+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bye bye, 'Boys

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Re: Bye bye, 'Boys

Guys lets not turn this into another one of those threads. Both sides have PLENTY of ammunition.

Champ DAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond repute DAWG DUDE's Avatar

I'm disappointed on how the Cowboys finished. They started off playing like men on a mission, and ended like wussies.

TO really impressed me all year with how he conducted himself. I thought the press conference tonight was how he really felt. You can tell he loves it in the big D.

Champ deadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to behold deadawg's Avatar

Well, I just got home from the game and have to admit I am very dissapointed. This loss was a team effort. No one played well enough win and they got what they deserved. Romo was under fire all second half but he made some bad decisions out of the pocket, once taking a sack and the other one was the grounding. All he had to do was throw it away and keep it managable. I agree it wasn't all Romo's fault but he should take just as much blame as the OL.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

TO and Randy Moss were both pretty well behaved this year, but both of them were on winning teams. Anytime adversity pops up and the team hits a losing streak, that's when their attitudes change.

I agree that Romo doesn't deserve a lot of heat for this game. He played pretty well, and who can blame a guy for taking Jessica Simpson with him to Cabo? I would have done the same thing if I had the chance. Witten was down there also, and no one is complaining about him. Besides, if he had been with any woman besides Jessica Simpson, we wouldn't even be talking about it.

I just found it terribly ironic that TO teared up defending his QB, when he has bashed every other QB he has ever had, with the exception of Steve Young. I'm sure Donovan enjoyed it. (and the Eagles are idiots if they let Donovan get away).

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

HOW BOUT THEM COWBOYS! And TO :bigcry:

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    You're allright TT. I appreciate you being nice but the Cowboys deserve whatever they get this week and offseason. I just think the criticism Romo will get is gonna be unfair. He wasn't perfect but it's hard to be effective when you are on your back every play.

I wouldn't be shocked if Jones fires Phillips and hires Garrett this offseason. Wouldn't be shocked at all.
    I agree about Romo. The problems in this game included stupid penalties, lousy blocking, dropped passes and poor tackling--with a side of inability to cover receivers. That they came close to winning the game is mostly on the shoulders of Romo and Barber. That was one of the worst performances by a Cowboy team I've ever seen.

Wonder what will happen around Garrett. Jones doesn't want him to leave, I suspect. You may be right there.

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

Unless LT comes back healthy next week, I don't think there's any chance at all of derailing the New England express. If they were playing in bad weather and LT could carry the ball about 35 times, the Chargers might have a chance. With him hurt, there's no one left who has a hope of beating them.

My early Super Bowl prediction: New England 42 Green Bay 28 -- ironically, not far off of what happened in Favre's first trip, just backwards.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Okay, I'll say it. Jessica prepared Romo for three quarters, but his temperment blew him away in the fourth.

The Cowboys were totally unprepared mentally to play a tough fourth quarter.

A couple of penaties destroyed their momentum and championship teams don't let that happen to themselves.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ atobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to all atobulldog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    Yeah but contrary to what Atobulldog thinks this wasn't Romo's fault. The OL needs to take a long look at themsleves in the mirror this offseason. They really blew it. Coach Phillips deserves a lot of heat too. I think Romo did fine considering the circumstances. TO was on his best behavior this year. I have no complaints with him either. I doubt Donovan is laughing about anything. He's feeling a lot of heat right now up in Philly.
    Sorry 13, you miss read my post.

