+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2007 Coaching Grades

Firejimoakes.com
    Webmaster
    Beaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the rough

2007 Coaching Grades

This site has watched hours of film and come up with a grade for every D-I football coach.

Coaches of interest below:
    June Jones - Hawaii - A
    Pat Hill - Fresno - B+
    Derek Dooley - B
    Charlie Weatherbie - ULM - B
    Bob Toledo - Tulane - B
    Chris Peterson - Boise - B
    Dick Tomey - San Jose - C
    Chris Ault - Nevada - C
    Robb Akey - Idaho - C
    Hal Mumme - NMSU - D
    Ricky Bustle - ULL - D-
    Brent Guy - Utah State - F

Link for all other and comments on each coach:
    http://www.coacheshotseat.com/Coache...Grades2007.htm

Big Dog Easydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the rough Easydawg's Avatar

Re: 2007 Coaching Grades

B seems to be a gracious grade for Dooley. Does he get an A for going 7 and 5 instead of 5 and 7? While there were some improvements, there is a long way to go. I still think he is the person to get us there, but I for one am not satisfied with a 5 and 7 season and I would not think that Dooley is either.

Prior to the season, just looking at the schdule, I thought we should compete with most teams. I was worried about Cal and LSU the most. Now that the season is over, there were some bad games played this year. We lost to Ol' Miss this year.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Easydawg View Post
    I still think I would not think I thought

What the hell do you know, you grease monkey!

Champ louisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the rough

Our offense sputtered this past year alot. With the way it was moving the last games and a hopefully better qb play, I think we can get a better 3rd down conversion ratio.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

I think "B" is pretty accurate for this season. We certainly could have done better in some respects, but this was considered a rebuilding year by everyone, and I don't think we were picked to win 5 games prior to the start of the season.

He did a great job of putting together a staff and recruiting on a very short schedule. He has done more than the administration to get former players involved in the program, he pushed for upgraded facilities, and has reestablished relationships with local high school coaches. I will admit that the previous things mentioned in the previous two sentences were probably not considered by this website when giving the grade, but they are all good for the program. And, when you consider that we saw this kind of improvement while playing a lot of young players, then the future looks good.

Could have been better, could have been worse, but it was definitely an improvement.

Big Dog Easydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the rough Easydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StrayDawg View Post
    I think "B" is pretty accurate for this season. We certainly could have done better in some respects, but this was considered a rebuilding year by everyone, and I don't think we were picked to win 5 games prior to the start of the season.

He did a great job of putting together a staff and recruiting on a very short schedule. He has done more than the administration to get former players involved in the program, he pushed for upgraded facilities, and has reestablished relationships with local high school coaches. I will admit that the previous things mentioned in the previous two sentences were probably not considered by this website when giving the grade, but they are all good for the program. And, when you consider that we saw this kind of improvement while playing a lot of young players, then the future looks good.

Could have been better, could have been worse, but it was definitely an improvement.
    I agree on the improvement, but a "B". If you are comparing this to JBIII, the bar was pretty damn low. Reading this link and the comments, it seemed that they were basing the grades on the records of the past season. i.e. see Notre Dame.

I would like to see what Dooley would grade the past season's performance.

Big Dog Bulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really nice

very positive comment for Dooley

"Seems to be destined for the big time"

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Easydawg View Post
    B seems to be a gracious grade for Dooley. Does he get an A for going 7 and 5 instead of 5 and 7? While there were some improvements, there is a long way to go. I still think he is the person to get us there, but I for one am not satisfied with a 5 and 7 season and I would not think that Dooley is either.

Prior to the season, just looking at the schdule, I thought we should compete with most teams. I was worried about Cal and LSU the most. Now that the season is over, there were some bad games played this year. We lost to Ol' Miss this year.
    It wasn't based on record. It was based on everything including circumstances. Dooley did it with Bicknells players and NO LEGIT DIV 1A QB ON THE ENTIRE ROSTER and a bunch of freshman playing big, big minutes. I wouldn't give him an A because we weren't .500 and there was some let downs but I think our biggest problem was our offense and again, I don't think Knute Rockne would hae done much better with our offense. If he goes 5-7 this year I'd give him an F. Not last year though. We weren't renovating the top floor, we had to knock the whole f-ing building down and start over. Dooley poured the foundation last year.

When I went to the UCA game I saw a team that completely lacked team speed and explosiveness and I told my wife it would take one hell of a coaching job and a whole lot of luck for us to even be .500 last year. Guys we were a slow team. SNL helped fix that problem a little last year and I think we are going to get better in that area each year. But man I thought other than SNL our RB's and WR's looked like they pianos on their backs and they couldn't catch the first half of the year. Coaching wasn't going to fix that, not without a good QB. I hate quoting HD, but he is right, if you don't have a legit QB you are toast at this level regardless of who the coach is.

Champ Reckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud of Reckless Abandon's Avatar

I love the comment after the ull coach.
    "When little is expected, little is achieved."

Varsity Bulldog bambino seems to have something between the earsbambino seems to have something between the earsbambino seems to have something between the earsbambino seems to have something between the earsbambino seems to have something between the earsbambino seems to have something between the ears

Quote Originally Posted by StrayDawg View Post

He has done all you have mentioned above. He also had us one win away from postseason play.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

I like all the links down the side of the site.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beaz17 View Post
    This site has watched hours of film and come up with a grade for every D-I football coach.

Coaches of interest below:
    June Jones - Hawaii - A
    Pat Hill - Fresno - B+
    Derek Dooley - B
    Charlie Weatherbie - ULM - B
    Bob Toledo - Tulane - B
    Chris Peterson - Boise - B
    Dick Tomey - San Jose - C
    Chris Ault - Nevada - C
    Robb Akey - Idaho - C
    Hal Mumme - NMSU - D
    Ricky Bustle - ULL - D-
    Brent Guy - Utah State - F

Link for all other and comments on each coach:
    http://www.coacheshotseat.com/Coache...Grades2007.htm
    Les Miles an A? Weatherbie is also really generous. He may have beaten Alabama but his team looked like crap all year.

This guy must be a ULM grad because LSU is the top of the list and ULM is the top "B" team listed with Tech being the last one.

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

If you consider having to deal with a less-than-avg QB, I believe an "A" is the appropriate grade for DD.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

No way Dooley deserves better than a C + after the way his team performed down the stretch at LSU and Nevada with a bowl game invite on the line. Chris Peterson won 10 games and only got a B.

Dooley is apparently the beneficiary of "grade inflation". I gotta see a lot more offense out of Dooley before he get's a "B".

HD

+ Reply to Thread