+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Rams illicitly before the Super Bowl in 2002.

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

The Rams illicitly before the Super Bowl in 2002.

These cheating bastards, and nobody is making a big deal about it. Thats BS.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3227592
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: The Rams illicitly before the Super Bowl in 2002.

Don't you still have to tackle and block to win football games?

Let me see if I can understand this. The Pats videoed the Jets' signals....but, wouldn't the Pats have to see the signals for each play after that?

You see back-up QBs sending in signals with hand gestures. Couldn't opposing coaches watch that and say, hey, when he does such and such they throw the ball deep...or whatever.

Now, it's being suggested that a frickin Senate committee might convene to investigate this and the NFL?????????????? OMG! Yeah, it's not like the idiots in the Senate don't have more important things to do.

Much ado about nothing.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post

Let me see if I can understand this. The Pats videoed the Jets' signals....but, wouldn't the Pats have to see the signals for each play after that?

You see back-up QBs sending in signals with hand gestures. Couldn't opposing coaches watch that and say, hey, when he does such and such they throw the ball deep...or whatever.

Now, it's being suggested that a frickin Senate committee might convene to investigate this and the NFL?????????????? OMG! Yeah, it's not like the idiots in the Senate don't have more important things to do.

Much ado about nothing.
    I agree.

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

I totally agree about the Senate getting involved, they have much more important things to do. But I do have a problem w/ the Pats doing this. I see this just like steroids in baseball. Its looking for that edge over the opposing team/player and being dishonest.
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Much ado about nothing.
    I don't want to make too much of this either, but I think there is a specific rule against using video to "steal signs" but not one against just paying attention to the opposing sideline. And I think the Pats might have been warned about it in the past.
    To be honest, the fact that they got caught cheating bothers me a little less than their reaction to getting caught cheating. The whole "everyone's against us, let's show them" mentality worked pretty well for them, but it ticked me off.
    If you cheat, then get caught cheating, I'm not going to feel sorry for you when you get slammed for it. They acted like they were being picked on unfairly, and "why oh why can't they just leave us alone, just because we got caught cheating, and what kind of jerk turns in a team who was cheating against him, etc."
    Now I'm not saying they aren't an awesome team, just that in my mind they chose the wrong response to getting busted (although - in terms of winning it seems to have paid off).

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

I agree the senate shouldn't get involved. It's sports people, the senate should have bigger fish to fry. On the flip side I think the NFL should have hammered them much harder. I think BOTH of thier 1st round picks should have been taken away and I think the fines should have been more severe. Apparently they were warned ahead of time and openly defied that warning.

Champ Poisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the rough Poisso3's Avatar
    Ellisville, MO (30 miles West of St. Louis)

6 weeks ago, my wife's cousin, who is married to the former WR coach of that 2001 Rams team, told us that after the game her husband was told by someone from the Pats sideline that they knew every play they ran in that end of the game drive. When the story came out yesterday about the Ram's final walk through being filmed before the Super Bowl, I could only think back to what I was told by a coach's wife and shake my head knowing the Pats have cheated their way to at least 1 SB victory...

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Anti-Trust folks - that's a POWERFUL exemption granted by the Congress....

I think this going to go much deeper than folks realize -

Atleast Timmie B and myseld think so -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Champ Poisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the rough Poisso3's Avatar
    Ellisville, MO (30 miles West of St. Louis)

I'm still waiting for my wife to ask her cousin what they think about this news coming out...

Here's where the videos that were destroyed included that Rams walk-through and the NFL crapped a brick truck when they found out hince the quick torching...

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

It's a LOT easier to tackle when you know where the ball is going to be. It's a LOT easier to block when you know where the blitz is coming from. If cheating didn't help, the Pats wouldn't have done it.

+ Reply to Thread