+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: The LOST Season 4 Thread

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Re: The LOST Season 4 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by TechDawgMc View Post
    I wondered if any of the extras (they were in life vests) survived. They seemed to be getting off the boat, but were nowhere to be seen after the explosion.

Did you see the alternate endings this morning? In case word got out that Locke was the one in the coffin, they filmed that last scene with Sawyer and with Desmond (in the casket that is). Which tells you there's still a lot of flexibility in what they are writing.

I think it's interesting what they've done with Ben. They make him a much more sympathetic character at times, and then they bring back in just enough of the ruthlessness to keep you from starting to think maybe he's actually a good guy.
    During the show, I figured it was Locke. Then, when Jack said he had talked to him and he blamed me for leaving the island. I knew it was Locke. Cant wait til next season.

Champ sik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the rough sik-m-boi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TechDawgMc View Post
    I wondered if any of the extras (they were in life vests) survived. They seemed to be getting off the boat, but were nowhere to be seen after the explosion.

Did you see the alternate endings this morning? In case word got out that Locke was the one in the coffin, they filmed that last scene with Sawyer and with Desmond (in the casket that is). Which tells you there's still a lot of flexibility in what they are writing.

I think it's interesting what they've done with Ben. They make him a much more sympathetic character at times, and then they bring back in just enough of the ruthlessness to keep you from starting to think maybe he's actually a good guy.
    i think they shot those different endings so that no one would know for sure who was in the coffin until the show was aired. i think that it was always going to be locke in the coffin, the others were just to throw folks off the trail until the actual reveal.

pretty cool stuff.

random theory time:

widmore was the leader of the others until he stopped following the 'rules' which allowed ben to take over...much like locke did from ben; hence widmore telling ben that all he [ben] had he'd taken from widmore.

abaddon and richard are from the same people, have similar goals but for different reasons. they are each others 'balance' (ala: jack-locke and ben-widmore).

the island moved both physically and temporally.

sun is playing widmore.

both of the known leaders of the others are not 'from' the island (ben, locke) and both had traumatic births (mother dying, premature birth) and both were the intentional cause of their fathers' deaths...could this sort of thing be a prerequisite for other-leadership?

claire needs to never appear in another episode.

*that last one wasn't so much a theory as a preference.

anybody else got anything?

Champ DogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond repute DogtorEvil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tdawg87 View Post
    This is one of those questions that might not be answered until the final season/episode.
    or maybe not....if they answer all the questions, it'll minimize the effect of the movie

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sik-m-boi View Post
    i think they shot those different endings so that no one would know for sure who was in the coffin until the show was aired. i think that it was always going to be locke in the coffin, the others were just to throw folks off the trail until the actual reveal. agree

pretty cool stuff. agree

random theory time:

widmore was the leader of the others until he stopped following the 'rules' which allowed ben to take over...much like locke did from ben; hence widmore telling ben that all he [ben] had he'd taken from widmore. interesting theory. this brings up the question of where does the leader of the others derive all of his money and power? i'm more inclined to speculate that widmore owned darma.

abaddon and richard are from the same people, have similar goals but for different reasons. they are each others 'balance' (ala: jack-locke and ben-widmore). who?

the island moved both physically and temporally. agree

sun is playing widmore. definitely

both of the known leaders of the others are not 'from' the island (ben, locke) and both had traumatic births (mother dying, premature birth) and both were the intentional cause of their fathers' deaths...could this sort of thing be a prerequisite for other-leadership? once again, interesting theory. another big question is who are the others and how did they come to be on the island. also, how is it that the informal leader of the others (i forget his name) doesn't appear to age? is this true of all of the others?

claire needs to never appear in another episode. i am still intrigued at her disappearance. it doesn't make sense that she would just abandon her baby and walk off with her dead father. is there going to be more to that story, or did they just need to get rid of her and that's the best they could think of with the writers on strike?

*that last one wasn't so much a theory as a preference.

anybody else got anything?
    see above

and for my theories:

i think at least some from the boat survived. probably jin and an extra or two, some of the ones that were on the raft to the boat, but not micheal. we'll probably see him again as a ghost like jack's dad.

next season will probalby go back to mostly flashbacks instead of flash forwards as we learn more about what the "oceanic six" have been doing with their time on the mainland, and learn more about the history of ben, widmore, and the others.

Champ sik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the rough sik-m-boi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasbob View Post
    see above

and for my theories:

i think at least some from the boat survived. probably jin and an extra or two, some of the ones that were on the raft to the boat, but not micheal. we'll probably see him again as a ghost like jack's dad.

next season will probalby go back to mostly flashbacks instead of flash forwards as we learn more about what the "oceanic six" have been doing with their time on the mainland, and learn more about the history of ben, widmore, and the others.
    abaddon is the freaky black fellow who met hurley in the crazy house, assembled the team that was on the freighter, and was the orderly who pushed locke around and told him he should go on a walk-a-bout. richard is the the other who doesn't age and appears to wear mascara. (i think these may be the 2 most influential characters in the entire series).

i don't think widmore owned dharma mainly because he seems to be held to some set of rules of which both he and ben are aware...the relationship also seems too personal for it to just be he owned dharma and wants the island back. he and ben seem to have more history than that.

also, i think that it is not unreasonable to think that (once one reaches a certain age) no one ages on the island. it may not be something that is specific to richard. but the others do seem to have other powers that the losties and ben do not have (i.e. moving without making noise, the whispers, not requiring shoes ).

also, lost in all this are the kids that were taken from the tail section...where are they now?

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

and who or what is jacob?

Champ DogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond repute DogtorEvil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DogtorEvil View Post
    www.lostpedia.com

+ Reply to Thread