+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: You need to read Kim Mulkey's book!!

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

Re: You need to read Kim Mulkey's book!!

Also, "Never Back Down," says also about the situation with her and Reneau. Both probably decided that they would, "Never Back Down."

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    td123, Dawgpix, etc.... I'm just surprised that more of you guys don't seem to care about Reneau's apparent lack of moral fiber and ethics. THAT'S what's most bothersome to me. Reneau is STILL the president of OUR university.....and he's supposed to be above all the lies, etc.... Unfortunately Reneau stains Louisiana Tech's reputation every time he gets exposed for something like his.

HD
    If Barmore writes a book that agrees completely with Kim's side of this, I might be more inclined to agree with your concerns. As it is, all we have is one side of the argument. I would hardly expect Kim to paint the thing as her fault. I don't even doubt she believes what she wrote, but that still doesn't make it true.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by honker22 View Post
    are there Cliffs Notes for this? If so, I might read it
    It is an easy read. Doesn't take long to finish it up. Pretty good, actually. If you really read it, you come away knowing that Kim is VERY head strong, herself. There are some telling things about how she handles things in life (for good or bad). After you read it, take some time and think about her relationship with her Dad and how that stands today. It gives you a glimpse of a very successful person, but one that never forgives or forgets.

Big Dog honker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    It is an easy read. Doesn't take long to finish it up. Pretty good, actually. If you really read it, you come away knowing that Kim is VERY head strong, herself. There are some telling things about how she handles things in life (for good or bad). After you read it, take some time and think about her relationship with her Dad and how that stands today. It gives you a glimpse of a very successful person, but one that never forgives or forgets.
    i was just kidding about the Cliff Notes...trying to get a laugh. it sounds like a good read, I'm glad HD brought it to our attention because I was unaware.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by honker22 View Post
    I'm glad HD brought it to our attention because I was unaware.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

You could probably have both of them write a book and the truth would still lie somewhere in the middle. I do hope to read the book one day, but just because things are in print doesn't mean they are true. Everyone will have a different version of the "truth."

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Makes for a good she said/he said story, huh, HD?
    Helps sell books.
    This whole Mulkey thing is just like a divorce. He has his side, she has her side . . . and then there's the truth.
    She had nothing to gain or prove before then. She had never been a head coach therefore had nothing to hide/gain/lose, etc . . .

DR blew this one, JUST like he has let Joakes pull the athletic department down. I believe KM's side of the story. DR='s politician, that is why he likes Joakes so much.

I lost most respect for DR a couple of weeks ago when he publically said that he tried to talk Joakes out of his resignation. What a doofus. If he did try, he shouldn't have admitted it. He is clueless when it comes to athletics. That's why it is imperative that we get an AD who knows what the hell he is doing, so when DR does try to get in his business, he can say "Dan, you hired me to be the AD right? Then let me be the AD, or do you want to be the AD?"
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

You don't dress like this during the National Champioship game if you willingly walked away from the school you grew up in:

When I saw this I knew without a doubt where she wanted to be and how much she must have been hurt when it didn't materialize. Anyone here that has ever dealt with a scorned woman should be able to figure this out. Reneau dropped the ball.

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    You don't dress like this during the National Champioship game if you willingly walked away from the school you grew up in:

When I saw this I knew without a doubt where she wanted to be and how much she must have been hurt when it didn't materialize. Anyone here that has ever dealt with a scorned woman should be able to figure this out. Reneau dropped the ball.
    Get out the balloons for the Mulkey pity party. You guys seriously need to let this go. How long ago was this? Come on!

No matter what happens negativity always seems to dominate this board. It is starting to make me sick. Oakes is gone, the athletic dept is moving forward and we are still stuck on Mulkey. Maybe some of YOU are the problem Tech can't move forward.

QUIT LIVING IN THE PAST

Champ LT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the rough

The point is that DR is still in charge. You may or may not believe what KM says in her book, but didn't DR claim that he was doing a national search and would have no salary constraints when he hired Long? Everyone knows this so called national search was a sham.

Are we really to believe that DR asked Oakes not to resign the other day? If he did, I'm happy that he was honest, but did he not reveal his incompetence yet again? Are we really any better off with Oakes gone? I guess we can hope that a real search is done for the AD and that the new AD is allowed to do his job, but past history doesn't really warrant such hope.

The picture of Kim in her Techster blue as she wins the national championship makes me proud of her. I wonder if she might not come back some day after DR is gone.
    ________
    Most powerful vaporizer
    Last edited by LT; 05-05-2011 at 01:11 AM.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post

That was interesting. It was certainly an in your face statement for DR.

Quote Originally Posted by touchdown123 View Post
    Get out the balloons for the Mulkey pity party. You guys seriously need to let this go. How long ago was this? Come on!

No matter what happens negativity always seems to dominate this board. It is starting to make me sick. Oakes is gone, the athletic dept is moving forward and we are still stuck on Mulkey. Maybe some of YOU are the problem Tech can't move forward.

QUIT LIVING IN THE PAST
    I agree.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

The winners write the history.

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by touchdown123 View Post

QUIT LIVING IN THE PAST
    The pity party isn't for Kim. It's for the Techsters.

Quote Originally Posted by fanfromafar View Post
    The pity party isn't for Kim. It's for the Techsters.
    We'll it seems everyone is invited.

+ Reply to Thread