+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pre-Schooler Friendly Mardi Gras in North La?

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Re: Pre-Schooler Friendly Mardi Gras in North La?

Quote Originally Posted by markay714 View Post
    Of course not, but I did get pulled over on my way home going down Jackson Street on suspicion of drunk driving one Friday night. There were kids standing out in the street and I changed lanes a couple of times to drive around them and I get pulled over to get questioned about drunk driving? I'd been playing cards with my grandparents in Grant Parish for the evening - an exciting evening for a mid-20's young gal - and was HIGHLY offended. No, I didn't get cuffed, and I'm certain my blood alcohol would have been 0.00 if they'd checked, but I'm quite certain my blood pressure was VERY elevated!
    Ah don't worry about it. I've been pulled over 4 different times for drunk driving. Of course, I hadn't been drinking at all. (I rarely do, and haven't ever had more than 2 drinks in a night) They were just doing their jobs trying to keep our streets safer.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    When did all these Mardi Gras parades start in north La.? I never even heard the word Mardi Gras until I went to Tech and met some students from NO. That was the only Mardi Gras parade in the state at that time.
    That was probably the only BIG parades at the time, and still are. Mardi Gras celebration and parades have been happening in all South Louisiana for as long as they've been happening in New Orleans.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

They were just doing their jobs trying to keep our streets safer.

That's what the Hillary Clinton look-a-like told me as she was writing me a speeding ticket during morning rush hour. No mention of the state funded campaing to raise extra funds from speeding motorists or the potential hazard of having cars pulled over during the middle of rush hour.

Okay, I feel better now.

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

When did all these Mardi Gras parades start in north La.?
    You gotta get out more Don! It's been a couple of DECADES ago now! I think Gemini's first roll was '89. Not sure how long the krewes have been around. I'll really freak you out with this, East Texas has parades! I think Jefferson Texas calls theirs Mardi Gras Up Stream or Up River. Something like that. And I heard once that the first Mardi Gras Parade in the country was actually in Mobile. Seems they started doing parades 50+ years before N.O.

Champ daybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time daybreaker2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bluecrew View Post
    I'm pretty sure that unless you are in New Orleans or Metarie they are all kid and elder friendly.
    There are plenty of kid-friendly areas of Metairie parades, and even some in New Orleans, especially Endymion, if you catch it right by city park.
    "To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by daybreaker2 View Post
    There are plenty of kid-friendly areas of Metairie parades, and even some in New Orleans, especially Endymion, if you catch it right by city park.
    At one time, I have seen stuff go down EVERYWHERE, even in metarie.
    I guess if you had to pick the safest it would be city park, used to be mid-city.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

When did all these Mardi Gras parades start in north La.? I never even heard the word Mardi Gras until I went to Tech and met some students from NO. That was the only Mardi Gras parade in the state at that time.
    Cmon Don. Friggin Little Rock has a Mardi Gras parade these days!

Get with it, ol man!

+ Reply to Thread