+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Bye bye, 'Boys

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Re: Bye bye, 'Boys

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg View Post
    Saints fan here...we got a long way to go. I dont want to say last year was a fluke because I loved it, but we are still 5 or 6 players away from being a very good, consistent team. However, we are in the NFC. If the Saints were in the AFC this year, we might have been 4-12, depending on our division. We might possibly need two new CB's (McKenzie might be done with that knee issue), need an MLB, need another Safety (Bullucks as bad as Chasin' David in coverage), and we could really use another WR opposite Colston (Meachem has a long ways to go if he is going to be the man). I dont know, call it the Saints fan in me, but after taking a long, hard look at this team this year, I have more questions than answers.
    I feel the same way. If the Cowboys fans wanna be real honest we aren't really a 13-3 team. Probably more like an 11-5 team. Our secondary is too easy to throw on. Roy Williams can't cover anybody. Anthony Henry is on the downside of his career. I really like the defense other than that. I think our O-Line is really over-rated. Our WR's are getting old. Marion Barber is a restricted FA. Julius Jones is a FA and I would like to see him gone anyways.

The bright side is I think we are solid at K, P,DL, TE, LB, QB, WR (aging though)

We have 2 first round draft picks. This is what I would do. We need to get a DB & WR in the first and then get an OL in the 2nd round and a backup RB and another OL in the 3rd and 4th. I would love to get DeSean Jackson out of Cal at WR/KR/PR.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

The last 4 posts on the Cowboys and Saints have been dead on! Not that my opinion counts for anything but great analysis guys.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    I feel the same way. If the Cowboys fans wanna be real honest we aren't really a 13-3 team. Probably more like an 11-5 team. Our secondary is too easy to throw on. Roy Williams can't cover anybody. Anthony Henry is on the downside of his career. I really like the defense other than that. I think our O-Line is really over-rated. Our WR's are getting old. Marion Barber is a restricted FA. Julius Jones is a FA and I would like to see him gone anyways.

The bright side is I think we are solid at K, P,DL, TE, LB, QB, WR (aging though)

We have 2 first round draft picks. This is what I would do. We need to get a DB & WR in the first and then get an OL in the 2nd round and a backup RB and another OL in the 3rd and 4th. I would love to get DeSean Jackson out of Cal at WR/KR/PR.

Yeh, it is hard to think that the WRs are getting old for Dallas because TO does not look like an aging receiver. The guy seems to keep getting better, but he is 35 right? It will be interesting to see if he can keep this up for another 4 years, which you would think that is all he has left, but you never know. Glenn is mostly done, IMO. Witten is a stud TE, which the Saints are sorely lacking. I honestly think that a good TE like Witten is key in today's offenses. They are matchup problems and they can stretch the middle of the D. I dont think Crayton will ever be a #2, but he could be.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg View Post
    Witten is a stud TE, which the Saints are sorely lacking. I honestly think that a good TE like Witten is key in today's offenses. They are matchup problems and they can stretch the middle of the D.
    For the life of me, I don't understand why Sean Peyton doesn't see that little fact. He gave a weak effort by signing TE Eric Johnson this year but we needed/need a Witten/ Tony Gonzalas type for Brees to chunk the ball toward.

Champ DrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the rough

have fun storming the castle,

think it will work?

it will take a miracle?

babye....

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrumDawg View Post

think it will work?

it will take a miracle?

babye....
    Princess Bride but why here?

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

That's a solid analysis. I wondered early in the season if they should try to package the Browns #1 with something and go for a top notch proven CB. Might have been more intriguing to people when they thought that might be a #5 pick. CB and SS are the key to making the defense very good. The OL still needs work, but it was hurt by injuries late. Need better backups, I guess. Too many of Romo's plays came when he managed to avoid the rush on his own, though. And that happened all year.

The big problem is that stud CBs aren't there at the bottom of round one very often. Maybe everyone will draft offense this year.

Quote Originally Posted by TechDawgMc View Post
    That's a solid analysis. I wondered early in the season if they should try to package the Browns #1 with something and go for a top notch proven CB. Might have been more intriguing to people when they thought that might be a #5 pick. CB and SS are the key to making the defense very good. The OL still needs work, but it was hurt by injuries late. Need better backups, I guess. Too many of Romo's plays came when he managed to avoid the rush on his own, though. And that happened all year.

The big problem is that stud CBs aren't there at the bottom of round one very often. Maybe everyone will draft offense this year.
    Yeah Cleveland really screwed the Cowboys this year. I never expected that. The good news is a lot of talent is leaving early this year so this draft should be VERY deep. I don't know if it is deep at the specific positions we need but overall it is very deep so that should help.

Quote Originally Posted by DrumDawg View Post

think it will work?

it will take a miracle?

babye....
    Nevermind. I got it and that was very funny. Good job Drumdawg.

Champ deadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to behold deadawg's Avatar

Garrett is staying!

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by deadawg View Post
    Garrett is staying!
    I would be too...3 million a year ain't chump change. Jerry really opened up the ole wallet on this one.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ rangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant future

Great analysis!! I would be super happy with one thing. GET RID OF ROY WILLIAMS!! Wow, he used to really hit people and horse collar them. Now that is illegal and he can't even tackle let alone cover!! I watched a small guy stiff arm him out of the way. He has frustrated me all year and the bloom is gone on that cat. Get him gone while you can. JUJO as well! Open up the check book for Barber and get him a good back up.

You are dead on when you say the 'Boys were truly an 11-5 team. That is still a playoff team however. I really hope someone in this off season gets with Romo and mentors him on how to be a man and handle things like a man. I love him and hope he grows out of what he is going through.

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

Has anyone seen this?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJHb9m4ccmQ

Freak'in Hilarious!

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Now that's funny!
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

+ Reply to Thread