+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Most Memorable Super Bowl Memory

Champ Tdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the rough Tdawg87's Avatar

Most Memorable Super Bowl Memory

Just listening to Dan Patrick's sports talk radio show and he was talking about Super Bowl memories. Thought I would throw it out. What is your favorite Super Bowl memory?

I have three that really stick out as a kid, the Baltimore Colts (yes they were in Baltimore before Indianapolis>>> for the kids on the board) winning FG to over the Cowboys in 1970. The other two are seeing Miami go undefeated with there win over the Redskins and Lynn Swan's circus catch from Terry Bradshaw in 1975 with there win over the Cowboys (Still my all time favorite Super Bowl). There are more, like Joe Montana's last minute drive to win over the Bengals), but those stick out for me, especially as a kid in the 70's growing up.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Most Memorable Super Bowl Memory

Quote Originally Posted by Tdawg87 View Post
    Just listening to Dan Patrick's sports talk radio show and he was talking about Super Bowl memories. Thought I would throw it out. What is your favorite Super Bowl memory?

I have three that really stick out as a kid, the Baltimore Colts (yes they were in Baltimore before Indianapolis>>> for the kids on the board) winning FG to over the Cowboys in 1970. The other two are seeing Miami go undefeated with there win over the Redskins and Lynn Swan's circus catch from Terry Bradshaw in 1975 with there win over the Cowboys (Still my all time favorite Super Bowl). There are more, like Joe Montana's last minute drive to win over the Bengals), but those stick out for me, especially as a kid in the 70's growing up.
    1st Steelers-Cowboys game. Right before the half Steelers kicker Roy Gerela misses a field goal. Cliff Harris gets in his face to taunt him and jack Lambert comes up behind Harris and throws him to the ground and then stands over him daring him to retaliate.

Lambert's comment after the game - We are the Steelers, the intimidators and i will not allow anyone to intimidate us. Lambert is also the one quoted as saying - "Qb's, put a dress on them".

You gotta love it.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Stover being the leading scorer over the Giants (though I was pulling for the Giants in that game). Love to see a Tech guy make good.

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

Leon Lett's fumble. I was a VERY drunk Cowboy fan by that point of the game.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Yo Tdawg! The Blooper Bowl! Colts 16 Boys 13

Jim O'Brien's game-winning FG as time expired. Mike Curtis' interception to set it up. Johnny U.'s TD pass to John Mackey (best TE in the history of FB). Yep, remember that one well.

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

Doug Williams.
    ...yes, I watch ESPN Classic.

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

Super Bowl III - 1969

Jets 16
    Colts 7

:bigcry:

This was the last football game I ever bet on. I learned that sure things are not always sure things.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

The '85 Bears defense just abusing the Pats. The confused, scared, helpless look in the 2 Pat's QB's eyes as they tried to figure out the Bears 46 defense.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

A Fox sports commercial prolly around 2000. They were advertising baseball coming to Fox (or something like that). They show all kinds of foul tips that hit the catcher and look painful (some of them are VERY painful) and then they have a guy go stand behind a horse. The horse back kicks and the guy folds over in two. The party we were having completely missed the next commercial due to laughing. It's a great one.

Now I've gotta find it... youtube maybe??

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

Max Magee and Bart Starr hooking up in the first one...Max was hungover.

Bears over the Pats...only one I ever bet on and it looked like I was a loser at the half.
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Champ Tdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the rough Tdawg87's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Yo Tdawg! The Blooper Bowl! Colts 16 Boys 13

Jim O'Brien's game-winning FG as time expired. Mike Curtis' interception to set it up. Johnny U.'s TD pass to John Mackey (best TE in the history of FB). Yep, remember that one well.

YEP, I was only 6 at the time, but I remember it well too. My dad was a Johnny U fan. I couldn't stand the 'Boys even then...growing up in S'port, all we saw every Sunday was Dallas. My family is from New Orleans and we wanted to see the Saints as miserable as they were back then. I was actually more of a Colt fan because of Johnny U and in the early-mid 70's with Bert Jones (The Ruston Rifle) and Roger Carr. I also loved the Steelers with TB and that defense. I think that team of the '70's could handle the Patriots( I know, I just set myself up for that one, but)...Oh, for the good ol days...

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar

Adam V's game winner for the Pats first SB win ... I nearly hit the ceiling when that happened. Its the ONE team I root for at the pro level that has won a title.

Also the defensive stop with the Titans stretching for the EZ at the end of the game ... man that was excitement.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Jackie Smith's drop vs the Steelers -

Swan's catch -

Bradshaw ripping the Rams in Pasadena -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Jackie Smith's drop vs the Steelers -

Swan's catch -

Bradshaw ripping the Rams in Pasadena -

My wife is related to Jackie Smith, so I don't talk about that one to much, but it does bring back a good memory for me..I loved the Steelers back then (still do really) and it was the first Super Bowl I ever bet on. I had 20 bucks on that game, won the bet of course..big money for a 14 year old. I still consider that, along with the 49er-Bengals game in '89 the best played Super Bowl games.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

All three of the Cowboy SB losses were great games. As a Cowboy fan, I remember more about those three games than I do about the wins over Miami and Denver. I quit paying attention after Jones purchased the team.

Chuck Howley was a monster against Baltimore. I believe he is still the only SB MVP to come from a losing team.

+ Reply to Thread