+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What the Hell does the US Senate have to do with Football?

Champ TulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to behold TulsaPup's Avatar

What the Hell does the US Senate have to do with Football?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3225539

What right does a Senator have to question how a league punishes rule breakers? Maybe I don't know details of the powers of congress, but it seems to me they have bigger things to worry about than how the NFL handled spygate. I'm so sick of politicians already, is there any way we can just get rid of them? :bigcry:

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Re: What the Hell does the US Senate have to do with Football?

One word - ANTI- TRUST

Mainly, the NFL's ANTI-TRUST exemption granted to them by Congress....

They had been trying to get the NFL to answer them for several months now - I think they got their attention.
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Official Unofficial BB&B Pollster TennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her game TennesseeDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TulsaPup View Post

What right does a Senator have to question how a league punishes rule breakers? Maybe I don't know details of the powers of congress, but it seems to me they have bigger things to worry about than how the NFL handled spygate. I'm so sick of politicians already, is there any way we can just get rid of them? :bigcry:
    I'm with you. This guy needs to worry more about the War in Iraq, Economy, and illegal Immigration

Champ buck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to behold

Just another republican avoiding the real issues

Champ atobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to all atobulldog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by buck_dawg_gold View Post
    Just another republican avoiding the real issues
    Granted he is no longer with Congress, but George Mitchell, D-MA, and the Mitchell Report that spawned hearings in the Senate.

Big Dog Red's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the rough Red's Better's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TulsaPup View Post

So true. That was my thought with the Roger Clemens ordeal. First off, there is no way they are going to change the past. So why don't they spend there energy trying to find a way to stop it from this point forward, not chase a bunch of stories and rumors of past players. I dont claim to be the smartest individual, but even a 5 year old can see that all of this is a gigantic waist of time.

I love sports, but I dont want to see the people who are "leading this country" (into what direction I still dont know) worrying about spygate and steroids. Last I checked we are still at war and illegal immigrants are pouring in everyday. Why don't we get that fixed, then we can worry about sports.

Official Unofficial BB&B Pollster TennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her game TennesseeDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Red's Better View Post
    So true. That was my thought with the Roger Clemens ordeal. First off, there is no way they are going to change the past. So why don't they spend there energy trying to find a way to stop it from this point forward, not chase a bunch of stories and rumors of past players. I dont claim to be the smartest individual, but even a 5 year old can see that all of this is a gigantic waist of time.

I love sports, but I dont want to see the people who are "leading this country" (into what direction I still dont know) worrying about spygate and steroids. Last I checked we are still at war and illegal immigrants are pouring in everyday. Why don't we get that fixed, then we can worry about sports.
    Red's Better you deserve the 180 award!! You are a good guy afterall:icon_wink:

Big Dog dawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her game dawg78's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Red's Better View Post

This is exactly why I turned away from pro sports a few years back. I watch and keep up with nothing but collegiate sports pretty much at all levels. Competition where anyone can beat anyone on any given day, where it's all about the team...not just me and my ego. Now that I've said that allow me to take exception to golf and tennis...I watch all levels of those sports including professional.

+ Reply to Thread