Answer this, what is the great Tony Romo's post season record? You assumed that I was placing blame on him. I was simply pointing out that he did not win the game. Yes there were other factors such as the O line desintegrating in the 4th quarter. I was just smiling because Romo's team lost, plain and simple.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

The OL for the Boys played well the first half, but Giants changed their game plan and started bringing the house. I blame playcalling too or maybe it was Romo, but they did not hit one hot route the whole second half and the Giants were bringing 6 or 7 at times. Then, after they got to Romo a few times with heavy blitzes, the D End's started working the Boy's line with just a 4 man rush. I really think those long drives (at the end of the first half and beginning of the 2nd half) had them big boys worked over, they had looked good up until the last long drive, then it was downhill from there. Also, what happened to the running game in the second half? Crayton and Fasano each had a huge drop, Crayton's might have been a huge gain given his ability and Fasano's was at the goal line. I think the Boys got a little too pass happy after Ross went down because they thought they could pass on them easily (which probably should have been the case). It was definitely a team loss IMO.

I also thought the Giants tried to give the game to them at the end. They played very gutless in trying to hold on to the win. They are lucky that the Cowboys couldnt execute at the end because they would have deserved to lose after those last 2 weak three and outs where if you get a first down, you can nearly clinch the game.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg View Post
    The OL for the Boys played well the first half, but Giants changed their game plan and started bringing the house. I blame playcalling too or maybe it was Romo, but they did not hit one hot route the whole second half and the Giants were bringing 6 or 7 at times. Then, after they got to Romo a few times with heavy blitzes, the D End's started working the Boy's line with just a 4 man rush. I really think those long drives (at the end of the first half and beginning of the 2nd half) had them big boys worked over, they had looked good up until the last long drive, then it was downhill from there. Also, what happened to the running game in the second half? Crayton and Fasano each had a huge drop, Crayton's might have been a huge gain given his ability and Fasano's was at the goal line. I think the Boys got a little too pass happy after Ross went down because they thought they could pass on them easily (which probably should have been the case). It was definitely a team loss IMO.

I also thought the Giants tried to give the game to them at the end. They played very gutless in trying to hold on to the win. They are lucky that the Cowboys couldnt execute at the end because they would have deserved to lose after those last 2 weak three and outs where if you get a first down, you can nearly clinch the game.
    I agree with your last paragraph. Coughlin swallowed his gonads at the end and played not to lose rather than playing to win.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

I will say that I actually like a few of the Cowboy players (Romo is fun to watch and Barber is an old school smash mouth runner), but I absolutely loved the look on Jerry Jones' face when they lost. He is such an arrogant prick. It truly made me smile when I saw his face.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg View Post
    I will say that I actually like a few of the Cowboy players (Romo is fun to watch and Barber is an old school smash mouth runner), but I absolutely loved the look on Jerry Jones' face when they lost. He is such an arrogant prick. It truly made me smile when I saw his face.
    That was the highlight of the day for me. I could not believe he was standing right next to Phillips during the 4th quarter. I don't see how he can find a coach to put up with that crap.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by atobulldog View Post
    Sorry 13, you miss read my post.

Answer this, what is the great Tony Romo's post season record? You assumed that I was placing blame on him. I was simply pointing out that he did not win the game. Yes there were other factors such as the O line desintegrating in the 4th quarter. I was just smiling because Romo's team lost, plain and simple.
    His postseason record is irrelevant after only 1 and 1/2 years.

What I am pointing out is it isn't his job to win the game. It's the entire teams job. The o-line disinegrated long before the 4th quarter. They disinegrated several games ago. The big runs Barber made in the first half weren't due to big holes the line opened up for him. They were due to him bouncing away from the line after he saw no holes for him. I would also point out again that he has been a starting QB for about 1 1/2 seasons. WAY too early to be pointing out his record in the playoffs. What was Peyton Mannings record in the playoffs after 1 1/2 years?? What was Troy Aikmans record?? Obviously I could go on and on. Yet you are pointing out Romo's record after 1 1/2 years as a starter? You are just trying to push buttons. Either that or you are an idiot. So let's just go with you are trying to push Cowboys fans buttons because no QB is judged on his post season record after 1 1/2 seasons of being a starter when you are an undrafted free agent from a 1AA school. So have fun. I hope whatever team you pull for is doing well in the post season right now.
    Last edited by Bigdog13; 01-14-2008 at 01:08 PM.

+ Reply to Thread