+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tech Banner Project

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Tech Banner Project

Quote Originally Posted by Tech78 View Post
    Update: 84 banners were picked up and delivered to the city for installation. The city indicated that work may begin this week (2/4). Would appreciate any of the Ruston BBB'ers posting once one is spotted.

Clearance from DOTD has been received to put them on I-20. A set of banners have been ordered - don't know the exact number.

I am picking up a banner on Thursday and plan on displaying it at the Tech / Boise game on 2/7 at the Alumni table at the main entrance.

Once the city has a significant number of banners installed, Tech is going to pursue press coverage.

Thanks to those who contributed. More donations will help put more on I-20, etc.
    Thanks for your efforts, Tech78. What are the size of the banners for I-20?

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

I sent in for two today. Can't wait to see them up! Thanks Tech78. You are most awesome and I thank you for all your efforts on behalf of LA Tech.

Champ Tech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to behold Tech78's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by olddog75 View Post
    Thanks for your efforts, Tech78. What are the size of the banners for I-20?
    They are 2' x 4' - the same as the town banners, but the Tech tenet is omitted and the "state &T" is enlarged to fill the space and be more visible. Didn't think traffic moving at 70 mph + would be reading the tenets.

Champ NathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond repute NathanDarby's Avatar

First of all, thanks SO MUCH for putting this together. It is something that is very needed and WAY past due. That being said, I think little 2x4 banners on those huge light poles on I-20 will look pretty cheesy. That size is perfect for downtown, but I fear will not look good on I-20. The interstate banners would look great if they were very long, like maybe 3x10 or 3x12. Now THAT would be an impressive sight as you were driving into town. Any idea what the additional cost would be to do the interstate in bigger banners and save the smaller ones for around town?

Champ Tech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to behold Tech78's Avatar

Well it has been a while, but I received an email from Dave Guerin, Tech Director of Marketing and PR, that banners have gone up on Alabama and Tech Drive. If anyone can get a picture and post that would be appreciated.

I am going to Ruston for the baseball games on Friday so I'll get my first look. Hope to see Dave and get an update on meetings that have been held regarding placing banners on campus. They are aware of the project Lee has been promoting for the stadium area so I'll be interested to see where the overall planning is going for the whole campus.

We are on track to have Ruston looking "blue" before long.

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Well it has been a while, but I received an email from Dave Guerin, Tech Director of Marketing and PR, that banners have gone up on Alabama and Tech Drive. If anyone can get a picture and post that would be appreciated.

I am going to Ruston for the baseball games on Friday so I'll get my first look. Hope to see Dave and get an update on meetings that have been held regarding placing banners on campus. They are aware of the project Lee has been promoting for the stadium area so I'll be interested to see where the overall planning is going for the whole campus.

We are on track to have Ruston looking "blue" before long.
    How many banners do you have now '78? I just drove down Tech Drive today - twice and also down Alabama, but I didn't notice any banners. I'll drive around again tomorrow and take a peek.

Varsity Bulldog bulldogengr is just really nicebulldogengr is just really nicebulldogengr is just really nicebulldogengr is just really nicebulldogengr is just really nicebulldogengr is just really nicebulldogengr is just really nicebulldogengr is just really nicebulldogengr is just really nicebulldogengr is just really nicebulldogengr is just really nice bulldogengr's Avatar

I saw some today on 167, just north of Wendy's

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

I saw them putting them up on vienna st near downtown.

Varsity Bulldog tangidawg seems to have something between the earstangidawg seems to have something between the earstangidawg seems to have something between the earstangidawg seems to have something between the earstangidawg seems to have something between the earstangidawg seems to have something between the earstangidawg seems to have something between the ears

there are at least 2 on alabama

Big Dog Red's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the rough Red's Better's Avatar

What is the cost of banners i would like to help. I saw a couple on 167 and they look good. It would be great if we could get them from 167 all the way to downtown. Great idea.

To answer a couple of recent questions:

How many banners are going up? Approx 130+ have been purchased and will be placed around Ruston: US 167 from north and south to downtown, downtown area, Alabama from downtown to Tech Dr., West on California from US 167, all poles on the I-20 from east of the Hwy 33 exit to west of the Tech Dr. exit, Tech Dr from I-20 to Alabama.

How much do they cost? I use a nice round number of $50 (any amount is accepted since the money is pooled) and make donations to the Louisiana Tech Foundation - Banner Project. Donations are still welcomed because more banners are going to be placed on campus. They will be of different designs, but will be Tech banners and in our colors!

Banners are higher on the poles than would be preferred, but that is due to DOTD height regulations according to the city.

I want to remind everyone that this is a cooperative project between the City of Ruston, Ruston area Tech Alumni / Friends, and the university. Local publicity is being pursued now that they are going up. Wouldn't hurt for the Ruston crowd to contact city hall to thank them.

We needed the blue to counter the pukey yellow that plagues all areas of the state these days, including the home of Tech which has to be kept blue!!!
    Last edited by Tech78; 03-26-2008 at 05:21 PM. Reason: added content

To answer a couple of recent questions:

How many banners are going up? Approx 130+ have been purchased and will be placed around Ruston: US 167 from north and south to downtown, downtown area, Alabama from downtown to Tech Dr., West on California from US 167, all poles on the I-20 from east of the Hwy 33 exit to west of the Tech Dr. exit, Tech Dr from I-20 to Alabama.

How much do they cost? I use a nice round number of $50 (any amount is accepted since the money is pooled) and make donations to the Louisiana Tech Foundation - Banner Project. Donations are still welcomed because more banners are going to be placed on campus. They will be of different designs, but will be Tech banners and in our colors!

Banners are higher on the poles than would be preferred, but that is due to DOTD height regulations according to the city.

I want to remind everyone that this is a cooperative project between the City of Ruston, Ruston area Tech Alumni / Friends, and the university. Local publicity is being pursued now that they are going up. Wouldn't hurt for the Ruston crowd to contact city hall to thank them.

We needed the blue to counter the pukey yellow that plagues all areas of the state these days, including the home of Tech which has to be kept blue!!!
    I saw some of them today Justin and they look really really great. Thank you so much. I really admire you and your dedication to Tech and all of your hard work. You are a good man.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgmatic View Post
    I saw some of them today Justin and they look really really great. Thank you so much. I really admire you and your dedication to Tech and all of your hard work. You are a good man.

TECH78 is the man!

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    TECH78 is the man!
    Yes he most certainly is!

Big Dog coop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud of coop1448's Avatar

They look really really good!! Downtown is going to put them?????I noticed they stopped just short of the "historical" district. That was day before yesterday. Perhaps they are downtown now????

Anyway, thanks for the GREAT effort!

Lafan can go play with his purple and gold pimp friends. Ruston IS TECH'S town. You see it more and more every day!

Does anyone know when the paws are going to be repainted? Or am I going to have to hault traffic on Tech drive, get some blue paint, and paint them myself? It would really be cool to for game day to get the field paint and paint those paws going up the hills of grass on I20 on both sides.

+ Reply to Thread