters now. But, he is winning. We're not.

Puppy Shock Troop is an unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Mean Gene View Post

Gene
    About the Techsters, I'm with you Mean Gene!!! I'm outta here until Long is gong!!! What a waste of time to watch such horrible performances. I know for a fact a few other players have asked to be released so we'll see what happens. Hope they will have some players left when Long finishes. :bigcry:

Quote Originally Posted by Shock Troop View Post
    About the Techsters, I'm with you Mean Gene!!! I'm outta here until Long is gong!!! What a waste of time to watch such horrible performances. I know for a fact a few other players have asked to be released so we'll see what happens. Hope they will have some players left when Long finishes. :bigcry:
    Wow, if that is accurate (a few other players asking to be released) then it's actually worse than even I thought it could be.

If that's the situation, then the walls are about to come a-tumblin' down.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

If some of you want to leave, PLEASE leave. If you are a true fan, I hope you stick around, though. It is frustrating, but when you start to win again, it is all worth it - much more so than if you give up during the hard times.

Brag on Budke all you want, but he won with Barmore's players - check it out. He left us with NOTHING. His 4 year players should be Seniors this year. We have Levingston as the only 4 year senior. Rebuilding a team is tough work. He had to start bringing in top talent from high school to a team with no team leadership - no one to learn from. Unless you are one of the top 5 players in the country, you just can't jump in as a freshman and change the direction of a program. I gave Long time to get through last years mess of a team and get some new blood in the program. I am not about to give up on him now. Freshmen have to learn how to compete in D1 bball. Ours haven't learned yet. They will, though, and I will be there supporting them.

I went to the game and am still out of town. That is why I haven't posted much. The deal with Nixon needed to happen. It needed to happen earlier, actually, but I am glad she is finally gone.

Tough times and the game was NOT fun for me, but I am a true blue Tech fan and will stand by this team. I may mutter things under my breath and I may not always be as supportive as I should be - especially after a night like this - but I will try my best not to get so discouraged that I leave. This program gave and gave for 25 years. Maybe we should take a little time to give back to it now that it needs us.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, and before some of you state that I am just a Long supporter, please know all of your details. If you don't, you can email me off the board.

For now, though, I am headed to bed. Been enough stress just being at the game tonight. Think I will get a little sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    If some of you want to leave, PLEASE leave. If you are a true fan, I hope you stick around, though. It is frustrating, but when you start to win again, it is all worth it - much more so than if you give up during the hard times.

Brag on Budke all you want, but he won with Barmore's players - check it out. He left us with NOTHING. His 4 year players should be Seniors this year. We have Levingston as the only 4 year senior. Rebuilding a team is tough work. He had to start bringing in top talent from high school to a team with no team leadership - no one to learn from. Unless you are one of the top 5 players in the country, you just can't jump in as a freshman and change the direction of a program. I gave Long time to get through last years mess of a team and get some new blood in the program. I am not about to give up on him now. Freshmen have to learn how to compete in D1 bball. Ours haven't learned yet. They will, though, and I will be there supporting them.

I went to the game and am still out of town. That is why I haven't posted much. The deal with Nixon needed to happen. It needed to happen earlier, actually, but I am glad she is finally gone.

Tough times and the game was NOT fun for me, but I am a true blue Tech fan and will stand by this team. I may mutter things under my breath and I may not always be as supportive as I should be - especially after a night like this - but I will try my best not to get so discouraged that I leave. This program gave and gave for 25 years. Maybe we should take a little time to give back to it now that it needs us.

Yes, Champ, he won with Barmore's recruits. But he still won. And he is winning now, and turned around a program that was NON-EXISTANT into a nationally recognized program. But that is irrelevant, isn't it? LONG HAS HAD THREE FREAKING YEARS. HE WON WITH BUDKE'S RECRUITS IN THE FIRST SEASON. HIS RECRUITS HAVE YET TO WIN ANYTHING SIGNIFICANT.

