+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shreveport possibility

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Shreveport possibility

I got a job offer in Shreveport last week. Not sure that I will take it yet (mostly due to figuring out how to move - complicated due to the cattery), however, it is an offer that is VERY nice. Going to be hard to turn down. Also, it will get me in a place close enough to make games in Ruston. I have wanted to move back, so this may be the right opportunity.

I went ahead and started searching homes in the Shreveport area. If any of you know of some nice areas, let me know. I like the South Highlands area - would want a home that is in a decent neighborhood, but close in to things. No more suburbia for me. Got enough of that now.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Re: Shreveport possibility

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I got a job offer in Shreveport last week. Not sure that I will take it yet (mostly due to figuring out how to move - complicated due to the cattery), however, it is an offer that is VERY nice. Going to be hard to turn down. Also, it will get me in a place close enough to make games in Ruston. I have wanted to move back, so this may be the right opportunity.

I went ahead and started searching homes in the Shreveport area. If any of you know of some nice areas, let me know. I like the South Highlands area - would want a home that is in a decent neighborhood, but close in to things. No more suburbia for me. Got enough of that now.
    You parents haven't made this decision for you already?

:icon_wink:
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    You parents haven't made this decision for you already?

:icon_wink:
    I had an interview last Saturday and met my Mom for lunch in Shreveport. She was THRILLED, so she is definitely in the corner of me moving.

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

You guys have no clue what suburbia is!
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Quote Originally Posted by CARTEK View Post
    You guys have no clue what suburbia is!
    Yeah, I really do. I have lived it. Moved here to get out in the country, but decided I would rather be in the middle of things. Not practical to move back to N.O., though. Also, I could care less about living in Dallas or Houston. Shreveport is not really big enough, but at least it feels a little more like a city than where I am now - plus it gets me closer to Tech and my parents.

Besides, Tyler is now taking over my country living. Subdivisions going up everywhere and my 3 acres now has a home directly behind the property line in what used to be a beautiful horse ranch with rolling hills. South Tyler looks just like any suburban town now. You could be in any suburb of Dallas and you wouldn't know the difference in that and Tyler. Same stores, same streets, same thing - except for easier access to downtown, if you are in a suburb of Dallas. I don't get that advantage living where I do now. All I get is a lower crime rate here, but even that is changing. I feel I may as well get some of the advantages of being in a bigger place.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

You can live on beautiful Lake Claiborne and it is less than a 1 hour commute from Downtown Shreveport....

''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

A good friend of mine is selling his house on Gilbert (Bayou side) and another friend of mine is selling his house in Ellerbe Rd estates. Both are very nice/well kept and in the 2300-2900 sq ft range. Will forward info to you ASAP....ready to open an account at The Market?:icon_wink:.
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Quote Originally Posted by marketdawg View Post
    A good friend of mine is selling his house on Gilbert (Bayou side) and another friend of mine is selling his house in Ellerbe Rd estates. Both are very nice/well kept and in the 2300-2900 sq ft range. Will forward info to you ASAP....ready to open an account at The Market?:icon_wink:.
    Send it to me. That is a much larger home than I will need, but ya never know....

I still think I want to be in the middle of Shreveport around the S. Highland area. Just like being able to be in a house with a little character and established trees.

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

welcome back to Louisiana!

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

http://www.coldwellbanker.com/servle...&page=property

I've spent a lot of time in this house and in the back yard as the owners are very good friends of mine and have frequent gatherings in the big back yard underneath the oaks/pecans. This house is right around the corner from me (don't let that scare you off, I'm rarely home:icon_wink on Gilbert Dr. and is in South Highlands school area and it backs up to Bayou Pierre. It's not quite Beautiful Lake Claiborne but a lot of the folks who live on the Bayou put gardens in behind their fences along the bayou. I considered buying this myself just for a biiger yard/garden but I just can't handle a move right now. I'll email you the flyer for my other good friends house in Ellerbe Rd, newly remodeled, deck, hot-tub. How come everybody sells the good stuff when I'm not ready for it?

I love being in South Highlands! BTW- The price on this one is VERY negotiable as the owners have already moved into their "palace" in a gated community south of town. There are a bunch of houses
    for sale by owner and I know of a nice cottage style on my street not listed that is a steal for around 100k or so. Let me know when you get a definite on moving and what style/size house you're looking for.

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar

I wouldn't wish living on the Shreveport side of the river on anyone! I grew up here. I understand liking the S. Highlands area. But the traffic on Youree has gotten INSANE. Come to N. Bossier. Stockwell or one of the new developments on Swan Lake Rd. Just enough out of town to still be in town.

Where Shreveport had something like 180 murders in '07 Bossier had 2. It is NIGHT AND DAY difference. And you'll be all that much closer to Ruston.

Just don't decide until you've looked on the other side of the river as well.

Chris

Varsity Bulldog barkly is a glorious beacon of lightbarkly is a glorious beacon of lightbarkly is a glorious beacon of lightbarkly is a glorious beacon of lightbarkly is a glorious beacon of lightbarkly is a glorious beacon of lightbarkly is a glorious beacon of lightbarkly is a glorious beacon of lightbarkly is a glorious beacon of lightbarkly is a glorious beacon of lightbarkly is a glorious beacon of light barkly's Avatar

Champ, you will love the South Highlands area. I have lived here for about 8 years, and it is convenient to everything. If your driving around the area looking at houses, just look to the green house with the "State T" flag on the front porch.

Barkly

Champ Westv is a jewel in the roughWestv is a jewel in the roughWestv is a jewel in the roughWestv is a jewel in the roughWestv is a jewel in the roughWestv is a jewel in the roughWestv is a jewel in the roughWestv is a jewel in the roughWestv is a jewel in the roughWestv is a jewel in the roughWestv is a jewel in the rough

Give me a call if you need help moving. We are the mover for Tech Athletics and I'd love to help you.- 318-387-6969.- David

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TechDawgFan View Post
    I wouldn't wish living on the Shreveport side of the river on anyone! I grew up here. I understand liking the S. Highlands area. But the traffic on Youree has gotten INSANE. Come to N. Bossier. Stockwell or one of the new developments on Swan Lake Rd. Just enough out of town to still be in town.

Where Shreveport had something like 180 murders in '07 Bossier had 2. It is NIGHT AND DAY difference. And you'll be all that much closer to Ruston.

Just don't decide until you've looked on the other side of the river as well.

Chris
    Yeah but all those new houses over in Stockwell look just like each other and they're like 4 feet apart from one another. I have no idea why anyone would want to live there.

Now, back up in Dogwood...that's good stuff.

+ Reply to Thread