+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bye bye, 'Boys

Varsity Bulldog Dallasbb is just really niceDallasbb is just really niceDallasbb is just really niceDallasbb is just really niceDallasbb is just really niceDallasbb is just really niceDallasbb is just really niceDallasbb is just really niceDallasbb is just really niceDallasbb is just really niceDallasbb is just really nice Dallasbb's Avatar

Re: Bye bye, 'Boys

Man o man it's glum around Dallas today...and rightly so. What a heartbreak of a loss. I'm a big time Saints fan but I've always liked Wade Phillips and I hated to see him lose this one. I think some of the Cowboy players were guilty of what some of the Saints players were guilty of (after their 0-4 start) and that's believing their own headlines. I don't think any of them, to a man, seriously thought NY would come in here and beat them. That they were a team of destiny. And just like that the season is over. My hats off to the Cowboys great season but this one will sting for a while. Hang tough. And for what it's worth, I think GB whips NY. If NY goes in limping with a patchwork secondary (which is most like the case), Favre is going to shred them.

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

you can bet the chargers will do everything they can to beat the pats. not sure if they have the guns left.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dallasbb View Post
    Man o man it's glum around Dallas today...and rightly so. What a heartbreak of a loss. I'm a big time Saints fan but I've always liked Wade Phillips and I hated to see him lose this one. I think some of the Cowboy players were guilty of what some of the Saints players were guilty of (after their 0-4 start) and that's believing their own headlines. I don't think any of them, to a man, seriously thought NY would come in here and beat them. That they were a team of destiny. And just like that the season is over. My hats off to the Cowboys great season but this one will sting for a while. Hang tough. And for what it's worth, I think GB whips NY. If NY goes in limping with a patchwork secondary (which is most like the case), Favre is going to shred them.
    That is what pissed me off the most about the Saints this year and Sean Payton is as much to blame as anybody. After going 0-4, you get to 4-4, so you come out talking smack about how you think you can easily go 12-4 given the remainder of your schedule. Now, i want the team to believe they can and will win every game, but dont come out and say it so matter of factly as if it is a given. Then, go out and lose to the damn Rams. You are spot on, they got too busy thinking that they were just going to show up and people would bow down to them.

I dont know if the Cowboys did that, I think they just kind of sleepwalked through the last part of the season, of course that could have been because they were told how great they were all season. You could see the disbelief in their faces after the loss, it was as if they were told that winning was a guarantee and losing wasnt an option.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

I was listed among the Cowboy haters in my younger days. Now I'm a Cowboys fan. My sister moved out there, we spent some time out there, got to go to some games, sit in the luxury boxes... it just happened; never thought it would.

My sister has given my son Cowboy gear all his life, so he's a Cowboys fan. He was very depressed last night.

I thought poor protection of Romo and poor tackling cost the Cowboys the game.
    Last edited by Tech77; 01-14-2008 at 02:48 PM.

Champ atobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to all atobulldog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    His postseason record is irrelevant after only 1 and 1/2 years.

What I am pointing out is it isn't his job to win the game. It's the entire teams job. The o-line disinegrated long before the 4th quarter. They disinegrated several games ago. The big runs Barber made in the first half weren't due to big holes the line opened up for him. They were due to him bouncing away from the line after he saw no holes for him. I would also point out again that he has been a starting QB for about 1 1/2 seasons. WAY too early to be pointing out his record in the playoffs. What was Peyton Mannings record in the playoffs after 1 1/2 years?? What was Troy Aikmans record?? Obviously I could go on and on. Yet you are pointing out Romo's record after 1 1/2 years as a starter? You are just trying to push buttons. Either that or you are an idiot. So let's just go with you are trying to push Cowboys fans buttons because no QB is judged on his post season record after 1 1/2 seasons of being a starter when you are an undrafted free agent from a 1AA school. So have fun. I hope whatever team you pull for is doing well in the post season right now.
    Who is supposed to lead the team? I think a look at his record is pretty relevant when you are getting paid $30 million garunteed. It is his job to control the offense and manage the game that is the QB job descrition around the league. No it is not his fault on some play calls or that he is inexperienced or that he was undrafted or that he didn't come from a D-1A school or that some of the hopes of the Cowboy's future lays on his shoulders. Quit making excuses for him and accept this simple point, he did not win the game. He didn't lose it by him self but he did not win the game.

I apologize for not watching the colapse of the Cowboy O line for the past few games, I really didn't care one way or the other the only game I caught was clips of the Philly disaster. I am a Saints fan and make no attempt to hide it and part of that is pushing the Cowboy fans' buttons. I'll ignore the idiot comment for now. This is an era of "what have you done for me lately." So are contending that Peyton Manning and Troy Aikman weren't criticized by at least opposing fans after a few playoff losses? Anytime you are being paid, especially millions of dollars, immediate results matter.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg View Post
    That is what pissed me off the most about the Saints this year and Sean Payton is as much to blame as anybody. .
    I'm PO'd at Sean Peyton because of his 2007 Draft and free agency. What a BUST after a truly great one in 2006. We need defense in the worst way and DB's BIG TIME. I don't care how they do it but belly up to the bar and get it done.

