+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Barmore to speak at SFA

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

Barmore to speak at SFA

The activities for Gunter will begin at 11:30 a.m. with a luncheon in the Twilight Ballroom of the Baker Pattillo Student Center. The luncheon will include two guest speakers, former Louisiana Tech head coach Leon Barmore and former Texas head coach Jody Conradt.

"We are all excited and honored to have such women of such great character come speak to us," Decreasha Goodner, Freshman guard, said. No tickets will be available the day of the lunch.

http://media.www.thepinelog.com/medi...-3164940.shtml

Champ AG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the rough AG_jr's Avatar

Re: Barmore to speak at SFA

Wow. Sue Gunter. Wonder if I'm related.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

I'm not sure there are any women who will be speaking. Oops. Did I write that out loud?

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    I'm not sure there are any women who will be speaking. Oops. Did I write that out loud?

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

I'm not up on my Techster history, but isn't there some history between these two coaches?

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Brian96 View Post
    I'm not up on my Techster history, but isn't there some history between these two coaches?
    A huge history. Texas had a few great years and were a strong competitor for the Techsters. Jodi Conradt brought her Lady Longhorns to the TAC to play. Now, these were the years when you didn't see big crowds at women's games - except for a handful of schools, including the Lady Techsters. Texas didn't know what they were walking into. There were signs on I-20 and all the way up to the TAC. The TAC was packed and the Techster fans were rowdy. We stood and yelled the whole game. Back then, it was pretty easy to get the whole crowd yelling the same cheers at the same time. The BOP was well.... THE BOP, as well.

We won the game. After the game, we had our tradition of holding up the #1 sign to our song. The Longhorns have the same tradition to their's while holding up the Longhorn 2 fingers (hook'em Horns). They tried to do that at the same time that we were doing ours. Both school's fans were trying to play and sing over the other - of course we had more people and drowned them out.

Jodi stated that she would "NEVER" play at the TAC again and that the fans were too "rowdy". She kept her word and we never saw Texas again in Ruston.

Texas and Tech were true rivals on the national stage before Tennessee, even.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Wasn't that last game a Sunday afternoon NCAA regional final?
    Speaking of Sunday afternoon games, for the life of me, Ican't figure out why we don't schedule basketball events on the Sunday afternoon in the TAC in between the NFL Semis and the Super Bowl.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Wasn't that last game a Sunday afternoon NCAA regional final?
    Speaking of Sunday afternoon games, for the life of me, Ican't figure out why we don't schedule basketball events on the Sunday afternoon in the TAC in between the NFL Semis and the Super Bowl.
    I can't remember if it was a Sunday afternoon or a Saturday. The biggest problem with Sunday afternoons is for people like me. I have to travel in and get back home in time for work the next day. However, lately, there probably are not many people traveling in, so it could work. The locals can do Sunday afternoons very easily, I would think.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAY View Post
    The activities for Gunter will begin at 11:30 a.m. with a luncheon in the Twilight Ballroom of the Baker Pattillo Student Center. The luncheon will include two guest speakers, former Louisiana Tech head coach Leon Barmore and former Texas head coach Jody Conradt.

"We are all excited and honored to have such women of such great character come speak to us," Decreasha Goodner, Freshman guard, said. No tickets will be available the day of the lunch.

http://media.www.thepinelog.com/medi...-3164940.shtml
    That's interesting. Sort of blows a hole in the argument presented by someone a couple of weeks ago that recruits still know who Leon Barmore is.

Big Dog DarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really nice

Best Lady Techsters's game ever was againt Texas in the NCAA Final semifinal game in Austin, not sure of the year, Tech won and then lost the championship to Tennessee. WOW, what a game...

I WAS THERE!!!

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I can't remember if it was a Sunday afternoon or a Saturday. The biggest problem with Sunday afternoons is for people like me. I have to travel in and get back home in time for work the next day. However, lately, there probably are not many people traveling in, so it could work. The locals can do Sunday afternoons very easily, I would think.
    Champion get out of your comfort zone. There's only one Sunday before Super Bowl each year.
    I sat down for less than 15 minutes for the snow skiing this afternoon. We're missing a golden opportunity for a Tech event.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Champion get out of your comfort zone. There's only one Sunday before Super Bowl each year.
    I sat down for less than 15 minutes for the snow skiing this afternoon. We're missing a golden opportunity for a Tech event.
    :icon_wink:

Puppy parkedgourmet2 seems to have something between the earsparkedgourmet2 seems to have something between the earsparkedgourmet2 seems to have something between the earsparkedgourmet2 seems to have something between the earsparkedgourmet2 seems to have something between the earsparkedgourmet2 seems to have something between the earsparkedgourmet2 seems to have something between the earsparkedgourmet2 seems to have something between the ears parkedgourmet2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DarboneDon View Post
    Best Lady Techsters's game ever was againt Texas in the NCAA Final semifinal game in Austin, not sure of the year, Tech won and then lost the championship to Tennessee. WOW, what a game...

I WAS THERE!!!

Ditto that ---- definitely one for the ages. Sure would like to see it again................. Don't wake me up -- I must be dreaming to even hope at this point.

Big Dog BCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by DarboneDon View Post

I WAS THERE!!!

Count me in...I was there...and having grown up in Austin as a Longhorn before becoming a Bulldawg, it was sweet to be there beating Jody on her home court. Texas was arrogant and expected to win. Spoon had another idea...

+ Reply to Thread