+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anti-War Billionaire George Soros Funded Iraq Study

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Anti-War Billionaire George Soros Funded Iraq Study

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,322417,00.html

I knew that this ba$tard was behind this.
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar

Re: Anti-War Billionaire George Soros Funded Iraq Study

That whole number was ludicris. 650,000 is a lot of people. We would see dead bodies on every shot that TV would show if that were the case.

Soros is a fool.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgbitten View Post
    That whole number was ludicris. 650,000 is a lot of people. We would see dead bodies on every shot that TV would show if that were the case.

Soros is a fool.
    IMHO, the billionaire Soros is also very vindictive and hates BUSH. His overall intentions are pretty well out there as his connections to groups such as Moveon.Org, ACT and ACORN seem to be well known. His money is also said to pass through the Tides Foundation to organizations like Earth First! Not that I'm any expert on that one at all. Plus he is rumored to love instability of democracies making money during those times. He will lie, cheat and steal to make $$$ due to other folks and national problems. And, he seems to own the Clinton's as well. An interesting study indeed.

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

Soros is a fool.
    650,000 sounds accurate to me. I don't remember seeing any TV coverage of the Iraqis planting IEDs around town either.

So Soros funded 50% of the study. Maybe you expect Bloomberg to fund it? The bottom line is that the plain fact that Soros put some money into the study doesn't mean that the results are flawed.

If you think that the numbers are wrong, provide some evidence. The study was published in a respected medical journal.

BTW, it is estimated that 3 million Viet-namese died during the Viet-nam conflict.

"All roads lead to Putin" -- Thomas Jefferson

Champ randerizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the rough randerizer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by saltydawg View Post
    So Soros funded 50% of the study. ... The bottom line is that the plain fact that Soros put some money into the study doesn't mean that the results are flawed.

Is it just me, or are you guys taking the exact OPPOSITE position from what you take on the global warming debates? Replace Soros with "the oil industry" in my selection and you'll see where I'm coming from.

Incidently, I agree with Salty on this. It doesn't really matter who funds a story, especially if the funding group does not also control the review process.

I don't think the number necessarily sounds too high. I'm not sure what basis any of you would have to disagree with it, although I would be (scientifically) interested in hearing the key differences between what was reported in The Lancet and what was reported in the NEJM.

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

Some people aren't sure they have noses on their faces either!
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Champ ARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really nice ARKDAWG02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CARTEK View Post
    Some people aren't sure they have noses on their faces either!

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by randerizer View Post

Is it just me, or are you guys taking the exact OPPOSITE position from what you take on the global warming debates? Replace Soros with "the oil industry" in my selection and you'll see where I'm coming from.
    As your friend would say: Pwned.

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by randerizer View Post

Incidently, I agree with Salty on this. It doesn't really matter who funds a story, especially if the funding group does not also control the review process.

I don't think the number necessarily sounds too high. I'm not sure what basis any of you would have to disagree with it, although I would be (scientifically) interested in hearing the key differences between what was reported in The Lancet and what was reported in the NEJM.
    Haven't heard back from DB yet.

Don't see the global warming argument. The oil industry has a financial interest in suppressing the truth about global warming.

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by saltydawg View Post
    Haven't heard back from DB yet.

Don't see the global warming argument. The oil industry has a financial interest in suppressing the truth about global warming.
    Agree with your statement.

However, 650,000 is a sh*tpot full of people to die in 4 (or is 5?) years. No, I have no evidence to back that up, but I just don't see it. Maybe a maximum 25,000 a year would be a good guess.

Vietnam conflict went for over 30 years or 16 years depending on how one defines it. Big difference in body counts.

Agree with your statement.

However, 650,000 is a sh*tpot full of people to die in 4 (or is 5?) years. No, I have no evidence to back that up, but I just don't see it. Maybe a maximum 25,000 a year would be a good guess.

Vietnam conflict went for over 30 years or 16 years depending on how one defines it. Big difference in body counts.
    Interesting news story. Greenspan admits the Iraq invasion largely about oil and the number of Iraqis killed as a result of the invasion is estimated to be 1.2 million.

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/world...170237,00.html

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

Who gives a FF what Greenspan has to say? The wrinkled SOB should stay home and keep his pie hole closed.
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

+ Reply to Thread