+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I was getting ready to buy a new truck until . . .

Big Dog Red's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the rough Red's Better's Avatar

Re: I was getting ready to buy a new truck until . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Abominable Gorilla View Post
    I looked at Fords until the salesman gave himself the kiss of death by making a comment about me bringing my father in to the dealership to discuss price.

When a car dealer asked me what I did and I told him I was in sales, he responded by telling me I seemed too like to much of an introvert for that. I told him thanks and I would look for a new occupation....:icon_wink:. Actually I told the jackass I would be buying my car elsewhere.

This is all on top of him telling me about how he sold a company he once had for 9 million dollars and lost it all in the stock market. That was his sob story for being in the car business.......... Who says things like that the first time you meet them.................A car salesman!!!!!!!!!!!

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Red's Better View Post
    I love the way the new GMC truck looks. I have heard that the Toyota is a great truck, but I do not like the looks of it.
    I agree, I just don't like the way the Toyota's look. It looks too tight or something. Rabidawg's comment is quite true "The Toyota has the muscle but looks like a mud cat with wheels headed toward you." Just something about it. I will test drive all 4, Ford, Chevy, Toyota, and Dodge. Then I will go to my best friend www.consumerreports.org and get some advice.
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

I'm with you guys...the Ford or Chevy/GMC is a much prettier vehicle but the Yota will grow on you.
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

My family and I have always been in Chevy/GMC, but my dad switched to Ford because all of his GM vehicles kept losing their fuel pumps. A guy he was doing business with in Camden owns the Ford dealership, so he started buying Ford from him a while later. I bought his old Expedition last year, we bought an Explorer 2 years ago from the same guy, and we love them. I know they arent pickups, but Fords are a lot better than I thought and dont seem to have little things break as much as GM. My Expedition is an 03 with over 80K miles now and it hasnt given me any problems at all. Dad has put almost 200K on his Diesel, I think it is a F250?

A freind of mine just bought a new black fullsize Nissan. I dont know anything about them, but they look sharp.

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

I plan on buying my wife a new car this summer. The old 99 expedition has served us well with just over 140k miles. It has only been in the dealership once, about a year ago because some engine sensors would not let it idle. She wants another big vehicle. I want her to get a four door car because we don't have a need for the land yacht anymore. For once we agree that we are going to test drive everything before making a decision because we have proven to ourselves that driving the thing 8-9 years is not hard to do. It has been nice not having a car note for the past several years.

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rabiddawg View Post
    I plan on buying my wife a new car this summer. The old 99 expedition has served us well with just over 140k miles. It has only been in the dealership once, about a year ago because some engine sensors would not let it idle. She wants another big vehicle. I want her to get a four door car because we don't have a need for the land yacht anymore. For once we agree that we are going to test drive everything before making a decision because we have proven to ourselves that driving the thing 8-9 years is not hard to do. It has been nice not having a car note for the past several years.
    I suggest the Toyota Sienna XLE. With 4 children 6 and under, it rides great and gets about 23 miles per gallon. But you gotta have a dynamic, low maintenance wife like mine. Obviously at 31 years of age, a minivan is not her dream car, a Toyota Sequoua is and she says that she just pretends that the minivan is a Sequoua. And I say "baby, keep pretending, and that is fine w/ me". The sienna ranked #1 in Consumer Reports and Honda Odyssey ranked #2, they pretty much flip flop from year to year. Can't go wrong w/ either one.
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Champ LT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the rough

Get you one of those Mercedes smart cars ($12,000) before gas goes up to $5.
    ________
    MAGIC FLIGHT LAUNCH BOX REVIEW
    Last edited by LT; 05-05-2011 at 01:11 AM.

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

I don't mean to offend the chevy/gmc fans, but my cousin's 2 yr old silverado is a piece of junk. In fact he's still driving the demo they gave him more than 5 weeks ago. Btw, this is the third time he's taken it back to the dealer.

Big Dog Red's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the rough Red's Better's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Red's Better View Post
    When a car dealer asked me what I did and I told him I was in sales, he responded by telling me I seemed too like to much of an introvert for that. I told him thanks and I would look for a new occupation....:icon_wink:. Actually I told the jackass I would be buying my car elsewhere.

This is all on top of him telling me about how he sold a company he once had for 9 million dollars and lost it all in the stock market. That was his sob story for being in the car business.......... Who says things like that the first time you meet them.................A car salesman!!!!!!!!!!!

I got red dotted for using foul language???

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Rooster, I may have to drive the thing from time to time and I am not so sure my imagination is good enough to convince myself I am not driving a minivan.

My kids are 13%10, so we don't have two car seats strapped permanently to the seats. I think we can get along with a car, but Fran says she feels safer in the big vehicle. I think once she feels how much better the car handles and accelerates she will change her mind.

I have not researched it, but I bet the safety ratings are better for the cars we will be looking at vs the big suv.

Puppy linds_Marie seems to have something between the earslinds_Marie seems to have something between the earslinds_Marie seems to have something between the earslinds_Marie seems to have something between the earslinds_Marie seems to have something between the earslinds_Marie seems to have something between the earslinds_Marie seems to have something between the ears linds_Marie's Avatar

I'm not much of a truck girl myself but.. yuck.. I dont like the look of the 09' at all.. I like the 08 MUCH better..

Champ BulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the rough

Big Dog rbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her game rbhtech's Avatar

I just bought a 2007 new body style 1500 silverado LTZ. 0.00% and only paid 23,000 after my company discount and rebates. I love it. By far the best truck I have ever owned.

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Did you drive a Yugo before or what?:icon_wink:
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Big Dog rbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her game rbhtech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marketdawg View Post
    Did you drive a Yugo before or what?:icon_wink:
    2004 GMC 1500 if you must. You stick to selling high quality meat and I will pick out my whips!:icon_wink:

+ Reply to Thread