+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wow

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

Re: Wow

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Only downside is the that the stinkin' 72 dolphins will be talking smack for another 20 years.
    AMEN, is anyone else tired of the 72 dolphins? Or is it just me?

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by revf View Post
    That team really was a pretty cool team. I don't think much of their celebrating losses, though I have the impression that's just a few of the guys.

Being the only perfect team ever is impressive. My big gripe is when people argue that makes them inarguably the best team ever. I don't think I'd even put them in the top 5. They really benefitted from a poor schedule. Good running team though they were, they were a team quarterbacked by Earl Morrall of all people.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't seen any in my yard or pool lately. Now the radical islamic terrorist might be upset seeing those 72 dolphins instead of the promised 72 virgins. Then again, maybe they wouldn't.

Puppy DevilleDawg is just really niceDevilleDawg is just really niceDevilleDawg is just really niceDevilleDawg is just really niceDevilleDawg is just really niceDevilleDawg is just really niceDevilleDawg is just really niceDevilleDawg is just really niceDevilleDawg is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by TechDawgMc View Post
    That team really was a pretty cool team. I don't think much of their celebrating losses, though I have the impression that's just a few of the guys.

Being the only perfect team ever is impressive. My big gripe is when people argue that makes them inarguably the best team ever. I don't think I'd even put them in the top 5. They really benefitted from a poor schedule. Good running team though they were, they were a team quarterbacked by Earl Morrall of all people.
    No way they were the best team ever, that was my 5th grade Pop Warner team. But as far as mutiple year domination, the Steelers of the Seventies will never be touched. Same basic roster that for years created havoc in the NFL.

Champ louisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the rough

I am very happy we don't get to listen to 19-0 for the next 3 weeks! The best thing was watching it with a bandwagon pats fan in the same room. Those Louisiana boys sure know how to win Super Bowls!

Champ TulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to behold TulsaPup's Avatar

I've never felt strongly either way about the 72 Dolphins, but after listening to Mercury Morris all season I was actually kind of hoping the Pats would win. The Dolphins are way down on my list of best teams, they played one of the easiest schedules in NFL history (opponents had a combined winning percentage under .400). They beat the pre-dynasty Steelers in the AFC title game by only four points, 21-17, and were underdogs in the Super Bowl against the Redskins, winning 14-7. I'd say the 2000's Patriots, 70's Steelers, 80's 49ers, 60's Packers, 85 Bears, and even the 99 Rams were all better teams than the 72 Dolphins. The early 90's Bills were probably better too, even though they never won a Super Bowl.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

18 & Done!
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Love me some Mercruy Morris

You know he was sitting by his phone waiting for it to ring - complete with prescripted replys....
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Administrator AustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to behold AustinDawg's Avatar

Dwayne,

What did you think of halftime show? Was it me, or did Tom Petty look like Johnny Fever?

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by AustinDawg View Post
    Dwayne,

What did you think of halftime show? Was it me, or did Tom Petty look like Johnny Fever?
    Seperated at birth! - I just couldn't think of who it was last nite....

Thought they sounded good and tite - could defintely tell it was live - really wish they had done BREAKDOWN and Refugee -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

When people start to age they really age. I saw Petty in Dallas maybe 5 years ago and he didn't look near that old. He's still greatness though. No wardrobe malfunctions just good old, American Rock and Roll. I wonder if half of those kids that were dancing around that stage had any idea who was playing in front of them?

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TulsaPup View Post
    I've never felt strongly either way about the 72 Dolphins, but after listening to Mercury Morris all season I was actually kind of hoping the Pats would win. The Dolphins are way down on my list of best teams, they played one of the easiest schedules in NFL history (opponents had a combined winning percentage under .400). They beat the pre-dynasty Steelers in the AFC title game by only four points, 21-17, and were underdogs in the Super Bowl against the Redskins, winning 14-7. I'd say the 2000's Patriots, 70's Steelers, 80's 49ers, 60's Packers, 85 Bears, and even the 99 Rams were all better teams than the 72 Dolphins. The early 90's Bills were probably better too, even though they never won a Super Bowl.
    I agree Tulsa. These teams were all better than those Dolphins.

I think the Steelers probably had the best dynasty, but for one year I think the 85 Bears were the best team ever. I know all about the Steel Curtain and Doomsday and blah, blah, blah but that Bears defense was the best ever. They obliterated teams. In my book Walter Payton was the greatest all around RB ever to play. Hard nosed running, never ran out of bounds, bone crushing blocks, led the team in receiving, threw td passes, you name it. I'd put that team against anyone. And on top of all that they were fun to watch. They had too much ego to sustain it though. The Steelers were more of a team which is why they had the best team over the longest period of time.

If you consider the salary cap though, what the Patriots have done/and are doing is nothing short of amazing. The salary cap makes an enormous difference.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    When people start to age they really age. I saw Petty in Dallas maybe 5 years ago and he didn't look near that old. He's still greatness though. No wardrobe malfunctions just good old, American Rock and Roll. I wonder if half of those kids that were dancing around that stage had any idea who was playing in front of them?
    I thought the same thing. I remember the Petty videos when I was younger (back when MTV actually was a music channel), and I always liked his music. I couldnt help but laugh when I saw all of those people near the stage and they were all young. They were probably thinking "Who is this old guy?".

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post

Vette said the same thing last night.

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Tom had a really rough time with his divorce. He almost became a hermit and lapsed into a pretty serious drug problem (not that Tom is known for his sobriety). I thought the band sounded great but like Dwayne I was hoping for more Heartbreakers tunes instead of the stuff from Tom's solo career. I think he went with the most uptempo stuff he could do to keep the energy through the show. The kids know Petty, he's still popular although mostly for his older stuff. I got the Heartbreakers DVD for Christmas, it's a great story but a runs a little long. The concert on the DVD is great. I hope I have another chance to see him live before he stops touring.

+ Reply to Thread