+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TEAM AS THE WHOLE

Bulldog d-dawg has turned a few heads around hered-dawg has turned a few heads around hered-dawg has turned a few heads around here

TEAM AS THE WHOLE

PEOPLE CAN BAD MOUTH COACH LONG ALL THEY WANT BUT THE
    SIMPLE FACT IS THE COACHES CAN TEACH THEM THE PLAYS BUT
    ITS UP TO THEM TO DO THE REST .

SO I FEEL THAT COACH LONG NEED TO GET TOUGHTER

AND WE DO NOT NEED TO FIRED COACH LONG BECAUSE

ALL THE RECRUITS COMING IN WE GOING TO END UP LOSING

AND SPECIAL OUR ASS. COACH CRENSHAW WHO BRING GOOD

RECRUITS .

AND I THINK WE GOING TO HAVE A MUCH BETTER TEAM NEXT YEAR

AND WE WILL HAVE A TRUE POINT GUARD IN JASMINE BENDOLPH,

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Re: TEAM AS THE WHOLE

Quote Originally Posted by d-dawg View Post
    PEOPLE CAN BAD MOUTH COACH LONG ALL THEY WANT BUT THE
    SIMPLE FACT IS THE COACHES CAN TEACH THEM THE PLAYS BUT
    ITS UP TO THEM TO DO THE REST .

SO I FEEL THAT COACH LONG NEED TO GET TOUGHTER

AND WE DO NOT NEED TO FIRED COACH LONG BECAUSE

ALL THE RECRUITS COMING IN WE GOING TO END UP LOSING

AND SPECIAL OUR ASS. COACH CRENSHAW WHO BRING GOOD

RECRUITS .

AND I THINK WE GOING TO HAVE A MUCH BETTER TEAM NEXT YEAR

AND WE WILL HAVE A TRUE POINT GUARD IN JASMINE BENDOLPH,
    U're an idiot if U truly believe your own ALL CAPS propaganda!!
    Last edited by Mean Gene; 01-13-2008 at 02:57 PM. Reason: Add comment

Champ rphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the rough rphdawg's Avatar

You mean we don't have a true POINT GUARD on this team??

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by rphdawg View Post
    My thoughts exactly. THANK YOU COACH LONG FOR FINALLY RECRUITING A TRUE POINT GUARD. Whatever.

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Eek Re: TEAM AS THE WHOLE

Quote Originally Posted by rphdawg View Post
    U'd think with 9 of them on the roster to choose from we could find ONE!!!

"AND SPECIAL OUR ASS. COACH CRENSHAW WHO BRING GOOD"

Someone explain to ME exactly what in the Hell as "ass coach" is or does?? If it's what I think it is I vote we get Stacy Johnson back!!!
    Last edited by Mean Gene; 01-13-2008 at 08:59 PM. Reason: Add comment

Bulldog D_dubb has turned a few heads around hereD_dubb has turned a few heads around here D_dubb's Avatar

Yeah Coach Long and Staff can only teach them. But he is the one who subs them in and out. Nine on the roster, more like 12 now I think, and they don't have just one. Only one guard has a positive assist to turnover ratio, but is she playing? I will let d-dawg answer that one!

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by D_dubb View Post
    Yeah Coach Long and Staff can only teach them. But he is the one who subs them in and out. Nine on the roster, more like 12 now I think, and they don't have just one. Only one guard has a positive assist to turnover ratio, but is she playing? I will let d-dawg answer that one!
    D dubb,
    You obviously know more about the team dynamics than I do, but from what I've seen and read about, I have to agree with you. It does seem as if certain players are kept in the game even when they consistently turn over the ball and disrupt the attempt at any offensive flow.

The guard you reference above, Shordy, doesn't get much play time, but the few times I've seen her play (online, not in person) she appears to me to be a "true" point guard. She actually reminds me of some former Techsters with her spunk and attitude.

