+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tech Banner Project

Champ Tech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to behold Tech78's Avatar

Tech Banner Project

Okay guys, here is something to get behind. I know the AD resignation is the current hot news, but we have a project in progress to put blue Tech banners around Ruston before spring. This is an initiative by the local Tech support group, Louisiana Tech Marketing dept, and the City of Ruston - adds to the Code Blue push from this past fall. The more banners that can be bought, the "bluer" Ruston will look. What a great time to claim Ruston as "Tech's Town"!!

If you want to purchase a banner for this project each $50 will put one on a pole. Send or make an online donation at the Louisiana Tech Foundation - Banner Project.

https://www.latechalumni.com/secure/...e/index.php?fd=

Picture the banners on I-20 as you approach Tech Drive exit from east and west, walking or driving through downtown seeing the Tech banners on poles around every corner, etc. The banners to be used will each have a tenet of Tech on them (except for the I-20 banners).

The 12 Tenets of Tech are as follows:

Confidence (confisio) - A sense of self.
    Excellence (bonitas) - Appreciation for first-rate experiences.
    Commitment (commendo) - Accept responsibility as a citizen of the University.
    Knowledge (agnitio) - Understanding of ideas based on actual experiences.
    Integrity (integritas) - Ability to defend, evaluate, or question one's own beliefs.
    Respect (adsurgo) - Acknowledgment of others' beliefs through personal interactions.
    Leadership (ductus) - Guidance through service, involvement, and mentoring.
    Loyalty (fides) - Faithfulness to values, commitments, and responsibilities.
    Enthusiasm (studium) - Excitement for personal characteristics and future opportunities.
    Caring (affectus) - Affinity for beauty, performing arts, and human culture.
    Hope (spes) - Belief in future experiences and growth opportunities.
    Pride (spiritus) - A sense of self-respect.

We elected to not put the Latin tenet so the non-Tech folks would understand ...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Tech78; 01-17-2008 at 11:19 AM. Reason: spelling, add donation link

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Re: Tech Banner Project

How big and were would the I-20 banners be? I'm imagining ones like we have around Lafayette for ULL that are on light poles.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by Tech78 View Post
    Okay guys, here is something to get behind. I know the AD resignation is the current hot news, but we have a project in progress to put blue Tech banners around Ruston before spring. This is an initiative by the local Tech support group, Louisiana Tech Marketing dept, and the City of Ruston - adds to the Code Blue push from this past fall. The more banners that can be bought, the "bluer" Ruston will look. What a great time to claim Ruston as "Tech's Town"!!

If you want to purchase a banner for this project each $50 will put one on a pole. Send or make an online donation at the Louisiana Tech Foundation - Banner Project.

Picture the banners on I-20 as you approach Tech Drive exit from east and west, walking or driving through downtown seeing the Tech banners on poles around every corner, etc. The banners to be used will each have a tenet of Tech on them (except for the I-20 banners).

The 12 Tenets of Tech are as follows:

Confidence (confisio) - A sense of self.
    Excellence (bonitas) - Appreciation for first-rate experiences.
    Commitment (commendo) - Accept responsibility as a citizen of the University.
    Knowledge (agnitio) - Understanding of ideas based on actual experiences.
    Integrity (integritas) - Ability to defend, evaluate, or question one's own beliefs.
    Respect (adsurgo) - Acknowledgment of others' beliefs through personal interactions.
    Leadership (ductus) - Guidance through service, involvement, and mentoring.
    Loyalty (fides) - Faithfulness to values, commitments, and responsibilities.
    Enthusiasm (studium) - Excitement for personal characteristics and future opportunities.
    Caring (affectus) - Affinity for beauty, performing arts, and human culture.
    Hope (spes) - Belief in future experiences and growth opportunities.
    Pride (spiritus) - A sense of self-respect.

We elected to not put the Latin tenet so the non-Tech folks would understand ...
    Justin -

Put a link to the web page for donations in your post or signature.... :icon_wink:
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Varsity Bulldog redman is just really niceredman is just really niceredman is just really niceredman is just really niceredman is just really niceredman is just really niceredman is just really niceredman is just really niceredman is just really niceredman is just really niceredman is just really nice

Give me a link to buy

Champ Tech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to behold Tech78's Avatar

I added the link for the Tech Foundation donation login page plus here:

https://www.latechalumni.com/secure/...e/index.php?fd=

Be sure to type in "Banner Project" when you choose the Other donation category.

The other question about size - they are 24" x 48". The town banners will be ordered first since the city is waiting for DOTD sign-off for the I-20 banners.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Who's manufacturing the banners...they should go through flagsandbanners out of little rock http://flagsandbanners.com/fab/flag.asp?cpage=municipal

Rapid Signs in Ruston is making the banners.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech78 View Post
    Rapid Signs in Ruston is making the banners.
    That's good. If Tech wants Ruston to stand behind it, then we need to use as much local business as possible for our projects.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like they are using the Tech marketing department to assist with this, as well. If that is the case, it blows my theory of the advantage of the Vandy plan.

To clarify, I went to Dave Guerin, Director - Marketing & Public Relations at Tech for assistance with this project. He and I met with the City of Ruston rep, Judy Burt, to develop the joint project.

From a Tech / City of Ruston relationship perspective, this is a simple, hopefully non-controversial type endeavor that will show that the local alumni, Tech, and the City are working together to create the look of a university town. It has been discussed on BBB at length about the need to develop a Tech look and feel from the interstate to the town to the campus.

This will replace the faded red Tech flags and hopefully will maintain a better look since the wind won't be wrapping them up around the poles.

Big Dog coop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud of coop1448's Avatar

I think this is a great idea!

While we are at it, the new light poles they are putting up......can we get them painted black vs. the silver they currently are? Just my two bits that it would look better.

But most appreciative for all the efforts!

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

I don't do anything dealing with money on line. Can you give an address to send a check to?
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Quote Originally Posted by WWDog View Post
    I don't do anything dealing with money on line. Can you give an address to send a check to?

Louisiana Tech University Foundation
    P.O. Box 3183 Ruston, LA 71272
    1-800-738-7950 or (318) 255-7950

Make check payable to Louisiana Tech University Foundation - Banner Project
    or stick a note with the check that it is for the Banner Project.

Varsity Bulldog techdrummer has turned a few heads around heretechdrummer has turned a few heads around heretechdrummer has turned a few heads around heretechdrummer has turned a few heads around here

This is a great project !!

I always get frustrated when the faded red flags get wrapped around the poles and nobody fixes them (or prevents it)

I've been tempted to get a big pole and keep them unfurled myself, but a replacement is a much better idea!! I'll be sure to contribute.

Thanks for taking the initiative on this, 78

Friday was a "banner" day in Ruston - no pun intended . Dave Guerin had a prototype of the banner - looks great!! During the day Friday, he had already shown it to DR and Jim King - both were said to be pleased and looking forward to seeing them around town and hopefully on I-20. Dave and I met with Judy at the City's office, and the mayor wondered by where he gave the thumbs up too. A batch will be ordered on Tuesday.

Thanks for the help on this. We aren't done yet, so pass the word around about donations being accepted. This is one project where you will see the results of your contribution.
    Last edited by Tech78; 01-20-2008 at 01:12 PM. Reason: spelling, grammer

+ Reply to Thread