+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: There Will Be Blood....

Big Dog TechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her game TechSupporter11's Avatar

Re: There Will Be Blood....

Quote Originally Posted by AG_jr View Post
    Is that one worth buying without having seen it first?
    For those interested and living in the Ruston area, Celebrity Theatres will be playing "No Country for Old Men" starting this Friday (Feb. 1)...

Big Dog TechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her game TechSupporter11's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    I thought it was awful. Daniel Day Lewis is an amazing actor...this is not an amazing story.
    I'll expand on what you mentioned a little bit since I just got through watching it...

Daniel Day Lewis' character was THE character of 2007 for me (give the Oscar to him now)...phenomenal acting given the demanding circumstances of long and in-your-face camera shots, not to mention a lot of oil...

The filmmaking was astounding as well from the music mixing to the cinematography to the production...

Now for the story...the establishing and climax had me in awe...much of the films uniqueness comes from non-dialogue scenes, and the action drives the film much more than the dialogue, especially early on...and of course the ending was such a joy and challenge to watch bringing about a whole new level of character analysis that could be interpreted many ways...

But it was the continuation of those two that left me unsettled and slightly unsatisfied...the story became a little too one-dimensional for me, despite it's constant buildup for two hours, which will definitely test a lot of people...just remember though, the ending was well worth it...

Puppy hjhjh220 is an unknown

i think it's a good movie daniel is a good actor i think this movie will get Oscar award

+ Reply to Thread