+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Titleist 755

Champ parisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond repute parisdog's Avatar

Titleist 755

Anybody ever played these irons before? Looking for feedback.

Champ MattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the rough MattB's Avatar

Re: Titleist 755

Nope, my ping's are older than I am. But....I'd thought I'd give a fellow golfer a bump.

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

Not my bag, but only because I don't care for the feel. If you like them, go for it. They have a good reputation.

Champ parisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond repute parisdog's Avatar

What kind of pings do you play? My wife finally gave me permission to buy new clubs after 12 years of owning the set I currently have. I always liked Pings, but they are so darn expensive. I ended up buying a used set of Titleist off of ebay. They should arrive tomorrow or Friday. I can't wait!

Champ MattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the rough MattB's Avatar

I've got a set of ping eye 2's. I really like them, and wouldn't ditch them unless it was for another set of pings. They were 225.00 for the set when I bought them years ago. However they seem to be rising in price. Now if you can get a set for 300 you're doing about average. Mine are black dots, but are bent to be the same as green dots.

Nothing wrong with titleist though. I just wish I was at the point where the clubs would matter. I can hit just as crappy a shot with a titleist as I can my pings.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

I bought some Taylor Mades on Overstock a little about 5 years ago and have only used them twice. I got them at a really great price, and really like them. I don't remember what series they are as they are out in the storage, and I don't think I've even looked at them in about 3 years. I guess I need to make sure no mice have taken up residence in the bag. I'm thinking about trying to learn how to play again. This time I'll find someone that can give me pointers.

Dirty, don't you know it's against the law allowing golf clubs to be idle that long!

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by parisdog View Post
    Dirty, don't you know it's against the law allowing golf clubs to be idle that long!
    I know, but everytime I asked maddawg for advice, all he could tell me was to pay a pro. Some help that guy is.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    I know, but everytime I asked maddawg for advice, all he could tell me was to pay a pro. Some help that guy is.
    Have you actually SEEN his swing?? If you had, you could just do the opposite, and you'd be pretty good.

Honestly, just invest in a practice range. There are some ranges that will have a flat rate weekly/monthly type fee. Just go out hit 100 balls a day and learn how to make solid contact. A golf pro can't do much if you can't make solid contact already. If you are having trouble hitting a ball consistently, then take half swings to learn.

One important thing that took me a long time to learn (partially because I thought my Dad was crazy and I didn't know what he meant) was to learn to hit THROUGH the ball and not AT the ball. You can look at your divots and see the action zone and learn what your club is doing at impact.

Next time that you come up for any games/weekends, call me up and we can go to the range for an hour or so. If we get the girls to go shop, then maybe even a round at Homer National Country Club!!

+ Reply to Thread