+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wow

Hybrid View

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

Wow

....that's all I have to say about that great game.

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

Re: Wow

One of the best! I lover the underdog. What are the odds of brothers winning back to back Super Bowls like that?

2005 Bowl Confidence Contest Champion LaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the rough LaTechRandy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    One of the best! I lover the underdog. What are the odds of brothers winning back to back Super Bowls like that?
    How about back to back Super Bowl MVP for brothers?

Incredible play by Eli & Tyree on the 3rd and 5 play that Eli escaped the rush and Tyree made an awesome catch on the 24...play of the game!

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Yes, the catch with one hand on the ball and the ball pressed against his helmet was incredible. I couldn't believe he didn't drop that pass.

Definitely one of the best games ever; it's a shame one of them had to lose.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Only downside is the that the stinkin' 72 dolphins will be talking smack for another 20 years.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Only downside is the that the stinkin' 72 dolphins will be talking smack for another 20 years.
    AMEN, is anyone else tired of the 72 dolphins? Or is it just me?

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by revf View Post
    That team really was a pretty cool team. I don't think much of their celebrating losses, though I have the impression that's just a few of the guys.

Being the only perfect team ever is impressive. My big gripe is when people argue that makes them inarguably the best team ever. I don't think I'd even put them in the top 5. They really benefitted from a poor schedule. Good running team though they were, they were a team quarterbacked by Earl Morrall of all people.

Puppy DevilleDawg is just really niceDevilleDawg is just really niceDevilleDawg is just really niceDevilleDawg is just really niceDevilleDawg is just really niceDevilleDawg is just really niceDevilleDawg is just really niceDevilleDawg is just really niceDevilleDawg is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by TechDawgMc View Post
    That team really was a pretty cool team. I don't think much of their celebrating losses, though I have the impression that's just a few of the guys.

Being the only perfect team ever is impressive. My big gripe is when people argue that makes them inarguably the best team ever. I don't think I'd even put them in the top 5. They really benefitted from a poor schedule. Good running team though they were, they were a team quarterbacked by Earl Morrall of all people.
    No way they were the best team ever, that was my 5th grade Pop Warner team. But as far as mutiple year domination, the Steelers of the Seventies will never be touched. Same basic roster that for years created havoc in the NFL.

Champ louisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the rough

I am very happy we don't get to listen to 19-0 for the next 3 weeks! The best thing was watching it with a bandwagon pats fan in the same room. Those Louisiana boys sure know how to win Super Bowls!

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't seen any in my yard or pool lately. Now the radical islamic terrorist might be upset seeing those 72 dolphins instead of the promised 72 virgins. Then again, maybe they wouldn't.

Champ TulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to behold TulsaPup's Avatar

I've never felt strongly either way about the 72 Dolphins, but after listening to Mercury Morris all season I was actually kind of hoping the Pats would win. The Dolphins are way down on my list of best teams, they played one of the easiest schedules in NFL history (opponents had a combined winning percentage under .400). They beat the pre-dynasty Steelers in the AFC title game by only four points, 21-17, and were underdogs in the Super Bowl against the Redskins, winning 14-7. I'd say the 2000's Patriots, 70's Steelers, 80's 49ers, 60's Packers, 85 Bears, and even the 99 Rams were all better teams than the 72 Dolphins. The early 90's Bills were probably better too, even though they never won a Super Bowl.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

18 & Done!
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TulsaPup View Post
    I've never felt strongly either way about the 72 Dolphins, but after listening to Mercury Morris all season I was actually kind of hoping the Pats would win. The Dolphins are way down on my list of best teams, they played one of the easiest schedules in NFL history (opponents had a combined winning percentage under .400). They beat the pre-dynasty Steelers in the AFC title game by only four points, 21-17, and were underdogs in the Super Bowl against the Redskins, winning 14-7. I'd say the 2000's Patriots, 70's Steelers, 80's 49ers, 60's Packers, 85 Bears, and even the 99 Rams were all better teams than the 72 Dolphins. The early 90's Bills were probably better too, even though they never won a Super Bowl.
    I agree Tulsa. These teams were all better than those Dolphins.

I think the Steelers probably had the best dynasty, but for one year I think the 85 Bears were the best team ever. I know all about the Steel Curtain and Doomsday and blah, blah, blah but that Bears defense was the best ever. They obliterated teams. In my book Walter Payton was the greatest all around RB ever to play. Hard nosed running, never ran out of bounds, bone crushing blocks, led the team in receiving, threw td passes, you name it. I'd put that team against anyone. And on top of all that they were fun to watch. They had too much ego to sustain it though. The Steelers were more of a team which is why they had the best team over the longest period of time.

If you consider the salary cap though, what the Patriots have done/and are doing is nothing short of amazing. The salary cap makes an enormous difference.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Love me some Mercruy Morris

You know he was sitting by his phone waiting for it to ring - complete with prescripted replys....
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Big Dog TechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her game TechSupporter11's Avatar

Especially Mercury Morris...

+ Reply to Thread