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

We might be better next year if we have a better coach. Long has taken this team to the depths. I have been pretty critical of what Budke did to the Techsters, but the damage he did was almost inconsequential compared to the last two years. Long has to go.

Bulldog D_dubb has turned a few heads around hereD_dubb has turned a few heads around here D_dubb's Avatar

1 for fanfromafar. Shordy is a true point guard and the best post entry passer on that team. Yes she needs to slow down sometimes and be a bit more under control, but she can't do any worse in my book. I love basketball and the biggest mistake of my life was not going on and playing ball on the college level , and that is why I am so passionate about basketball and the girls on this team that I know on more of a personal level. I just hope this program gets back on top and soon.

Champ beaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Better get on a REAL nation wide search because this program may be sinking beyond repair if he stays even one more year. Sorry Champ, that's just the way it is. The Boise team was sinking around the post. What post? and if that is the case why can't all the 11 guards he recruited find open shots? And on defense. leaving Boise guards unguarded for layups. That is all bad coaching.

"I felt like Boise's experience showed at times," Long said. "They were a little better than us in every phase of the game. We had 19 offensive rebounds, which is good, but they had 22. They made three more 3s and they had 10 more rebounds." Chris Long, following Tech's loss to Boise State on Saturday

He FELT like their experience showed...AT TIMES? He should have said "they wiped the floor with us." That would have been an accurate statement.

The only things he SHOULD FEEL are responsibility and embarrassment. I remember Barmore AND Budke both accepting the blame when the Techsters would get blown out...which was a rare occasion. We are getting consistently blown out now, and on our home court.

If Long's perception of the ridiculous loss on Saturday is that Boise's experience showed "at times," then I am even more concerned about how low this program will go. He sounds like someone who has a sense of entitlement to win and just can't wrap his head around why his team is losing.

It is going to take years to rebuild this.

Champ LT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the rough

and remember CL's Lady Techsters are too good to play in the WNIT
    ________
    The cigar boss
    Last edited by LT; 05-05-2011 at 01:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LT View Post
    and remember CL's Lady Techsters are too good to play in the WNIT
    Right LT! I think he missed a great opportunity to really get to know these girls playing styles and heart for this team. He could have used that time to play the kids coming back that he knew he was going to play like Jo, April, TP, Tub, Bean and get them some more experience. If the seniors that year didn't want to play in the WNIT well sit them on the bench and let them watch. After a while that would wear on them and they would want to. You can't coach next years team in pre-season and in-season, but when you get to post-season that is your chance if you really have to.

Puppy truefan07 is an unknown truefan07's Avatar

1st of all the WNIT was not any of the players decision get that in your head before you have people thinking that the decision was made by the graduating seniors. No a single word was brought up to the senior nor the younger players! The coaches made that decision way before the team even made it to the airport and it wasn't just CL it was the staff as a whole!

And yes, he could have went on to let the team play in the WNIT the way you call it, just so he could see the same results that he is getting now from the team that he was always looking forward to coach. In my opinion you can not keep looking forward to next year ever single year that goes by! You need to focus on the team that you have now and try to develop them but at the same time mix the young in the process. The WNIT could have helped at least 2 of the player make it to the next level! But for a coach to sit back and wait until next years team and let yet another disappointing year go buy it crazy.

EVERYONE ON HERE INCLUDING MYSELF (D_DUBB), THE DECISION TO NOT GO TO THE WNIT WAS NOT MADE BY THE SENIORS FROM LAST YEARS TEAM, IT WAS MADE BY THE HEAD COACH CL AND STAFF, BEFORE THEY WENT TO THE HOTEL, AIRPORT, AFTER FALLING TO NEW MEXICO STATE IN THE TOURNEY.

Right, you need to focus on the team you have NOW, and not on the one you will have next year or in the next years. Again I will agree with you not doing all you can to help your players get to the next level, is not a great decision as a coach. Cause that can come back to bite you in the end.

+ Reply to Thread