Stand by Long. He needs someone to. I'm not as big of a fan as you, as loyal as you, as close by as you, as BLUE as you, nor am I as loyal as you....to LONG. That said, I drove to freakin' FRESNO last year to see the team, because that was as close as they were going to be for me to see them with my schedule. I listen when the time zone difference allows, and watch under the same circumstances. I was there in Memorial Gym back in the day, and when the Techsters used to live in the top 25, I bought that crappy paper USA TODAY every Tuesday to read about the top 25 teams as the Techsters were almost always mentioned.

Sometimes, SOME TRUE FANS feel it is their only way to show their disappointment and frustration by not showing up and spending dollars for something that isn't working.

As loyal as you are is as angry as I am. And as tough as it is for you to hear some of us whining, complaining and screaming for Long's removal, it is equally as difficult for some of us to hear "stand by him" and "keep supporting" and "it will get better." I never suggest that you stop supporting Long. That is your right. I simply see him as the central reason for the failure of the program.

03 Levingston, Nastassj * 6-13 3-6 2-2 0 2 2 3 17 0 1 0 1 34
    14 Wysinger, Tarkeisha. * 3-12 0-2 4-7 6 1 7 2 10 2 4 0 3 34
    22 Pringle, Tiawana.... * 2-13 1-9 0-0 0 3 3 3 5 3 0 0 0 38
    23 Sneed, JoKeirra..... * 3-7 0-0 5-8 4 6 10 1 11 1 5 0 1 32
    33 Johnson, Adrienne... * 1-2 1-1 0-0 1 2 3 1 3 0 1 1 0 16
    01 Mulford, Shordy..... 1-1 1-1 0-0 0 0 0 0 3 0 0 0 0 3
    21 Warren, Keshia...... 0-0 0-0 0-0 0 0 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 8
    42 Dowdell, Shanavia... 8-17 0-1 1-4 5 3 8 2 17 0 2 4 1 27
    50 Williams, April..... 1-1 0-0 0-0 0 2 2 2 2 0 4 0 0 9
    TEAM................ 3 1 4
    Totals.............. 25-66 6-20 12-21 19 20 39 15 68 7 17 6 6 200

Quote Originally Posted by fanfromafar View Post
    Yes, Champ, he won with Barmore's recruits. But he still won. And he is winning now, and turned around a program that was NON-EXISTANT into a nationally recognized program. But that is irrelevant, isn't it? LONG HAS HAD THREE FREAKING YEARS. HE WON WITH BUDKE'S RECRUITS IN THE FIRST SEASON. HIS RECRUITS HAVE YET TO WIN ANYTHING SIGNIFICANT.

Stand by Long. He needs someone to. I'm not as big of a fan as you, as loyal as you, as close by as you, as BLUE as you, nor am I as loyal as you....to LONG. That said, I drove to freakin' FRESNO last year to see the team, because that was as close as they were going to be for me to see them with my schedule. I listen when the time zone difference allows, and watch under the same circumstances. I was there in Memorial Gym back in the day, and when the Techsters used to live in the top 25, I bought that crappy paper USA TODAY every Tuesday to read about the top 25 teams as the Techsters were almost always mentioned.

Sometimes, SOME TRUE FANS feel it is their only way to show their disappointment and frustration by not showing up and spending dollars for something that isn't working.

As loyal as you are is as angry as I am. And as tough as it is for you to hear some of us whining, complaining and screaming for Long's removal, it is equally as difficult for some of us to hear "stand by him" and "keep supporting" and "it will get better." I never suggest that you stop supporting Long. That is your right. I simply see him as the central reason for the failure of the program.

You need MUCH more information and I am not willing to give it to you on a public forum. Write me off the board if you wish. Your post above is not accurate.

Big Dog DarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really nice

Champ110 - Hang in there!!
    I am with you.....

Quote Originally Posted by DarboneDon View Post
    Champ110 - Hang in there!!
    I am with you.....
    Thanks Darbone,
    It is sure tough these days. Never have we had to endure something like this with our Techsters. We will come through it, though, and will see much brighter days again. As solid of a Tech fan as I am, it is even difficult for me. It will sure feel great on the other side, though.

+ Reply to Thread