Administrator AustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to behold AustinDawg's Avatar

On Dallas' last drive that they failed to score on, Romo had a guy in the end zone with a step on his man, only to overthrow him. Romo may not have single-handedly lost the game, but he DID have a chance to win it, and failed to do so.

And that is coming from a Cowboys fan.

Champ DAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond repute DAWG DUDE's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AustinDawg View Post
    On Dallas' last drive that they failed to score on, Romo had a guy in the end zone with a step on his man, only to overthrow him. Romo may not have single-handedly lost the game, but he DID have a chance to win it, and failed to do so.

And that is coming from a Cowboys fan.
    Crayton was open, slowed down, the ball was thrown, and he could catch up to it.
    Crayton should've never slowed down in the first place.

Champ DAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond repute DAWG DUDE's Avatar

And why are Saints fans talking crap about the Cowboys? Just wondering.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by atobulldog View Post
    Who is supposed to lead the team? I think a look at his record is pretty relevant when you are getting paid $30 million garunteed. It is his job to control the offense and manage the game that is the QB job descrition around the league. No it is not his fault on some play calls or that he is inexperienced or that he was undrafted or that he didn't come from a D-1A school or that some of the hopes of the Cowboy's future lays on his shoulders. Quit making excuses for him and accept this simple point, he did not win the game. He didn't lose it by him self but he did not win the game.

I apologize for not watching the colapse of the Cowboy O line for the past few games, I really didn't care one way or the other the only game I caught was clips of the Philly disaster. I am a Saints fan and make no attempt to hide it and part of that is pushing the Cowboy fans' buttons. I'll ignore the idiot comment for now. This is an era of "what have you done for me lately." So are contending that Peyton Manning and Troy Aikman weren't criticized by at least opposing fans after a few playoff losses? Anytime you are being paid, especially millions of dollars, immediate results matter.
    It is a team game. Teams win and lose games not individual players. It's the coaches job to lead the team and the QB's job to execute. Romo wasn't perfect, he missed TO on a TD pass but he also had 1 possible TD and 1 sure TD pass thrown right on the money only to be dropped or the route broken off early by Crayton. He was also on his back way more than a QB should be that is expected to be succesfull.

The he didn't win the game comment is off base because it applies to all 5 OL-men, Barber, TO, Crayton, Whitten, all 11 men on defense and the special teams who played just terribly.

And no I never, ever, (and I really follow the NFL ) ,ever heard anyone talking about Manning or Aikmans playoff record this early in their career. That kind of criticism is reserved for haters on message boards.

I would criticize your Saints play in their playoff game but I missed it and never caught the score so I can't comment. How did they do?

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DAWG DUDE View Post
    Crayton was open, slowed down, the ball was thrown, and he could catch up to it.
    Crayton should've never slowed down in the first place.
    Everyone on ESPN Radio and the Ticket today were wondering why Crayton stopped. Even coach Phillips who was way too easy on his team said Crayton blew a sure TD. That wasn't an overthrow. Although he is correct about Romo throwing the ball over TO's head on that one play.

If I am making excuses for Romo than maybe I am biased towards QB's because I would be making the same excuses for any QB in the league who was getting the piss poor protection that Romo got.
    Last edited by Bigdog13; 01-14-2008 at 08:41 PM.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    If I am making excuses for Romo than maybe I am biased towards QB's because I would be making the same excuses for any QB in the league who was getting the piss poor protection that Romo got.
    While I agree, I think that Eli Manning had far worse pass protection Sunday vs Romo. It's how they conducted themselves under the stress that mattered most IMHO. Romo lost it and his cool. Eli came of age in the later 4+ games of the season (won 9 in a row road games now) . Just a thought.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    OK.. I was going to be classy and not going to post or say anything.
    Sorry Bigdog13. I didn't start it. :icon_wink:

BUTTTTTTTTTTT........ that scene with Jerry Jones standing and standing and standing, on the sideline long after the clock ran out with his arms crossed, was PRICELESS!!!
    I agree! I loved that.

BTW, um, when's the last time the boyz won a playoff game?

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    While I agree, I think that Eli Manning had far worse pass protection Sunday vs Romo. It's how they conducted themselves under the stress that mattered most IMHO. Romo lost it and his cool. Eli came of age in the later 4+ games of the season (won 9 in a row road games now) . Just a thought.
    Wow Tyler, what game did you watch? I have to disagree with you there. I can only wish that Eli were under even remotely similar pressure. I couldn't diagree with you more. It wasn't even close. You can't go on just sacks alone, Romo was on his back on almost every pass play whether he completed it or not he was getting hot. He was running for his life. The Giants owe this one to their D and outstanding special teams play. Their offense only gained around 50 yards the entire second half. Their D played great. Kudos to them.

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    I agree! I loved that.

BTW, um, when's the last time the boyz won a playoff game?
    When was the last time the Saints won a super bowl?

Funny all you Cowboy haters were awfully quiet before last night. Now you are coming out of the woodwork. I have to hand it to you though. Your team went 7-9 in a cupcake division and you are still talking smack. Hell, I think ulm could go 7-9 in that division.

............LOL.

+ Reply to Thread