+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Saints to play in London

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Football Saints to play in London

Word on the street is that the Saints will play a "home" game in London next year against the Chargers. I'm not a big fan of regular season games overseas, but I still hope they win.

http://www.nola.com/sports/index.ssf...play_home.html

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Re: Saints to play in London

I wonder how Sean feels about this?

Just kidding. I heard the show.

Champ louisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the rough

Complete stupidity on the NFL's part. You take a true home game away from a team that is getting back into the grove of their hometown, and one of the teams they are facing wants to play a game in london, so you take away a saints home game instead of the chargers. Im mad about this, and if I was a season ticket holder, I would want some money back, if they haven't gotten any back. Even if the city gets paid the same, you get the fans mad that they cannot make the trip.

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

Goodell tried to spin it as "great" for the two cities to be able to showcase themselves to the world. I guess they'll have a lot of advertising space available during the broadcast for the two cities. But I thnk the people of New Orleans would MUCH rather the concrete economic benefits that one true home game brings to the city.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

The NFL is calling in one of it's markers -

Don't like it, but understand it and the Giants won a Sup this year after the trip....

Remember if not for the OFFICE, we are talking about the San Antonio Saints -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    The NFL is calling in one of it's markers -

Don't like it, but understand it and the Giants won a Sup this year after the trip....

Remember if not for the OFFICE, we are talking about the San Antonio Saints -
    Good point, I hadn't thought about it that way. Plus, they spent a few million on helping renovate the Superdome. In general, I agree that it takes away a home game from the fans, and I am a season ticket holder who also agrees that the city could use the revenue.

On the bright side, it does do a little to "showcase" the team and, by doing it now, we won't be asked to do it again for several years.

Champ louisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the rough

The grass for soccer over there is much longer than football over here, not including the crappy weather they have. The saints will be much slower over there. I downright don't like it.

Big Dog TechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her game TechSupporter11's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by louisiana_dog View Post
    The grass for soccer over there is much longer than football over here, not including the crappy weather they have. The saints will be much slower over there. I downright don't like it.
    Perhaps the grass/weather can help us slow down LT then...

Gonna go ahead and predict the score...Saints 7 Chargers 3

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Although it is not completely similar, this situation reminds me of my objections to Tech's playing NLULM in football. There just aren't that many games on the schedule to mess around with gimmick games. The Saints in London for an exhibition game would better balance the NFL's benefits from having a game over there with the Saints' need for a home game for their home town. Similarly, Tech vs. NLULM as a 13th game when we travel to Hawai'i balances the pros of playing them against the cons of wasting a game slot.

+ Reply to Thread